Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 189 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

33 minutes ago, Celica said:

higher cost of running

My 430 is no more than the S - I had, it even seems to have a bit better mpg.

1 hour ago, marcfair said:

the white with blue interior  400

that's a 'new' 410 sport spec'd by Hendy and still not sold, will be needing an MOT in a while. The white is nice - but that blue!!!!! 

9 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

430 is no more than the S - I had, it even seems to have a bit better mpg.

Over a decent mileage, say 30000 over 4 years, surely a 430 must cost more? Tyres, brakes, fuel (if using 7000rpm the Toyota supercharged engine does drink a lot of fuel)... And if something does fail, I suspect 430 parts are pricier, though many will be the same of course.

Of course, you may save all this on less depreciation..but higher entry ticket. 

My point was that some buyers are only looking at S1. 

Justin

4 minutes ago, jep said:

And if something does fail, I suspect 430 parts are pricier, though many will be the same of course.

Certainly had more things done to my car than I would have on the S, but really surprised that the insurance was cheap. I tend to drive like I pay for the fuel.... oh, hang on I do.

Have bought a 2 year warranty for £1400, that would have been the same on the S. Would have not changed the tyres if it came with the 4S's

• Like 1

Sub-300bhp in sub-1300KG. or sub-200bhp in sub-1000KG.

450bhp in a 1600KG wagon (Porsche Targa for example) is just not exciting to me, however pleasant the interior.

How many folk have 500bhp Rangy/F-Pace/4x4 things that they never use the power.......if only folk and manufacturers would accept luxury with less BHP, the world would be a better place.

Lotus have proved you are unlikely to sell many sportscars without a headline large BHP figure. Even the Elise, so perfect with 118bhp and 720KG, had to give way to power hikes and weight gains (legislation in part but frankly the 134bhp S3 car did not sell well).

Justin

Like Top Trumps in the performance figures, even EV's are going that way as well.

• Gold FFM

EVs are in silly mode. 2.x 0-62 times... Why?

I know that everyone is terribly excited by the instant torque and snapping acceleration and that's nice and all, but after one or two launches it turns into a 'nice to know it's there' which is fine on a big cruiser but a bit boring on a sports car because you can never actually really use it.

I literally wanted a car that I could actually push on in on the public road without it getting into silly numbers, the NA does that perfectly. I've done "pick a number and flex your toe to that amount" type of car and whilst it can give you some satisfaction, most of the time you just drive around wishing you could find somewhere that you could actually wind it out, which is basically only a slip road.

Did not dare ask what it made, it seems that someone wanted an IPS, saw the pics of the grey one, and noticed the blue one behind. They are going to do some detailing on it  

• Gold FFM

Wow, that was very quick. Seems folks prefer to buy from a main dealer. It was on AT privately for a few weeks at £43k, unless it was a case of right person at right time. Be interesting to see if their grey one goes soon as that is strong money too. Positive they are selling though.

I think Emira  hype, reviews and sales will see an increase in demand for older Evora (those priced at Emira levels may struggle).

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Did not dare ask what it made, it seems that someone wanted an IPS, saw the pics of the grey one, and noticed the blue one behind. They are going to do some detailing on it  

Well, people like me with dodgy knee and who drive through standstill city traffic prefer an auto box over the manual. There is a market for the supercharged IPS and going by howmanyleft there are only 28 examples 

I can see the torquey nature of the S working great with an IPS. Nice combo for sure.

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

The blue IPS one has a deposit on now, went quickly... is a nice colour having seen it today,

Hopefully it turns up on here. Nice car.

• Like 1