Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 9 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

A car pulled up to our side in the the lane next to us and a guy started waving his arms and shouted 'nice car'. He didn't really care about the handful of cars that he was holding up behind him lol

On sunday as I was parking at a supermarket, a guy leaving the car park was staring so hard at my car out of his side window he crashed into the car in front when it stopped!

At work I mentioned that I have a test drive of a Porsche next week, main comment, "why would you want to swap your car for a Porsche?"

• Like 1

That's the main reason though isn't it hence why it is pitched at the 911. Makes a big difference to weight and size. The Cayman GTS is more compatible with the excige all be it the Cayman had a more luxurious finish.

Stu

But there are other differences compared to the Exige. It has power steering, carpets, a set of speakers, satnav, etc. There is more to it than just the two seats. I don't think the average Evora buyer would buy an Exige.

Which also means that the Cayman GTS being £20k cheaper is rather attractive to potential buyers.

Edited by MrStephens

Agreed which is why the evora compares with the 911. The 4 seats really is a big deal and the main reason they are cross shopped. The Cayman is a more focused car than even the evora is and is not really an every day practical sports car in the same way the evora is. Both great cars just different.

I don't need rear seats anymore but need a car that works as a daily driver, the Exige is not that car.  The Cayman, or a 911 maybe, I am struggling to find a my 12 n/a Evora with all 3 packs, plus new Cayman GTS is good value and has much more attractive finance than the Evora.

It will be interesting to see what its like, I am going to take some persuading as I love my Evora

Just give it a good test drive and be honest with yourself, I'm sure the Cayman is a great driver's car. Although I do remember someone on lotustalk being in your position, test driving all the P-cars (including the GT3) and deciding not to upgrade at all :P

Evora is more comparable with the Cayman in my opinion, similar price (at least here in Australia) and both mid-engined. Exige is a totally different class of car.

Have fun and let us know how you go :)

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

Gentleman in a beautiful Jag E-Type gave me the nod of acknowledgement on the motorway today.

That's the second time motoring royalty has acknowledged the Evora... First time it was a silver haired fox in an F40.

Love Evora!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Spent all day yesterday at the Supercar Siege.  Was suprised by just how much attention the car got, and has some pretty intense questioning on running costs etc. - some of whom admitted to searching out an Evora owner specifically at the event.  

It would seem that the Evora is becoming more acknowledged and people are considering it is a very real ownership prospect.

Every comment was favourable and flattering.  Made me happy :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Over the years I've had a couple of Elises and one of the first VW Sciroccos in the UK which used to get a couple of looks or questions in a car park, but nothing had prepared me for the attention the Evora gets!

In the two months I've owned the car, it's been licked by random hoodies, applauded and appeared to almost cause some drivers to driver off the road for rubber-necking.

The diversity of those showing interest is also quite interesting, it does seem to be a bit of a white-van-man favorite. In fact it seems to be the shiny Disco 5, Audio Q5/7, Range Rover, VW Toureg fraternity that like it the least! Mr Weekend-School-Run-Mum MPV driver likes to dribble while enduring his supermarket expedition with the family. Even petrol station staff (who must see it all) seem fascinated.

Mrs Dobbin (co-pilot) notices it a lot more, while I'm concentrating on not embarrassing myself on the road.

Apart from my van for work my GTE is coping admirably as a daily driver! 700 miles so far and there was I thinking I wouldn't get the mileage done before it's first service on the 13th.

Gav

• Like 1

GTE is off the scale in real life

Off topic for a second:-

I take it your happy with it!! but does it feel any different to drive?

I have come from an N/A Evora LE and have only driven a few miles in an early "S". Both were manual.

I am still running-in the (also manual) GTE and have only covered 500 miles. Therefore I am barely breaking 4000 rpm, but the thrust is still very impressive, despite my short-shifting. This is clearly a reflection of the increased torque of the blown unit, whereas the N/A pulls better higher up the rev range.

There is no reason why a standard GTE would be any quicker than a standard "S" in a straight line, but where it does win is on turn-in. It's razor-sharp and something that the Lotus Motorsport guys are rightly proud of. I think a GTE with a Komotec 430 would be pretty much invincible! However, I doubt that I will modify mine. Certainly not for the a year or so, anyway. Time will tell...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Funny that several have mentioned about cashiers in petrol stations taking an interest.  I've had that too but was surprised when it happened at the Shell at East Horsley - this is the nearest garage to Bell & Covill and they must surely get Lotuses in there every day?  I've been on test drives when Scott and Jamie have filled up the B&C demo cars there!

I have come from an N/A Evora LE and have only driven a few miles in an early "S". Both were manual.

I am still running-in the (also manual) GTE and have only covered 500 miles. Therefore I am barely breaking 4000 rpm, but the thrust is still very impressive, despite my short-shifting. This is clearly a reflection of the increased torque of the blown unit, whereas the N/A pulls better higher up the rev range.

There is no reason why a standard GTE would be any quicker than a standard "S" in a straight line, but where it does win is on turn-in. It's razor-sharp and something that the Lotus Motorsport guys are rightly proud of. I think a GTE with a Komotec 430 would be pretty much invincible! However, I doubt that I will modify mine. Certainly not for the a year or so, anyway. Time will tell...

Sounds lovely

So I was having my car fueled up at the petrol station. I paid, and the Pakistani attendant asked me if I was Australian. I replied, "No--American." He said, oh . . . because you look like an Australian cricket player named Garett or Garrick or something (cricketeer? whatever they are called

Edited by ByJoveByJingle

Was driving through richmond North Yorkshire last night at about 10.30PM weather was nice so there was alot of people sat outside of the pubs in the warm night air when I drove up the cobbled road past the pub 1 guy stood up pointed and shouted "WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT ITS STUNNING!" to which the whole pub went quite and stared. Just a little blip of the troatel give everyone a big smile and a cheer. What a feeling :)

• Like 2

North Yorkshire is defo the long way home from MMC!!  :unworthy: 

It is strange how you get used to it and/or you don't always notice it after a while but new passengers will tell you about the reactions or mates following in other cars see things you don't.  Get used to it.

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023