Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 175 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, EGTE said:

What's an Evora GTS?

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

41 minutes ago, EGTE said:

What's an Evora GTS?

A track focused Evora based on the GTN race car iirc. Only 3 built and that green one looks fantastic.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Very few policies cover you third party on another car. It used to be so but not any more

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

With regard to 3rd party cover for vehicles you do not own: I have it and have always had it, my friend who is a similar age also has it. My sons don't have it so I'm wondering if it is an age related thing.

An important thing to bear in mind about this is that if you crash into something, then what you crash into will be covered but the car you are driving is not covered! The owner of the car you are driving will have to get recompense from you directly. For example, if I were to drive my friends Bugatti into his gate post my insurance would pay for his gate post but fixing the Bugatti would have to come out of my pocket. I've only got small pockets, so just as well none of my friends have a Bugatti.

When I was looking to buy an Evora I had test drives in about 8 cars (the market was different then), some private owned and some from dealers. Some were happy for me to drive on my "3rd party for vehicles you do not own" insurance, 2 others (including the one that I bought) wanted me to have full insurance. You cannot insure something you do not own so it was a case of adding me as a named driver on their insurance for the day. This cost me under £30 each time, which I was happy to do to ensure I was getting the car that I wanted. Of course I had to supply all my details. If I were to ever sell my Evora privately I would probably require people to be added to my insurance if they wanted a test drive, otherwise I would take them on a demonstration drive. This is the way to keep the seller and the buyer satisfied.

Like @Daveb99, when driving other peoples cars I always drive respectfully, as I hope we all do.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Cars are like chainsaws and women - never lend em out to someone else - they could come back f&*ked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

18 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

How so? Where has that been stated?

It's common bloody sense to make sure anyone driving your car, on the road is insured as driving without insurance is an offence. If you could not prove you were insured then end of debate on that particular point for sure.

I also, personally, find it offensive as if the unfortunate does happen (accidents are, well, err, accidents after all) then it usually involves an unsuspecting 3rd party who then goes through a world of pain as the other driver was uninsured.  So, offensive and not a socially responsible thing to do. I'm probably over sensitive to this as I had a family member who was hit by an uninsured driver so first hand knowledge of the pain (physically, emotionally and stressfully) that this can cause and how long it can take to get a fraction of what was due in the circumstances.

I think the two of you just need to move on and put the experience in the past. Maybe a socially distanced meet up for a cup of tea, a chocolate hob nob and a cuddle. Life is too short.

I agree about moving on.  My reply wasn’t intended to be “having a go” at Barry - I was insured against 3rd party risk (on my policy) which I explained, it’s just that Barry wasn’t happy for me to drive it unless fully comp - which nobody would have unless buying the car I guess.

I do get the risk to others and am sorry to hear about your family member. I think it’s probably the norm (from my experience, I’ve probably bought and sold over 25 cars privately in my time) to allow a short test drive once you’ve established the guy isn’t an idiot, but appreciate that everyone is different in this regard.

Barry - send me some eggs and I’ll send you some hobnobs - chocolate ones 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

You cannot insure something you do not own

I’ve found that it is quite straight forward to get temporary, fully comp insurance on other cars (for test drives etc). 

Here is one option: https://www.dayinsure.com Otherwise, Google provides many other choices. 

(Personally, I also wouldn’t let anyone test drive my car without printed proof of fully comp insurance. I state as much in the adverts). 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’ve found that it is quite straight forward to get temporary, fully comp insurance on other cars (for test drives etc). 

Here is one option: https://www.dayinsure.com Otherwise, Google provides many other choices. 

(Personally, I also wouldn’t let anyone test drive my car without printed proof of fully comp insurance. I state as much in the adverts). 

I have used them for the odd day to take a car down for MOT, but this has been for a car I have owned, but they do say on their website that you can cover for test drives etc for someone else's car .

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bling said:

You do know there are many insurers that can provide temporary insurance for an hour, a day or longer. Take a look here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=temporary+car+insurance

Yes, in my case, with Barry's car I really wasn’t sure about the colour so didn’t want to pay for temporary insurance without seeing it etc.  In the end I did the right thing because, for me at least, it was almost a warm/gold grey which is why I decided against it anyway in the end (the following day).   Undoubtedly it was well priced though and as we know, @windymiller is enjoying it 👍🏻 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Yes, in my case, with Barry's car I really wasn’t sure about the colour so didn’t want to pay for temporary insurance without seeing it etc.  In the end I did the right thing because, for me at least, it was almost a warm/gold grey which is why I decided against it anyway in the end (the following day).   Undoubtedly it was well priced though and as we know, @windymiller is enjoying it 👍🏻 

You could have bough the insurance on your phone while there. It only takes 5 minutes. Sounds like you didn't like it anyway so lucky Barry sold it instead of wasting his time

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

26 minutes ago, Bling said:

You could have bough the insurance on your phone while there. It only takes 5 minutes. Sounds like you didn't like it anyway so lucky Barry sold it instead of wasting his time

Choosing not to buy a car after doing lots of research, asking lots of questions and seeing it does not make someone a time waster - it simply means it wasn’t the one - in my case it didn’t feel right for a few reasons, all personal.   It was a good car.

14 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Choosing not to buy a car after doing lots of research, asking lots of questions and seeing it does not make someone a time waster - it simply means it wasn’t the one - in my case it didn’t feel right for a few reasons, all personal.   It was a good car.

I agree with you. You need to see a car to make up your mind. If the car wasn't for you, that is fair enough but I thought the issue was not being able to test drive and then going away only to find the car was sold after you had seen it but not bought it at the time.

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

I'm watching the market now

image.jpeg.9561ab193a978b5f871318a48cd50852.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi, all,

New to Lotus. At present run a pair of BMW’’s, an i8 and i3 but with a background in Alfa’s.  Always wanted a Lotus and did test drive a 2014 Evora S and a 2016 Evora 400 4 years ago.  Loved both but the 400 was a step change. 
I will be keeping the BMW’s but want something different to go with the i8, so I’m looking for an Evora GT410 or GT410 Sport in a bright colour, red, orange, yellow, blue etc.. or that lovely dark green.  I have up to £65k cash waiting for a car below 10,000 miles.  Appreciate what is available is out of this range, but thought it worth asking if anyone wants to sell rather than trade. 

Edited by Lotus-Alfa

Damn, my Fire Red Evora 410 Sport has done 10.150 miles now. So that's me out. Phew!

• Haha 1

The small print.

8 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

He is also after a newer GT410. So no need to worry yourself. 😂

Obviously not a fan of ALL the carbon then lol....

The small print.