Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 62 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

On 24/02/2018 at 08:39, CocoPops said:

my maths is saying, if I achieve £59, I can pocket £20 and buy an Elise 220 at £38/39. This would allow me a very nice car to remain part of the community, keep the track activities and add a large chunk of cash to our savings pot just in case things turn for the worse with Alex’s brain tumour.

@CocoPops sorry to hear about Alex's Brain Tumour. One of my best mates is a Neurosurgeon at the John Radcliffe in Oxford. He's told me about some really incredible stories over the years, amazing what they can do. Wishing Alex a speedy recovery🤞🏼.

Back to cars.. I see on the other thread your car is sold?! Car Shopping time:)

For what it's worth I think you have a perfect strategy. The Elise 220 is the sweet spot of the entire Lotus range if you ask me (unless you need the rear seats).

Its quick, well built (no irritating snags), brilliant on track (drive it to 100% without fear of breaking it or it spitting you off) and is the lowest depreciating car in the U.K. I think it's also EVO's "Sports Car" of choice.

Once it's warmed up the slickness kicks in. I struggle to think of a more engaging experience without adding a huge amount of money at which point you loose the fun because it becomes too expensive and serious. I really enjoy not having to worry about my Elise, they're bloody brilliant.

My only advice coming out of an Evora 400 would be to go for a low mileage car so it looks and feels new, that way you won't miss the Evora. Your budget of about £38/39 should get you a minter.

Enjoy the hunt, looking forward to seeing the photos!

Good Luck,

Brij 

IMG_2458.JPG

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Funny you should mention JR, that’s where she’s had/having her treatment.

Theyve been truly fantastic, only held back by process and red tape.

Yep, ideally a 17.5 220, of which there are a few ex demo at £38/39 or maybe stretch to a new 220 at £44/45. Some of the pricing seems all over the shop.

My 400 isn’t sold yet, but assuming the stars align, and @Gashead1105 gets his Exige sold by Aimee, then we have a plan. This is why my 400 hasn’t gone to SoR yet, as it would get me the same price (after commission fees) if it did but would push it out of range for Wayne. So we’re sitting tight until his Exige sells and then we can all proceed.

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Certainly is, not my car tho.

mines at 7,500miles not 19k

Central need to improve their adverts tho, there are 6 UK Essex Blue and mine was last to be built of those. 3 manual and 3 auto. (Taken from my Certificate of Provenance).

F775A090-55F6-4DE8-9063-B589077188E7.jpeg

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

I do think that is a cheap (undervalued) car tho.

I was told by three dealers they would retail mine at £63 and certainly the black auto Hethel is at Silverstone for £63

• 2 weeks later...

For the mods: I have no ‘interest’ in this car any more.

My old car is no up for grabs at a dealership in Lancs:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/evora-v6-4-coupe-3-5-manual-petrol/8439275

Looks good, but they’ve missed a few details, like its a Kenwood stereo, the Ali bargeboards, the 2ubular 3rd cat delete.

it was due a service in a couple of k-miles, and given the previous full Lotus history, that’d be where I’d look first. Clutch was good when I had it, but mileage / age / nervousness means it may happen soon.

But hey, there are the fun elements!

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

That didn't last long Rick. What have you gone for now?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

11 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Barry - if you ever get off that fence to buy an Evora then trust me, my Scarlett is the one for you.  The deal has been done and she is gone (almost, i am delivering her next week).

My next car, and I can hardly believe I am saying this, has four silver circles and it looks like I pick her up next Friday, all being well!

Likewise, my replacement vehicle has four silver circles.IMG_20180324_151952.thumb.jpg.029e0279b6f83337075a403dd5d186b3.jpg

But as you can see from lower right, its had some 'assistance'.

I needed to free some funds for some building work. Absolutely nothing against the Evora. I'll be back in a Lotus one day, that was my second one after all.

So I'm now tootling around in an early 2010 S3 with a Revo Stage 1 + intake and a chunk of ££ in my pocket. Low mileage Aberdeen car (I.e. pristine service history and low wear).

Sorry @Barrykearley

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

I am gutted for you mate...

But obviously what you needed to do that was 'right' for you to do! So that IS positive ok!

