Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 267 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome @570S - Not a car I remember but it looks epic! Not much can go wrong on the Evora, let alone at sub-7k miles so looks to be a great buy IMO! 

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Cheers.  I'm not rushing to buy anything immediately but I'd like to test drive one. Have a 570s mclaren at the mo and previous was in a 981 GT4 which I enjoyed immensely. Dual function car ideal, something you can tour in plus take on trackdays.

• Gold FFM

You are right that has been up for sale for a long time, I considered going to have a look at it but I was obsessed with getting one in Military Grey. It looks epic go and buy it 

• Like 1

Welcome. Catalytic converter can go on little used Evora or did on my Sport 410. The warranty I had covered the cost so I'd read the warranty closely. 

If you buy from a Lotus main dealer, you'll get a 1 year as new warranty. 

Evora very reliable but any car of that age can have issues, especially if it has lived outside for a sustained time.

Steering probably better on the McLaren but Evora not far off. Given a choice, I'd pick Evora over McLaren as an overall ownership experience. The power rush on McLaren is addictive but in reality you can't use it much. I'm not sure I'd track a McLaren regularly, I'd fear the costs. 

Justin 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I’ve been looking at GT410 Sports for a while and that does look a good one. Amazing how well Evora prices hold up, especially considering Emira’s are not far off that now, also McLarens are in the same ball park. One of the appeals of the Lotus is how reasonable they are to run and service.

Yea the GT4 was cheap to run really. The mclaren is in another league of cost/performance to be fair. 

The various you tube reviews all rate the 410 Sport / GT highly. Was there a different model as a 410, I'm not too sure as yet as to that?

36 minutes ago, 570S said:

The various you tube reviews all rate the 410 Sport / GT highly. Was there a different model as a 410, I'm not too sure as yet as to that?

There are three overall 410 variants.

After the Evora 400 came the Sport 410 (although the stickers on it say "410 Sport") which was a more hardcore version of the 400 with around 70kg of weight saving (carbon fiber tailgate, roof, no rear seats etc), firmer suspension and a slightly lower ride height among other things.

The GT410 Sport like the red one that you are looking at came later and borrowed some of the styling updates that were found with the GT430 such as a new front and rear bumper design with better airflow, as well as the carbon fiber tailgate and roof like those found on the Sport 410.

While the Sport 410 was only a 2+0 seating configuration car as far as I'm aware, the GT410 Sport could also be specified with 2+2 seating. Additionally the GT410 Sport could be specified with touring suspension (akin to the 400?) or a firmer sport suspension. 

Finally the GT410 (non Sport) came to the UK market with a more GT focus in mind which as far as I know also has a touring suspension setup and all of the creature comfort options as standard, as well as the glass tailgate from the 400, but with the same front and rear bumpers found on the GT410 Sport.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mellow Yellow said:

Sub £40k 400:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403097402147

I love those option ten spoke alloys.

I (assumed) these were just a rare standard alloy that not many picked. I like the design, but they're cast, rather than forged, and are quite a bit heavier than the typical 400 wheels you see.

Edited by MattyB

On 08/03/2024 at 19:31, TrevS said:

Certainly doesn't look like it's going to end well on the price front. Absolute bargain at anything in the 20's. Auto might put some off but equally some really want an auto so they don't divide as much as I'd assume. 

It never meets it's reserve so the sale doesn't go through. It's strange how it's not advertised on any classifieds?

Almost £31k with fees, though - so probably about right price wise (considering it's an IPS with 50k on it, and an overdue service)

Privately you may get £32k with a service completed. As an auction price for a Lotus on a platform proven to be rubbish for selling Lotus, that's a fair result for the vendor. 

Collecting Cars is for folk too lazy to advertise their cars privately. Or those needing to be out quickly. Barring the occasional freak result, prices are soft on CC.

Justin 

• Like 1

£29k does sound more reasonable. CC still makes no sense to me! Sellers don't get great prices many of the times, CC make a whole chunk of change for doing not a lot. When I was selling my 4C they made a few attempts to contact me but I just didn't bother - not heard very good things about their pressure tactics.

It's also interesting to note that many of the bidders/buyers have got "Have bought multiple times from us" ticks.

Does CC stop the tyre kickers and time wasters? That'd be one potential advantage over selling privately, at least where I am. Advertise a car for 75k AUD and you are guaranteed to get 50% “I have 20k cash right now” and another 25% “is this still available” followed by no reply ever again. Dealing with bozos is a pain, especially on a performance car.

I've never had an issue selling privately. Yes, the occasional wasted viewing but very rare. And more than compensated by (a) a better financial return (b) meeting many lovely people especially selling a Lotus.

Pure laziness to not sell privately. Or need cash quick. 

Justin