Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 143 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

That looks bloody lovely and as the guys say I feel there is a deal to be had there. The only stumbling block you may have is if they have had it that long they would have payed a fair bit for it most probably, so there will be a limit to what they can knock off it.

To help you show them this, it’s a screen shot of the 400 that sold last week for £41k

6C8538BE-31DD-43AF-9C54-4361361537DE.png

• Like 1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202101158020595

Was 49k with a dealer who could not sell it. Sold on Collecting Cars for 38k plus 6% late Jan 2021. Then on for 47k - same dealer has raised price to 53k.

I assume dealer views the end of Evora production as an immediate boost. 

Justin 

It likely Autotrader has told him to alter the price. If a few similar cars have sold their algorithm and software will tell the dealer if the car is too cheap, fair or overpriced. 

With the sort of cars we have being in limited supply its likely prices will fluctuate and they’ll price check and adjust weekly.

I doubt they’re reacting to the news and pre-emoting a price hike boom.  

The dealer's will try and dictate the price. If your looking to buy a Evora and they are all around £50k then you haven't really got much of a choice but to pay near the asking price. 

2016 Grey Lotus Evora 3.5 V6 400 2dr 2 + 2 for sale for £46990 in Chichester, West Sussex (autotrader.co.uk)

It is back at £47K. Not sure what happened but the price changed to £53K for a short while. As it was unsold for months if not a year with another dealer at £49K, I am not convinced it will sell quickly at £47K - I will be intrigued to watch what happens.

Justin

• Like 1

@scotty435 £33K, blue with oyster? 25,000 miles? Lovely looking car but price seemed optimistic at the time. There are very few pre-400 around, especially low mileage so I am not totally surprised - and less around than when you did your p/ex. Central Lotus followed the maxim of 'find another' and it has proved correct, as often it is. With cars like your old NA, low miles, good history, there is usually that one buyer if you are prepared to wait. It took me 12 months to sell my manual Porsche 928 (1980) but I knew it was rare, great spec and I would find the right chap. Ironically, he flipped it almost immediately! Brighter than me, obvs.

Justin

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rafphillips said:

That is a beauty for that price.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

The Evora does seem to be getting some love at the moment

It's typical. Now that Lotus is killing it off everyone is lamenting how good it is as it cannot now take sales from new Porsche cars and therefore hit the journo's in the pocket. Sorry, I'm too cynical at times I know.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

That is a beauty for that price.

I think Stevie Wonder owned it before the current owner .... needed some parking lessons as the rear wheels are Kerbed to feck.

Looks like it’s this one 

All being well am going to take a look next sat 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this has been up for sale a number of times since July I think.. a few from this forum have looked at it including myself who nearly bought it, but in the end decided I needed my first Evora to come with a warranty...

1 minute ago, AdeMorton said:

this has been up for sale a number of times since July I think.. a few from this forum have looked at it including myself who nearly bought it, but in the end decided I needed my first Evora to come with a warranty...

and there's nothing wrong with black 😀