Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 214 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM

Yes, the owner of the blue modified 400 has been posting on one of the Facebook Evora owners groups. Apparently they previously owned an Aston.

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Yeah in about 50 years.

Buying a Lotus is about the driving. Buying with any thought of investment is marketing hype or just plain stupidity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

Yeah in about 50 years.

Buying a Lotus is about the driving. Buying with any thought of investment is marketing hype or just plain stupidity.

Not trying to plug Evora values in any way and yes being a owner of a 2020 car one would think I should and yes i have a deposit on a Emira and yes it could be a gamble moving from probably the best mainstay lotus to this dates and time will tell. As for a investment sorry i do not get your argument. There are some not so good Fords and Lancia’s to name a few demanding big money and they are not 50 years old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I bought mine to drive. Nothing else. Was just responding to the previous poster.

There are a lot of people on here who seem to "worry" - a lot - about residuals, resale etc. Personally, couldn't give a shit about it. BUT, I DO THINK prices will hold as cars increasingly become sanitised and controlling of the driver. Future generations will not have the same "passion" for cars as we do today, as they will be autonomous lumps of shit. but for those who remember the freedom, fun, and enjoyment of being in control, well, we'll not be too ready to let that go.

Can't take it with you, so good call.. 👍

• Like 1

Dave.

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I bought mine to drive. Nothing else. Was just responding to the previous poster.

There are a lot of people on here who seem to "worry" - a lot - about residuals, resale etc. Personally, couldn't give a shit about it.

I never look at cars as investments although some of them have gone up significantly in value, but I do look at cars that give me what I want balanced out by cost of ownership. I’m not going to buy an M4 that will lose half its value over the next 2 years.

• Gold FFM

I’m hoping someone’s going to buy one in yellow with some nice yellow callipers - then carefully drive it very limited miles but only on a dry Sunday morning. After 4 years or so they need to sell it for a lot lot less than they paid for it as the government has introduced some massive levy in the city they live in and the car can’t be driven without paying the new green tax.

ill be all over that 💪😎

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

5 hours ago, Wake said:

I never look at cars as investments although some of them have gone up significantly in value, but I do look at cars that give me what I want balanced out by cost of ownership. I’m not going to buy an M4 that will lose half its value over the next 2 years.

But I would buy a 2 year old M4 for that reason 😂

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/07/2022 at 11:13, Barrykearley said:

Now sat here @C8RKH hoping they depreciate more than a 1980s Alfa 

Have you seen the price of 1980s Alfas. :whistle:

That said, I have a sneeky suspicion that by the time the 4 pot Emiras are on the second hand market/in stock cars my Giulia will have tanked value wise......

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

37 minutes ago, paranoidandroid said:

This must be pretty rare? Lovely colour too.

Looks like Canyon Red to me. Strong money too, not far off a 400 for a very late and low mileage S1. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Lovely car but £50k. Wow.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!