I am just stepping into Evora ownership! An Ardent Red N/A lie yours after years of Elise/Exige's... this is a new one for me! On the face of it, I am very excited and hopeful!...

Enjoy! YOLO!  

I don't know how they do it but Aimee and the chaps @SilverSolverstone Lotus certainly know hot to shift Evora's...:lol:

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

She upsold me from a used 410 Sport in yellow to a brand spanker - they are wizards....!

• Haha 2

The small print.

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:52, C8RKH said:

I don't know how they do it but Aimee and the chaps @SilverSolverstone Lotus certainly know hot to shift Evora's...:lol:

Yes, I dread calling Aimee, when I picked up my current car she told me her aim was to get me into a 410 next. 

She is very good at her job!

• 4 weeks later...

What a heart warming article !

ibknow these cars will be subject to depreciation it’s always about the rate? 

So if the rate is as the article suggest like a feather then in another ten years I hope to have got to 79k so hopefully my car still worth close to the level of today ? 

Maybe I would have traded to a 410 by then ? Then probably I will have keep it as I would not be parted from my NA ?

On 10/01/2018 at 20:05, pete said:

If an na is what you want don't drive an s

You can drive an S to experience the inferior ride and handling!    (I may have got rid of my NA  but the S1 NA was still my first Lotus love!). I bought it and ran it for 3 years and px'd it in for within £500 of what I paid for it. 

For all those that go on about Porsche residuals I doubt a cockster, gayman or a 911 (GT/RC cars apart) would have got anywhere near that in terms of value.

The small print.

the fact that the new models are priced substantial higher than before and there exists no longer an "entry" NA will help holding the value also. In Continental europe I got the Impression that the S1 is significant less available than 2 years ago. Prices seem to raise a Little bit but within some categories it will be hard to find a lot (or any...) examples, for example: Manual 2012 - 2015 (no matter if S or NA ) could be rarely found.  

There exists a probability that in the future there will always be potential buyers looking out ? A newer generation , the buyer from the mainland Europe who always wanted a Lotus and perhaps more significantly the fact that petrol cars will be not in general production unless a huge environmental tax is placed could result in prices remaining fairly static ? 

Mall in all my car I would like to pass it onto children prob my oldest who will appreciate the car ? 

• Gold FFM

i think whats interesting when you see what prices are still being charged for high performance s2 elises,  and being sold 

different cars aside the s1 evora na represents alot of car /lotus for similar money... 

the S  obviously a few additional £K  with higher running costs, tyres, tax, mpg etc still is allot of bang for buck.... real world performance  is not that much differen tover the n.a and lets be honest there both very very fast , in some sense too much so for  our roads..  so with the na being less it could just be the sweetspot for poeple looking to get into an evora..

either way both are super value when compared to other as cr8kh refers too..

im not sure depreciation on a na evora is really relevant anymore they have been about the same price for last 3 years or so .. sure higher milage cars will always be a few k less.

in fact there probably a little more now than they were 4 four years ago...  i cant see them rising much if at all, maybee  due to other more expensive lotus coming nearer to s1 evoras..

think 350 exige,  at some point the jump for s1 to s2 400 will become less distanced...

keeping it in  tip top condition / and well serviced / maintenance is the new depreciation 

when i was looking  2 years or so back. mate was looking too , sadly he purchased an a250 amg thing. for 34k.  now worth about 22k  he got bored after 4 months, and then when i found an evora 6 months later  he was already out of love with his Merc..  sadly hes lost too much money to contemplate a switch..

he could have daily driven an evora N/a (which he now admits) its more comfy, its more fun, cost less to run - significantly so, is quicker, is cheaper to service, cheaper to insure. and gets a fanatstic response from joey public...

and has lost bugger value in comparison... :)

what not to love..

• Like 1

I've got an itch for an Evora. Keep coming back to this one.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/16-66-lotus-evora-3-5-v6-410-sport-auto--cruise-control-air-conditioning------------2016/8403921

Does anyone know the car or have any thoughts on the asking price? It doesn't seem over the top for a nice 410. I've not seen the car in the flesh, but it does look tidy. Any experience of this dealer?

Thanks

Simon