Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 184 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

10 hours ago, au-yt said:

Just an interesting observation, of the possibly 150- 200 EVORA's of all models in Australia, there is only 1 for sale..

I think there’s not even that many. By my math, there were max 110-120 sold new… and then there could be write offs or some taken overseas.

We were allocated something like 40 Launch Editions, but seems like only 20-25 actually sold… I wonder what happened to the others? Just went back into UK allocation?

• Like 1

You may well be correct, talking to Richard a SSC he wasn't sure but more than 100, none the less there have been about 4 or 5 on car sales and other sites now only one

• Like 1

13 hours ago, au-yt said:

Just an interesting observation, of the possibly 150- 200 EVORA's of all models in Australia, there is only 1 for sale..

Interesting that there are so few for sale in Australia; my Mrs is an Aussie and pretty persistent in making us move there to be closer to her family.  If we did this I would consider taking my Evora with me but always thought it would be very difficult to sell over there if I ever wanted to, it's a 2010 car in great condition but done almost 128,000 miles (205,000 km) so I expect the limited market would be limited further by the fact it's an import and done so many miles. @au-yt It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this? - Would you recommend importing a high mileage Evora?   

If you want an Evora it might be a good idea to bring it with you! Choice here is sparse at best, plus you’d pay much more to buy here. Most recent sale was a 2010 with 120k km, missing premium pack but new clutch, advertised $78k (£42k at todays exchange rate) and sold within 2-3 weeks. And it was silver, as most of them seem to be.

So if your thought was to buy a different one here for circa £30k, you won’t find one…

If you were going to upgrade to a 400, there’s also bugger all here. 400 manuals - I’ve seen one for sale here in about two years.

Hi Gordon,

It isn't that hard, but get an agent. I assume you have owned the car for more than 12 months that means you can import it. There are taxes but no Luxury car tax  the biggest hurdle is shipping cost at this point in time. 

Resale can happen after 12 months or they will hit for more taxes. a lower mileage 2010 car will set you back about about $70K aud or $40K GBP

7 hours ago, Greido said:

Interesting that there are so few for sale in Australia; my Mrs is an Aussie and pretty persistent in making us move there to be closer to her family.  If we did this I would consider taking my Evora with me but always thought it would be very difficult to sell over there if I ever wanted to, it's a 2010 car in great condition but done almost 128,000 miles (205,000 km) so I expect the limited market would be limited further by the fact it's an import and done so many miles. @au-yt It would be interesting to hear your thoughts on this? - Would you recommend importing a high mileage Evora?   

90,000 Australian Dollar equals
48,496.68 Pound

21 hours ago, Greido said:

it's a 2010 car in great condition but done almost 128,000 miles (

You Sir, are a star. Congratulations on your achievement and I hope to see your post when you go through 200k!

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So not in stock for long, so must have been reasonably priced and a great colour.

• Gold FFM

It was previously sold by Jon Seal (he had it up for sale in April 2016) Originally sold by Bell & Colvill. Its registration is two letters away from my LE's original reg.

YouTube vid link from 5 years ago:

Screenshot_20211120-220457_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

27 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I'm just wondering who would spend that money on a series 1 when a 400 isn't much more?

Some prefer the series 1 looks, it was the "Original Evora"

.agewise it's one of the last series one, low mileage, fully loaded, desirable colour, lack of choice on the market. It ticked all boxes and interestingly the prices are going up for good examples

• Like 1

No, I wouldn't say so, it also depends how much was negotiated off the advertised price -  but may not be much off as it was sold quite quickly? 

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

So whoever bought it at that price isn't an idiot then?

Definitely not. The market has moved on, these cars are much more desirable than before. I've been following the market for 18 months now, prices have been going up even before the second hand inflation

The concept of a mid engine 2+2 ICE car, is the first and quite possibly the last (I know i8), and a rare one. So it's achieved a cult status and quite possibly a future classic. I am guessing the 400s will follow suit 

40 minutes ago, Ba55uma said:

The concept of a mid engine 2+2 ICE car, is the first and quite possibly the last (I know i8), and a rare one.

Not the first. Ferrari, Lamborghini and Maserati all produced mid engine 2+2 ICE cars long before Lotus. My Mondial T cabrio has much more room for passengers in the back than my Evora.

• Like 1

Are you local to Devon, it would be good to know another Evora/owner in the area.