Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 13 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 calls from dealers tonight wanting to buy stock. Clearly they have buyers wanting sub £30k Evora.

would rather they didn't profit out of me and the next buyer tho, would rather do a deal to get someone keen into a fantastic ownership experience.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

The killer on £30k plus cars is that most new owners are also looking for finance of some sort. How do you get around that if not a dealer?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Meh. Even the "12 month" used dealer warranties are pish. I bought one with one and it covered naff all really. Waste of money to be honest. 

Now if Lotus offered a factory backed warranty, then that would be a different proposition.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

My recent problem with the GTE which required a replacement clutch master cylinder was covered by the dealers warranty. The GTE was only covered by Lotus Motorsport Warranty for 6 months which expired before i bought the car.

The whole process of making a claim was made easier with Craig Moncrieff's help as he handled the whole claim process for me.

• Like 2

Hi Lee,

Who were the dealers who contacted you, can you PM with their details? I might be interested in selling my car to them. I don't know if I can be bothered with tyre kickers and people coming to my house. I would imagine they are approx. £4K under what being advertised?

Regards,

David Walters

Correct. £4K under. And they even sai they would advertise for £1-2k more. They are wanting £5-6k margin!! On a car that needs nothing.

will send a PM with their details.

Lee

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

I could guess who one of them may be - I am sure I saw a car for sale advertised privately that then went up for sale at a dealer.  Won't say too much as I don't have the reg to prove it, but the colour/spec was pretty rare and two of them being for sale in such a short space of time aroused suspicion.

@superdavelotus - If you are selling your car (see from your details it white) PM me details as white is one of my preferred colours.  I should be in a position to buy an Evora in mid June.  I can't promise but would be interested to see some details.

I have sold two cars now privately this year and agree about the thought of people coming around but in both cases the first person to turn up purchased/is purchasing the car.

• Like 1

Mine is reduced to £29,000 for bank holiday weekend.

now the lowest priced Evora on PH.

Grab a bargain in time for the summer to properly begin.

I can do that ;)

buy my life size Evora, I'll give you a model one too :lol:

• Like 2

Thanks Bibs!! :lol:

Nope.

Confused! What's wrong with the advert?

Nothing wrong with the advert, but this is still a lot more money than most people spend on a car and these cars are under-appreciated.

There will be somebody out there who really wants this bargain and can raise the cash, but a shame that there are probably many more people looking for something with a Porsche badge not knowing they're missing out.

Go get a black pack wrap equivalent and it will sell quicker. 

I think in general,  when it comes to the Evora most will be looking for an S given its relative lardy weight. 

Edited by Evo400

Take it to Castle Combe tomorrow for the annual Club Lotus day  - loads of potential buyers and a good day out.

I'm there, and could put a for sale on mine for you to save the trip :)

• Like 1