Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club! - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora 'Sports Racer' Club!

pete757

• Gold FFM
On 12/06/2018 at 16:43, blueg33 said:

I can't recall, Aimee did tell me but it didn't sink in as I was too excited at the thought of owing a Daytona Blue one :), it has twin tailpipes if that helps.  It does not have a valve, and is louder than regular ones.

Edit to add, I think its this one but could be wrong.:

LIGHTWEIGHT LEVEL 1 SPORTS EXHAUST STAINLESS STEEL

With Blue Tipped Titanium

i have this fitted to mine..  lovely mature sports sound...   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Very nice! 😎

What an awesome looking car is the 'simplicity' of the S1! Just looks 'right'! 

How long have you owned it for?

I bought the car just 2 months ago, and I simply love it. The car has had 2 keepers from new. The first owner was actually MacLaren, which owned the car less than 6 months to study the suspension or something. At their time the car wasn't really driven at all.

• Like 1

I have a 2010 Evora NA.   Its insurance renewal time and when I type my number plate into the form, it returns back with Lotus Evora Sports Racer.  I don't have the black exterior panels and my interior appears to be the standard black leather trim.  There is no red piping on the seats or other any marks to suggest anything other than standard?   I always assumed it was a NA with all the option packs.

So do I belong in the club or not?

On 21/06/2018 at 13:06, woza said:

2014 Burnt Orange S here. Certificate of provenance suggests 1 of only 2 ever made.

The best colour for any lotus to be in. Great choice of car and colour.

Not trying to be negative far from it, sport racers great cars and will be one of the most sort after Evora's. But the only thing that lets the car down is the interior and that's the colour option, having only the black and red, great on some cars, obviously red, good on white, get away with it on darker colours. But on blue and other not so popular colours like the burnt Orange mentioned above not so good. Different colour options would have been nice at the time of build.

@scotty435

a "simple" premium pack or premium pack sport could be ordered in several leather colors, but I guess because of the lower price the sports racer has been ordered by most buyers. In Germany the 2013 sports racer s was cheaper than a similar equipped s in 2012! 

The oyster looks stunning in any shade of blue but especially persian. It looks good with red and black too and some greys.

The cognac is orgasmic with nightfall blue - my well documented favourite GTE spec!  You know who you are! Also nice with red. A mini Ferrari!

SR interior is good, however original in non charcoal is better  - blue (stunning in a white car and uber rare); paprika (stunning with white, MSG, Black and surprisingly grey). Cognac - yum. Bitter or chocolate is a erm. Can look good.  Fact is leather colours on S1 non SR were actually quite wide. SR I believe condensed it down to black or venom red.  I had the venom red in my S1 and loved them. It was not an SR.

I prefer the original S1 steel dash and hvac to the plastic looming black SR garbage.

Horses for courses I guess.

MY12 onwards door handles are 100 times better than S1 originals though.

I still think a mint S1 LE in the right colour scheme is THE BEST Evora and the one that history will respect the most as a game changer for Lotus. Just my humble point of view.

The SR is a great looker. It moved the game on with interior quality. But it lost a little something too.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Andy, I agree that a mint S1 LE would be the version to stand up against an SR for future classic status. The two ends of the spectrum regarding technical development, but a "first edition" is always especially desirable. I stand by my marginal selection of an SR though, as things like fuel and other running costs fall away for a cherished classic. Though the S1's lower power could be down played, things like its "long" gearbox, the SR's gear change cable and mechanism improvements and the more balanced appearance given by the SR's larger wheels and sill/roof paint treatment and better exhaust sounds, with the general quality upgrade, do swing it for me.

Mainly though, I want to say that a "classic" mint S1 LE had better be a well polished/sucked/sorted mint. Purely by chance, I was at B&C one evening when a large van arrived and out came the very first Evora to be delivered from Hethel. Turquoise. Something of a B&C reception committee crowded around; I made myself invisible in the background but with camera poised. (My photo and excited post is hopefully still here somewhere. (Though - almost dare not say it - I might have sent it to "the other place".)  Relevant to say that that car and colour was intended for a customer.

The thing is - at last - that, although I won't go into details as it's now only a historical note and irrelevant, when I asked for a test drive a few weeks (I think) later, I was told there would be a delay as "it has gone back to Hethel to have a few things sorted out". (Pretty much a quote.)  I was told of a few of the issues, but it was a private conversation.

So, for your mint S1 LE, better not go for a truly original original!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi .... I'm looking to join the SR club ... was wondering if anyone knew this car:   https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-evora-s-ips-sports-racer-345-bhp/ 

Seems nice, but i'm concerned by the number of owners and the price seems a bit too high ....

Any thoughts .... ?

Nice cars are rocking horse poop ... I need a IPS car, i'd prefer SR spec, needs to be a S model ....... just nothing around. Only seen one other and that was keenly priced and went before i could even view it ... that one has be advertised for ages. 10% less and it would be worth a proper consideration ....

My advice is you should contact a few dealers with your requirements and ask that they contact you regarding a suitable car they may be taking in. Part of the reason you see so few for sale is that the cars change hands at dealers before they hit the forecourt or are advertised. Good luck!

It loos nice, its low mileage and the price is about right ( subject to negotiations), but like you I'd be wondering why 4 owners in those few miles.  Perhaps an extended fully comprehensive warranty for 3 years could be negotiated?

Perhaps the 'first' owner was  the dealer if it's been pre-registered.

Price look okay a starting point, the IPS tend to command a small premium being less common.  I wouldn't let the dealer know you need an IPS otherwise the price wont budge!!

20 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

My advice is you should contact a few dealers with your requirements and ask that they contact you regarding a suitable car they may be taking in. Part of the reason you see so few for sale is that the cars change hands at dealers before they hit the forecourt or are advertised. Good luck!

Thanks Tim ... I have already spoken to a couple... i'll extend my search...