Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 21 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

58 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-400-3-5-v6-2-yellow-with-black-alcantara-trim/5164677

First Evora 400 under £60k? Admittedly it's the Snows demo 65 reg, so an early car which has had (imo) a hard life but interesting none the less.

Its been up for sale for ages but for some reason just hasn't shifted.  I am fairly certain they took it to Brooklands in May.

8 minutes ago, Nelly said:

Its been up for sale for ages but for some reason just hasn't shifted.  I am fairly certain they took it to Brooklands in May.

Pretty sure that's the one that was there last year when I bought mine. If it's the same one there were some quality issues. My mate sat in it and the handle was pulling away from the fixings and there were some other things he spotted. Easily rectified though. 

It was a launch car that snows had from day one and registered in Feb 2016 as one of the last 65 reg's.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• 2 weeks later...

So according to the playground, the black 400 at Individual Cars was sold through auction at £48k and has PROTOTYPE on the V5 and has NO warranty with Lotus. So you are buying a car with no factory backup.

On 10/24/2016 at 15:25, bosshog said:

Hi all,

I'm in the market for an early Evora S around low/mid 30's if anyone knows anyone selling one.

cheers

I took you round Snetterton didn't I? In my old NA?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

12 hours ago, CocoPops said:

So according to the playground, the black 400 at Individual Cars was sold through auction at £48k and has PROTOTYPE on the V5 and has NO warranty with Lotus. So you are buying a car with no factory backup.

I took you round Snetterton didn't I? In my old NA?

Yes you did!

12 hours ago, CocoPops said:

FWIW, the the playground poster said that he wasn't sure what the car sold for. The estimate was £48k.

• 2 weeks later...

An 'S' (in a bright colour) has finally come onto the market:

However, any prospective buyer should be aware of a few things: this is NOT a MY13 car, it is a MY11 car. Therefore, it is grossly overpriced @ £44k. It's actual value is probably closer to £35k. 

(I also think that this is the same car which sat, unsold, in a Sussex dealer for months. Primarily for the same reasons: overpriced and misrepresented. Oh, and it's a 2+0).

It's definitely the same car that sat for over a year and was the subject of many discussions on here. When it was for sale last, it had covered 3,500 miles so at least it's seen some action over the summer.

Yes, £44k looks a bit steep,  but perhaps £35k is a bit on the low side for a very low mileage car? These cars are extremely rare - especially in light colour, and the year of the car probably matters less than the condition.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Are you aware of the differences between an MY13 and an MY11 car?

Yes, absolutely, but many cars have the later gear cables and the niggles/build issues sorted. I've heard from many that there's a significant difference in quality between the early MY11 cars and the later ones just prior to the official MY12 version, but once the car is a couple of years old how it has been treated and looked after might well be more significant.

Others will disagree. Some will only consider post MY12 cars, but there are plenty here who will say they're likely to miss some gems.

When cars are this rare they're all worth considering, and I think some get too hung up on the latest model improvements when actually some of the launch cars had odd bits that were better and just dropped for cost saving such as the aluminium interior door handles.

4 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

An 'S' (in a bright colour) has finally come onto the market:

However, any prospective buyer should be aware of a few things: this is NOT a MY13 car, it is a MY11 car. Therefore, it is grossly overpriced @ £44k. It's actual value is probably closer to £35k. 

(I also think that this is the same car which sat, unsold, in a Sussex dealer for months. Primarily for the same reasons: overpriced and misrepresented. Oh, and it's a 2+0).

The last time this car was for sale it was priced at £39,950 earlier this year 

I think we all agree that 44k is likely far too much, but my comment was just that maybe 35k for a very low mileage car would be a bit low - especially when they're this rare. 

4 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

The last time this car was for sale it was priced at £39,950 earlier this year 

I, for one, am very happy to see this inflation in the value of our cars!

3 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

I think we all agree that 44k is likely far too much, but my comment was just that maybe 35k for a very low mileage car would be a bit low - especially when they're this rare. 

It's got tec pack but missing premium pack, so missing lots of leather in the car, the premium pack is well worth having makes a big difference for the feel of quality 

41 minutes ago, Danelaw said:

I, for one, am very happy to see this inflation in the value of our cars!

Hi John

me to love to to see them going for even more, like to think used prices show how good the lotus brand is, was just trying to help a fellow member on here with the information he needs to no, think it's our duty as fans of great cars

The 3 owners might worry me - but expect at least one was a dealer? I really do think that given how rare the used Evoras are, anybody looking for one will have to compromise on something. I felt the reversing camera was important to me on this type of car, but it can be retro-fitted if you find a car without one and its important to you. Similarly you can add more leather, but even cars without the premium pack have leather seats, dash and door trim. On a +0 all of the seats are leather!

Good to know what's missing so you can talk the price down from the premium windscreen number, but even the most basic Evora is still a very nice car. 

Just out of interest, and to perhaps give potential buyers an idea, what do others think the packs (premium, tech & sport if not an S) are worth on the cars when sold second-hand? How much extra would you pay for the packs?