Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 100 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Black does not allow the black pack to do its job of making the Evora look more slim and sleek.

Black/dark cars and non black pack cars (especially to the younger generation) look alot less super car and therefore more difficult to sell.

Edited by Registered

Nice clean MOT history for the last few years too, bar the usual ARB minor. New clutch to boot. Advert is terrible and "withdrawn from sale to repair some paint work" may warrant a few questions...but still...could be a bargain.

Morning all 

I have been reading the Evora threads with interest for a while, excellent source of positive Lotus chat!  I have been looking at the 400 currently at Leven Lotus, do any of you know the car or have any comments on what should be looked at specifically on this car?

Cheers

Iain 

Looks like it has been sitting unsold since April or so and before that it was maybe at Silverstone Lotus.  Looks fantastic and sorely tempted though wonder why it has been for sale for so long at two dealers?

Interior is really nice place to be.

Was interested in this but did not manage to finalise a deal. There is a deal to be done if anyone is truly interested.

Ad ended but car was still available this morning.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Evora-S-GTE-fast-show-car-R8-911-GTR-porsche-McLaren-/123901310519?hash=item1cd917f637%3Ag%3AEg0AAOSwrm5ddVYm&nma=true&si=0Penb0jGpXFIDjLoUxPkJ1xCoi4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 

M.

Evora.jpg

Evora2.jpg

I went to look at this one but didn’t bother driving it... it looks a bit tired and unloved. I don’t think the dealer had put much effort into it at all. Still - very cheap for an S

• Sad 1

Is the extra cost of a 400 worth it over an S if you have never owned an evora?  Or really driven either?

Perspnal choice really. I prefer the S1 looks and the interior and a late car would be my choice over any 400/410. On the other hand the latest gt 410/430 is a real looker imo. I could even live with the interior 🙂

Drive the S and the 400 and see if it feels different enough to justify the extra cost. There is a difference in feel on the road. The S1 is a softer ride over the 400. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

Is the extra cost of a 400 worth it over an S if you have never owned an evora?  Or really driven either?

Yes. For me anyway. Faster, lighter, the more aggressive looks and the best bit for me are the bigger brakes, for driving characteristics the 400 is a jump up from the S.

Agree with @C8RKH and @jep I had my NA for 4 years and the 400 for 3 now. Done similar miles in each. Did look at an S between the 2.

For me, if you are just road driving I'd recommend the N/A, or if you want Auto the 400. The N/A is more than fast enough for the roads, but if you want to step up then miss the S altogether and go for the 400.

To me, and this is just my personal opinion, the "S" is the most expensive to run by virtue of tax, fuel (N/A and 400 are very similar consumption) and Tyres (My 400 rears had 6mm tread left at 20K) and these costs just didn't seem worth it to me for a relatively modest increase in performance.

This isn't to say I have a downer on the "S", just for me the N/A or the 4XX would be my choice.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.