Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 227 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

31 minutes ago, philnotts said:

Couple of new Evora's to market. The GT430 seems cheap?!

See what further details emerge but add says 410hp, GT430 sport - 2021 reg, may be its a GT410 sport.

Says rear wing uprights matched to Ultra-Lightweight wheels -  in Silver or Matt Black,  are they not sure what wheels it has.

Looks a bit like the description is generic?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

Noobie first post here :) I'm idly considering an Evora after liking them for quite a while, and now being in the lucky position to be able to afford one.. I've been scouring the Pistonheads adverts and spotted this:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13962108

Black Evora 400 manual, just under 50K miles for £42,975

I'm pretty sure it was listed a few weeks ago as a private sale on PH for around the same price, snapped up by a dealer and then put back on for £47K ish and the price has dropped away since.

It's a bit of an outlier as it's the cheapest 400 by a long shot (about £10K less than the nearest lower mileage approved used one), but it's not going to be approved used and come with all that entails (Warranty etc), and an extra 30K miles wear and tear - but £10K is a pretty big saving to put aside for anything that needs doing...

Is it a car that's known on here? Unfortunately it's about 200 miles away so not really an easy trip to go and look at it in person..

Thanks!

Welcome to TLF! 

I'm about 10 miles away if you wanted someone to take a peek at it? That is cheap which will be due to the mileage which has always been an oddity about the Evora, they wear their miles very well mechanically in the main. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Thanks - that's much appreciated.. I'll probably drop a mail to the dealers and ask for the details on it as they say that they can provide the service history, from what I remember of the private ad it had a lot more details in it, but of course that's gone now...

All of the reading that I've done on them suggests that they do weather the miles well, but pretty much every one I've seen for sale is very low mileage (I think it's actually the highest miles for sale on PH at the moment) - I guess the clutch may be a minor concern if it's not been done at that mileage, but are there any other things to watch out for (eg. does the supercharger require a service with special unicorn blood at x thousand miles?)

Servicing is very well priced on the Evora and if it does need a clutch, you can kinda justify the spend as it's £10k under market due to the mileage and a clutch should a/ keep on going for a while longer all being well and b/ is only a couple of thousand nowadays which isn't that bad on a car which was £72k new. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hi Paul

Thanks - looks like it's a private group and I'm not on Facebook.. Any chance of a summary?

Seller replied with details of the past servicing, but it looks like it is due it's 50K mile service. I've asked for details of things like tyre tread depths as with the cost of a Lotus Dealer service to keep the FLSH and potentially those the 'cheapness' starts getting eaten away...

Thanks..

The car appears to be in Wolverhampton not Maidstone, which is a bit closer for me, but something fishy is going on here...

Service history:

3 Former Keepers

07/10/16 - 1270 Miles - Lotus Silverstone Ltd
08/06/17 - 8206 Miles - Lotus Main Dealers, Norfolk
08/06/18 - 15788 Miles - Lotus Main Dealers, Norfolk
08/05/19 - 25244 Miles- Lotus Silverstone Ltd
21/05/20 - 27312 Miles - Lotus Silverstone Ltd - * belt change/ gear box oil and pollen filter*
26/04/21 - 29959 Miles - Lotus Silverstone Ltd

04/11/22 - 40576 Miles - Lotus Silverstone Ltd

The tyres are Michelin Pilot Super Sports all round.

Fronts are circa 4mm – Rear circa 6mm

Car is listed as having been serviced last month at Silverstone, but appears to have gained 9200 miles in a month, and it's been at that deaker for at least a week now.. Either that, or somebody mis-typed somewhere, and it's still due it's 50K service... 

*edit* So it looks like the last date of the service was typo'd - it was last year, and it's being serviced next week at Lotus. 

Edited by randomusername

20 minutes ago, randomusername said:

.The car appears to be in Wolverhampton  

That ties in with the sat-nav display photo in the ad........

Dave.

Not sure if this has been posted but Charlie Douglas is selling his lovely 2019 GT410 in yellow. Located in Cambridge.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LotusEvora/permalink/2433103443532876/

3 hours ago, randomusername said:

Hi,

Noobie first post here :) I'm idly considering an Evora after liking them for quite a while, and now being in the lucky position to be able to afford one.. I've been scouring the Pistonheads adverts and spotted this:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13962108

Black Evora 400 manual, just under 50K miles for £42,975

I'm pretty sure it was listed a few weeks ago as a private sale on PH for around the same price, snapped up by a dealer and then put back on for £47K ish and the price has dropped away since.

It's a bit of an outlier as it's the cheapest 400 by a long shot (about £10K less than the nearest lower mileage approved used one), but it's not going to be approved used and come with all that entails (Warranty etc), and an extra 30K miles wear and tear - but £10K is a pretty big saving to put aside for anything that needs doing...

Is it a car that's known on here? Unfortunately it's about 200 miles away so not really an easy trip to go and look at it in person..

Thanks!

i was the second owner of this one from 20-30k miles.

I bought it from lotus silverstone and they sold it on for me 2 yrs ago. its had 2 owners since, both have done circa 10k p/a each. Car was prefectly fine when i had it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

construction and property consultants : My company

Anyone spotted this one?

https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/1121-2009-lotus-evora-4-35-v6/?lot=57163

Doh....sorry

Chipp spotted it last week.....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

32 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Is there another link? I'm not on this Faeces book nonsense

I’ve msg Charlie. Should be along shortly

That’s  funny you're on the Scottish boarders as I bought my 400 from a chap in Dunbar. 

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Is there another link? I'm not on this Faeces book nonsense

Hiya! I'm selling the yellow GT410. Its also on Pistonheads here: https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14321701 which I think @Dave Edsalso posted :) Thanks for the prompt @LotusFella

Open to offers / discussion! 

• Like 2