Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 19 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

If you want to pay 35k for a 2012 s I think you be waiting a long time. Like I said previously, I think the 400 will settle 10k above the s sr so imagine the s sr will stay between 40 and 45. You also have to bare in mind there are not many sr cars about so that will impact prices. 

1 hour ago, RudeDog said:

There are currently eight 400's advertised on Pistonheads for less than £65k.  Theose were typically around £80k when spec'd as new and the oldest is about a year old.  Therefore the depreciation curve is definitely heading in the direction I indicated.

Really?

Isn't depreciation the difference between what has been paid for a car when new and what it is now worth. What has an inflated list price got to do with it? Find out what you would have to pay a dealer for a new 400 now (you might be surprised) and then do a recalculation.

10 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Really?

Isn't depreciation the difference between what has been paid for a car when new and what it is now worth. What has an inflated list price got to do with it? Find out what you would have to pay a dealer for a new 400 now (you might be surprised) and then do a recalculation.

Spot on. My 400 was scraping £80k list when I bought it, I paid £73k, and that was with me being one of the earlier buyers in 2015. Dealer I bought it from while I was talking to them recently said they would retail it as it stands now for £63k. A drop of £10k in about a year may seem a lot, and it is, but when you compare it to other cars in the same price bracket it's pretty damn good. I think buying a new 400 now, sub £70k purchase price is realistic, and what I suspect most new buyers are paying.

• Like 1

Remember with the Evora that supply is an issue especially 2012/13 cars as they were making so few at that time which means the prices of these are holding up well. It's almost like there are 4 categories:

Launch edition / pre facelift (reasonable supply)

2012/13 (very few)

Sports Racer (a few more)

1 hour ago, Evo400 said:

The 2014 white (with aftermarket exhaust etc) manual Evora S SR was available for £40k last week privately (and was on the market for months albeit at an initially higher price) .   Not sure if it sold privately or whether the seller simply traded it in for less.

I'd have snapped that up at £40k but the wife hated the Venom interior

43 minutes ago, RudeDog said:

I'd have snapped that up at £40k but the wife hated the Venom interior

Just asked my wife and she said she didn't like the red seats at first but does now. It really lifts the interior imo. As with anything it's down to personal taste. 

I'll tell you what's baffling me with 'new' Evora buying at the moment, the people who have been joining to complain about the cars which they seem to have bought without even test driving. While I sympathise with things going wrong, I've had my own issues, who lays out that amount of money on a 400 blind? It genuinely blows me away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Just asked my wife and she said she didn't like the red seats at first but does now. It really lifts the interior imo. As with anything it's down to personal taste. 

Is it your car?  I really like it but the other half will need proper convincing.  Maybe I should get her to see it...

14 minutes ago, RudeDog said:

Is it your car?  I really like it but the other half will need proper convincing.  Maybe I should get her to see it...

It is indeed my car. Happy for you to come and see it if it's closer than the one for sale. I am in Chelmsford. I have removed the rear seats. Honestly, it's not bright and in your face and offers a lovely colour contrast. 

• Like 2

@RudeDog come to Newlands corner on Sunday morning.

always plenty of cars to nose around and a decent bacon roll.

9am or there about, every 3rd Sunday of the month, so this coming Sunday.

• Like 2

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Hi all,

Been doing some maths using 3 cars which are currently on the market:

2015 Evora S Sports Racer - £48k

2013 Evora S Sports Racer - £42k (Actually up for 43k but unsold for a while so possibly overpriced)

2011 Evora S - £36k

So that's roughly a £6k drop in asking price every 2 years or £3k per year, obviously you then have to figure in the dealer margin when trading in/selling.

Also have to consider mileage, condition and manual or IPS. I think the colour of the silversrone one, dirty pics in the advert and fact it's an IPS all result in it hanging around. Ordinarily I would think it should sell easily for 43k.

My car now for sale at Murray Motor Company. Forgive the quoted specs...... It's considerably quicker than the standard Evora specs listed ?.... I think that will get updated by MMC in the next couple of days when it goes live on their site too. 

And before anybody says anything - yes - mileage and condition and age really do have an impact on price! ?

Very pretty car - great mileage - fantastic condition... Will make somebody awfully happy ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-s-sports-racer-komotek-----------2014/6213565

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RudeDog said:

I see that there is a 400 being advertised on PH by Williams in Bristol for £58k this morning.  They're creeping down.

:lol:

Its £69,990.... inc VAT.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Yeh, it's 2015 and from a non Lotus dealer... makes you wonder?

15 minutes ago, Foxy said:

For me, the dealers advert puts me off.  McLaren Look Like???  What's that about ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Yeh, it's 2015 and from a non Lotus dealer... makes you wonder?

It's under manufacturers warranty so makes no difference if it's from a dealer surely?

What price do you think it would sell at?