Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 110 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

There was a definite step change in quality with MY12 Evora.

I recall having a 2013 NA SR as a loan car while my MY10 was in for a service and the difference was very noticeable!

With hindsight, I think a post MY12 NA SR is the perfect road going sports car.

18 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Would be a lovely car as a keeper. Likely very reliable too as should be well sorted by now. This would do fine!

Lotus Evora - For Serious Drivers - Box Autos

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

22 hours ago, jep said:

Definitely a MY12 car a early one it’s as the door sill plates that only the first cars came with this feature was soon dropped don’t no why, steering wheel design never change apart form quality of the leather from 10 to 12 apart from sports racers came with black design instead of the aluminium which carried on with none SR cars.

D89E3C07-19A4-46E4-B560-E1FD892437CF.jpeg

28 minutes ago, pete said:

Has this one been discussed previously? Black seats but oyster trim band, I did not think the factory did such a spec. I thought the trim band always matched the seats in early Evora.

It has the original gear-knob, which is my book is a major plus point.

Justin

image.png.aaa94438f98075ac792899eb52c08a94.png

I don't recall ever seeing this trim option on any Evora...…..has anyone seen this? The picture is from the Lotus Evora Extras brochure circa 2010.

I have a roll of cocobolo leather, so may need to add these 'flashes' to mine.

Justin

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Definitely a MY12 car a early one it’s as the door sill plates that only the first cars came with this feature was soon dropped don’t no why, steering wheel design never change apart form quality of the leather from 10 to 12 apart from sports racers came with black design instead of the aluminium which carried on with none SR cars.

D89E3C07-19A4-46E4-B560-E1FD892437CF.jpeg

Ooooh. I have a brand new set of those sill plates somewhere. Was going to put them onto my NA and never got around to it.  Got some of the last sets from Lotus. They are shiny shiny nice...

Not so keen on the chequerboard mats but I tell you what, Lotus really did nail the S1 interior. Just lovely and a cup holder in each door pocket to boot!

This was my S1 interior - still, and yes I am very biased, one of the nicest out there!

C8RKH interior 1.jpg

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

If by black design you are referring to the metal trim alternative to the ali finish then it actually pre-dates the SR but is a MY12 feature. Don't know the period for the fancy door sill plates but mine has them (Sept 12 delivery). At the time the dealer (Murray) said it was the first they had seen with them fitted.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neal H said:

Can someone enlighten me as to the additional features of the Sport Racer - apart from some black detailing?

“You can’t have too many bikes"

9 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Can someone enlighten me as to the additional features of the Sport Racer - apart from some black detailing?

Basically a full spec car with the entire options list for less than it would cost to option yourself. The biggest giveaway externally is the full black pack and rear badges, and internally it is the alcantara trim pieces to the dash, doors and centre console.

3 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Comes with Sport, Tech and Premium packs and was available at a special price for a fully specced car.

Ha, you know my next question. Sport, Tech and Premium packs?

Obviously collections of options, but is there a handy document that lists everything they include?

Seloc techwiki is all you need to google. In  a nutshell

Sport - cross drilled brake discs and twin sports exhaust and on the earliest cars a CR gearbox

Tech - reversing camera, garage opener, satnav stereo, cruise control

Premium - lovely trimmed racaro seats with piping/leather carbon weave, armrest, alcantara to dash and doors, accent lighting

The small print.

2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

the door sill plates that only the first cars came with this feature was soon dropped don’t no why,

ISTR that lots of owners were scuffing them getting in & out of their cars. This resulted in lots of warranty claims so the plates were removed or changed (I can’t remember which). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Obviously collections of options, but is there a handy document that lists everything they include?

This forum also has a really useful search function... ;)

3 minutes ago, eUKenGB said:

Know anywhere I can download that? 

You can download it from the issuu link. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure that Googoo will find it easily enough. 

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Seloc techwiki is all you need to google. In  a nutshell

Sport - cross drilled brake discs and twin sports exhaust and on the earliest cars a CR gearbox

Tech - reversing camera, garage opener, satnav stereo, cruise control

Premium - lovely trimmed racaro seats with piping/leather carbon weave, armrest, alcantara to dash and doors, accent lighting

Sports exhaust the blue tipped one was a option never came standard on any model.

