Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fun replicas - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fun replicas

Love the Piper Pete. I remember when they made that and it was in the press and to be produced but sadly nothing came of it. Suspect would have trouble getting it through IVA for road registration which I’d like. 

Marcos have always been of interest too so thanks for that. There’s a nice Westfield X1 come up but has wire wheels and I’d prefer Minilites foe better rubber. Just get the feeling I’d be very disappointed with one.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The piper looks awesome only let down by modern alloys, needs to have fat deep dish 3 piece comp or bss mesh alloys fitted and some race decals added. 

A

I went to have a look at the Hoffman Caterham today and their 250 Cup GP edition. The Caterham had the wrong seats for me but Elise was nice. Contacted a fella about a Westfield X1 but he’s not around at the weekend so maybe in the week.

Trevor.

I know, I’m a slacker and I’m sorry. Favourite is still the WESTFIELD X1 or ERA 30 (Lotus 23 lookalike). Not had an opportunity to go see the X1 I like yet but may be next week.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

Trevor agreed with the Westfield, have you thought of building one the kit is 11k then you probably got 2k in options then a chrome bumper Midget. Personally once the garage is done that what I think I am going to do (read with a lot of help from Sparky hopefully) I am thinking steel cranked 1380cc A Series, up grade the brakes etc, I done a Midget in my youth and I do remember the parts are very cheap, seem to remember Mini Sport being particularly good suppliers then you get what you want for the same money, IVA is a bit of an issue from what I have been reading but you can get them through 

I'm actually hoping to be in contact with the Ace man, I want to see that car myself! It could make a great feature. Think it's a crime that it hasn't sold yet.

The Ace man?

Dan, yes considered the kit and it’s just time and effort considerartions that stop me. I priced the kit and options at £15k and think that’s reasonable. I’d much prefer to have a finished car to fiddle with and drive though.

ian, I’m keen on the ERA as it has the performance I’d like and feel it could be made to be quite good on track. The X1 is more comfortable though with lighter controls I think and suspect less of a blunt instrument, could be wrong about that though. Doubt I’ll get the opportunity to try an X1 before buying one though.

Trevor.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2019 at 08:36, pete said:

Factory Five cars are almost there own enterty which i rather like, another example of their cars is this 818R series which are Subaru based

https://www.factoryfive.com/818/

Factory Five 818R series.JPG