Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430 - Page 9 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tex’s Lotus Exige Cup 430

1 hour ago, Akajak said:

I think the Evora 400 is around 9.5 so my thinking was it would be nearer 8 ish ?

No never seen any official results for the Cup 430.

Unofficial time at Kendrew in a friends Cup last year,  did indicate well under 9s on 3 runs that he did 

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/lotus-cars-news/lotus-exige-cup-430-unlimited-edition/

With 430 hp at 7,000 rpm and 440 Nm (325 lbft) of torque from 4,000 rpm, 0-60mph is dispatched in 3.2 seconds (0-100 km/h in 3.3 seconds) with a top speed of 180 mph (290 km/h).

Tail wind? :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 month later...

Not that this is a surprise, but the 430 Cup is considerably more powerful than my 380 Cup. Me and my friend were on the track yesterday, the first time together, he had a passenger with him so more weight and yet he was able to just zoom by me on a straight while I'm going as fast as I can making me feel so slow. 50hp makes a big difference 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

Not that this is a surprise, but the 430 Cup is considerably more powerful than my 380 Cup. Me and my friend were on the track yesterday, the first time together, he had a passenger with him so more weight and yet he was able to just zoom by me on a straight while I'm going as fast as I can making me feel so slow. 50hp makes a big difference 😅

@mark248am You need to drop a KT460 in your 380 ;) 

• Like 2

salut,

La différence provient probablement de plus d'eau de refroidissement que de 50 CV. Vu le circuit, il était probablement très chaud.

Edited by ratmbe

4 hours ago, ratmbe said:

salut,

La différence provient probablement de plus d'eau de refroidissement que de 50 CV. Vu le circuit, il était probablement très chaud.

Yes I agree. The charge cooler would be making a big difference there.

looks like it was quite close in the corners though.

@ mark248am:

watching your video, by the way compliments ... well it is clear 50 PS there are ..., I told myself that I wanted, for some time, to ask a question about the difference of the 2 sounds of the exaust : I open a "fast" subject in the "Engine & Ancillaies ..." chapter

• Like 1

Great result for the 430 but also proves how difficult it is to match the factory claimed 0-60 mph times with a 3.6 compared to a 3.2 but the 0-100 looks reasonable 

0BCD138E-9056-4BCE-AB4B-2148B861D6C0.png

are the factory 0-60 times a lie or just very difficult to replicate?

I posted on another thread how Autocar couldn't get anywhere near the Lotus 0-60 for the Elise 250 Cup

if it's a common theme perhaps they should be challenged

On 17/03/2019 at 09:35, Andy Norman said:

Don’t really understand this. 

Buy, click it works? Not a lot of explanation in the summary. 

F7EAB86E-7F88-463F-AF6A-EAAA9B7938A2.png

Hi,

I have install it in parallele .. sorry in french :)

Regards

R

@mark248am the factory button works fine on normal mode which is the only mode I use for the streets.

Now that I have something to plug charger side with for track duty it literally takes less than a minute to do so and I can have the value always open on any mode.

Had I not invested in the factory button I would have gone for the komotec remote option I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking into the KT upgrade for the 430 pretty seriously atm. I feel the car needs a bit more oomf and want it to stand out a bit with this and some other subtle mods.  Also think there is little point in waiting another 12 months in warranty. 

Does anyone know of anyone who has done this yet. 

Where do I get it completed, in Germany or will B&C do the conversion for KT?

Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, Andy Norman said:

Looking into the KT upgrade for the 430 pretty seriously atm. I feel the car needs a bit more oomf and want it to stand out a bit with this and some other subtle mods.  Also think there is little point in waiting another 12 months in warranty. 

Does anyone know of anyone who has done this yet. 

Where do I get it completed, in Germany or will B&C do the conversion for KT?

Thanks in advance. 

I think I saw Hangar 111 could do it

Where do you feel it could use the extra oomph

1 minute ago, Akajak said:

I think I saw Hangar 111 could do it

Anyone UK based with recommendations is what I’m after. I’m based in Edinburgh so it’s going to be a ball ache wherever I have to go to get it done.