35 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Sports exhaust the blue tipped one was a option never came standard on any model.

It was a part of the sports pack - i.e. titanium blue tipped sports exhaust tailpipe. Full option pack details below 

Pack            
Sport Pack
Switchable Sports mode featuring
Enhanced Throttle response and RPM limit
Sports traction control mode with increased yaw and slip thresholds
Sports diffuser
Titanium sports exhaust tailpipe
Cross drilled brake disks
Black painted brake callipers
Engine Oil cooler

Premium Pack
Accent Lighting
Leather trimmed tailgate insert panel
Evora Logo on dash
Premium floor mats
Choice of Seat Leather Colour: Charcoal, Chestnut, Oyster or Paprika.
Leather door panelling below trim band
Leather trimmed door pockets
Leather footwell side panels
Leather trimmed armrest
Fully leather trimmed centre console

Tech Pack
Upgraded stereo system with:
Alpine Mobile Media Station
DVD±R/±RW/MP3/AAC/WMA/DivX Playback
2x50W High Power Amp (6" 1/4 coaxial 2-way speakers & dash mounted tweaters)
Alpine Lightweight amplifier with lightweight 150watt subwoofer
7" WVGA Touch Screen display
Alpine BlackBird Portable Satellite Navigation
Bluetooth mobile phone connection
USB connection for various iPod models and selected other MP3 player and memory sticks
iPod connection and docking cradle in glovebox
Full speed AUX input
Quick search
Cruise Control, included in steering wheel
Rear parking sensors
Tyre pressure monitoring system
1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

ISTR that lots of owners were scuffing them getting in & out of their cars. This resulted in lots of warranty claims so the plates were removed or changed (I can’t remember which). 

How can "scuffing" your sill plate be a warranty issue - just take more care getting in and out. You wouldn't treat a "kerbed" wheel as a warranty item.

• Like 1

The small print.

4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

It was a part of the sports pack - i.e. titanium blue tipped sports exhaust tailpipe. Full option pack details below 

Pack            
Sport Pack
Switchable Sports mode featuring
Enhanced Throttle response and RPM limit
Sports traction control mode with increased yaw and slip thresholds
Sports diffuser
Titanium sports exhaust tailpipe
Cross drilled brake disks
Black painted brake callipers
Engine Oil cooler

Premium Pack
Accent Lighting
Leather trimmed tailgate insert panel
Evora Logo on dash
Premium floor mats
Choice of Seat Leather Colour: Charcoal, Chestnut, Oyster or Paprika.
Leather door panelling below trim band
Leather trimmed door pockets
Leather footwell side panels
Leather trimmed armrest
Fully leather trimmed centre console

Tech Pack
Upgraded stereo system with:
Alpine Mobile Media Station
DVD±R/±RW/MP3/AAC/WMA/DivX Playback
2x50W High Power Amp (6" 1/4 coaxial 2-way speakers & dash mounted tweaters)
Alpine Lightweight amplifier with lightweight 150watt subwoofer
7" WVGA Touch Screen display
Alpine BlackBird Portable Satellite Navigation
Bluetooth mobile phone connection
USB connection for various iPod models and selected other MP3 player and memory sticks
iPod connection and docking cradle in glovebox
Full speed AUX input
Quick search
Cruise Control, included in steering wheel
Rear parking sensors
Tyre pressure monitoring system

How can "scuffing" your sill plate be a warranty issue - just take more care getting in and out. You wouldn't treat a "kerbed" wheel as a warranty item.

I stand corrected 👍

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Ooooh. I have a brand new set of those sill plates somewhere. Was going to put them onto my NA and never got around to it.  Got some of the last sets from Lotus. They are shiny shiny nice...

Not so keen on the chequerboard mats but I tell you what, Lotus really did nail the S1 interior. Just lovely and a cup holder in each door pocket to boot!

This was my S1 interior - still, and yes I am very biased, one of the nicest out there!

C8RKH interior 1.jpg

Nice, but no cigar.

post-6472-0-61164300-1426507360.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

...You can download it from the issuu link...

Nope, not for me anyway. Just says that publication has not been made available for download.

Anyway, no worries as I found it elsewhere and was able to download it.

Edited by eUKenGB