Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 34 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 08/06/2018 at 17:58, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Not in the Evora today, but roof down in the bright red Ferrari Mondial, I pulled in to my local Shell station to slake its voracious appetite for V Power. When I went in to pay, the guy in front collared another customer and said “I LOVE your car!”. Rather put out that I had been upstaged, I watched said gentleman return to the forecourt and climb into his Gulf liveried and stickered Citroen 2CV!

I had a chap come into work today to tell me how awesome my car was really gushing over it bless him. I went in my 106 Rallye which is arguably our coolest car. 

Nice girls don't usually lift their skirts as a come-on, but my Evora has a dose of naughty and likes to tease the boys!

Got a lot of very warm reactions from the (mostly Harley biker) crowd benefit event.  I was asked to bring the car and it ended up attracting more attention than the bikes. 

*Three of these things belong together, one of them belongs alone. (*Old Sesame Street line for those unfamiliar with American children's TV).  I'm the odd man out.   The bikes are worth a separate thread in the Bike section.  While not my style they are seriously fussed over.   They loved the car and I had a ball.  IMG_2747.thumb.jpg.a3eff53ad4c80a0a1fe789703db70132.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

• Like 2

'17 Evora 400 MT 

• Gold FFM

Drove from Bury St Edmunds to home last Friday.  En route I had a McLaren slow down (yes, slow down) and give me a wave on the M25, a Nissan GT-R follow me in to the services for a "good butchers at yer car mate", a motorcyclists who I moved over to let past give me a good point and a thumbs up at the car, and a couple of lads in a BMW 2002 (which was mint) that I had to slow down for reciprocate my thumbs up.  Quite the journey.

Today I went to my local Shell to fill up to brimming before heading off to Le Mans tomorrow and saw a couple of retired couples (you know, @Bibs age) in almost identical brand-spankers Boxsters cause a few impatient faces as they held everyone up asking me about, and admiring the car.

Still makes me wonder though, as nearly all of them had a damn good look at the rear to see what the Evora actually was - or just plain asked.  Still the best kept secret nearly ten years on...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Loquacious Lew said:

Nice girls don't usually lift their skirts as a come-on, but my Evora has a dose of naughty and likes to tease the boys!

Got a lot of very warm reactions from the (mostly Harley biker) crowd benefit event.  I was asked to bring the car and it ended up attracting more attention than the bikes. 

*Three of these things belong together, one of them belongs alone. (*Old Sesame Street line for those unfamiliar with American children's TV).  I'm the odd man out.   The bikes are worth a separate thread in the Bike section.  While not my style they are seriously fussed over.   They loved the car and I had a ball.  IMG_2747.thumb.jpg.a3eff53ad4c80a0a1fe789703db70132.jpg

IMG_2733.jpg

MSG looks amazing is strong sunlight 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jonnyboy said:

I had a chap come into work today to tell me how awesome my car was really gushing over it bless him. I went in my 106 Rallye which is arguably our coolest car. 

1.3 or 1.6 ? 😋

On 12/06/2018 at 16:01, bosshog said:

MSG looks amazing is strong sunlight 

We get a lot of that here and you're right.  It brightens up a lot in the sun and the metallic nature becomes quite obvious.   I think it's a bit bluer at night and not nearly as sparkly.  I think the car looks good in a lot of the colors they offer but green is traditional on a Lotus even if this isn't quite a traditional green.  I wasn't sure about the color when I bought the car.  Real happy with it now. 

'17 Evora 400 MT 

The difference dependent upon light is demonstrated/it is amazing how our cars look completely different in our profile pictures.

ps The roof is particularly pretty in bright sunlight :hrhr:

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I'm sure you enjoyed the Evora around Snowdonia! 😎

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Leaving Cars and Coffee event and some guy yelled "Its just a Camry."

Its shocking to me how many haters (in-general) come to these events. Why would you waste your time to come down to a Cars and Coffee to hate on cars? Other than that though, many great cars there. Aventador, couple of Gallardos, Ferris, 570S, bunch fo R8s, a Ford GT, plus some amazing muscle and classic cars. A couple Mazda Autozam AZ-1s were there, which is a car I have never seen before in person. Absolutely tiny.

Edited by Likuid

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

I parked up in my local Sainsbury's car park at the start of the week.  Came out to find a late 40's guys standing at the car.  He was about to walk away so unlocked the car so the indicators caught his attention.  Had a really nice chat with the MX5 owning guy who said how much he loved the Evora and what a great looking car it is, and ended by saying how lucky I was.  I actually feel guilty and embarrassed when someone says something like that to me but made me come away feeling what a car the Evora is.

Best kept secret indeed.

• Like 1

Once again on nephew care duty today and took him to Duxford, I park up a few spaced down from a family of 4 decamping from a Qashqui and the father pays the car some very kind complements, the mother replies that it's no good for the kids.

I don't think she was very happy when I opened the passenger door to allow my nephew to climb out the back whilst telling them that's it's a practical 4 seater family car 😇

• Like 1

Had 2 mid 50 Lady Jahova’s Witnesses last week while I was cleaning the cars. Asked if they could leave an invitation, but only wanted to talk about the Evora. :hrhr:

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Took the 410 on a track day with lots of other nice machinery (GT3s, Macca 570, 650, Ferrari 488 etc) and 2 people came up to me to tell me that the Lotus was the best sounding car there. One owned multiple Ferrari’s (but had brought a Megane Trophy R for the day) and the other owned Porches. It probably helped that the 410 was pushing out about 107 dB.

• 1 month later...
On 24/06/2018 at 20:48, Gadzooks said:

Took the 410 on a track day with lots of other nice machinery (GT3s, Macca 570, 650, Ferrari 488 etc) and 2 people came up to me to tell me that the Lotus was the best sounding car there. One owned multiple Ferrari’s (but had brought a Megane Trophy R for the day) and the other owned Porches. It probably helped that the 410 was pushing out about 107 dB.

Which track was it?

1 hour ago, Gadzooks said:

Castle Combe.  But it was a private hire so more flex on noise limits - as fewer cars

Ah Thanks. Really want to get the 410 on track but can't find a track day. If anyone else knows of these sorts of events please PM me! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Just had Curry’s deliver new fridge and the two guys took about 10 mins extra as they were admiring and taking a couple of photos of the Evora before beginning the delivery of my fridge.

also many questions starting with never seen these before ? Didn’t know lotus made these cars? How many seats ???

it was their last drop of the day and they said it was worth the wait ! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mister_Tad said:

My wife in the passenger seat hat "gold digger" shouted at her the other day. I may have wound her up about that more than a few times since 😂

Sorry, but this post is WWP! :lol: