Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 33 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

7 minutes ago, internets said:

Anyway as Barry says only 2 seats so its bound to be slower than a mighty +2 but then what would I know as I own an iPhone and an Audi ;) 

Hence the need to add the EV430.

Does look really nice though...

23 minutes ago, internets said:

Its not Silverstone, its a private sale but they are using a picture from when it was for sale at Silverstone. But has got the komotec EV430 upgrade....

Anyway as Barry says only 2 seats so its bound to be slower than a mighty +2 but then what would I know as I own an iPhone and an Audi ;) 

"you know nowt @internets".  Winters coming....

Looks like a really nice car and a very good price.  As others have said, it seems that a private sale is not the way to go with these cars.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 2/13/2016 at 16:12, CocoPops said:

West over car.... (Reg AU65BXG is listed on their own website)

Car is up for sale again at westover (again) £58,989

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

It's remarkable how the values of decently specced earlier cars have steadfastly refused to drop any further since reaching 30K four or so years ago. In fact if I now wanted to buy the same car/condition/mileage that I bought in 2013 when it was 4 years old, I'm pretty sure I would have to pay at least a couple of grand more to secure it today.

If things stay that way then nice S models will never ever drop even to that level.

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It's remarkable how the values of decently specced earlier cars have steadfastly refused to drop any further since reaching 30K four or so years ago. In fact if I now wanted to buy the same car/condition/mileage that I bought in 2013 when it was 4 years old, I'm pretty sure I would have to pay at least a couple of grand more to secure it today.

If things stay that way then nice S models will never ever drop even to that level.

I've been watching for a couple of months and it looks like the 2009-11 market is pretty much £30k for a solid car with about 30,000 miles +/- 10p a mile, something like £1500 premium for authorised dealer, and very little variation for spec. Everyone claims a full service history and excellent condition so doesn't seem to affect the asking price. The ones that are hanging around are often priced a little higher and I guess aren't prepared to do a deal. 

It looks like you can add £5k to that for S models up to about 2012/13 but the maths is otherwise similar; I think there's maybe a further £1-2k premium for IPS but don't have enough data to be sure. My best guess is that is indeed the bottom of the S market for the foreseeable. 

The interesting question is where SR and early 400s will end up and if that will ever push the older cars lower. It doesn't look likely given the last few years' stability; I guess I'd bet on SRs sitting a tiny bit above well maintained Ss, maybe bottoming out at £37-38k.

I think the hardest call is the impact of the 400 long term: if they do come as low as £40k you feel that would have to push down early NAs a bit. I don't want to believe that the NA I hope to buy soon will depreciate so I guess that commits me to the belief that 400s will stay above £45k!

Given a base spec 1.6 elise is now £31k new and the second-hand prices for all elises are holding up well too, the v6 Evora at anywhere under £30k is a bargain.

It appears that quite a few Elises are going abroad due to the weak pound, and I think that is pushing UK second-hand prices up. That's maybe not happening as much with the Evora as it is less well known.

@Stuno1 oh I really hope you're right about that - doesn't really matter to me but will make my expensive purchase seem a bit more sensible!

@PZE I'm not sure why and SR would sit any higher than an equivalent S. The SR was a lower cost fully-loaded model, but with a limited range of colours so a fully specced S of the same vintage would have been a more expensive car and there were some. I know some of you love the black roof but it wasn't for me for a couple of reasons, so although I could see the logic in buying the SR it wasn't the way I went.

Makes sense fella. Personally I like the black pack and knowing the car is fully specced and ticks every box is good to know. Personally in love the suede tex as well. Could the non sr be specced with suede tex?

I'm really happy that Lotus did the SR as I like to see more variety and looks, but it wasn't for me and the suede-tex wasn't either so I didn't even ask because I think things just look that bit more sexy in leather!

1 hour ago, Danelaw said:

@Stuno1 oh I really hope you're right about that - doesn't really matter to me but will make my expensive purchase seem a bit more sensible!

@PZE I'm not sure why and SR would sit any higher than an equivalent S. The SR was a lower cost fully-loaded model, but with a limited range of colours so a fully specced S of the same vintage would have been a more expensive car and there were some. I know some of you love the black roof but it wasn't for me for a couple of reasons, so although I could see the logic in buying the SR it wasn't the way I went.

My totally unscientific view is that an SR is a known quantity, guaranteed to be a certain age and spec - in other words non-expert buyers know what they are getting so it feels like that would drive a small price premium. Maybe. Unless it doesn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuno1 said:

Makes sense fella. Personally I like the black pack and knowing the car is fully specced and ticks every box is good to know. Personally in love the suede tex as well. Could the non sr be specced with suede tex?

Yes. It was called Sport Premium interior. It was one of the many std. Options the SR had.

I updated my NA to the same trin including new seats, but used Alcantara over suedetex as Allon White who did the work confirmed it was the superior choice ;)

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi folks.  Long time lurker but maybe becoming an owner.  Wealth of knowledge and advice on here so I thought I'd pick some brains.  

Does anyone know much about this Laser Blue LE for sale in NI?  TIA :)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201606134864744?search-target=usedcars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=EVORA&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LOTUS&sort=price-asc&postcode=bt14gb&page=1&advert-type=featured-listing&dealer-id=11875

Vehicle make LOTUS

Vehicle model EVORA 4 V6

Date first used 13 October 2009

Fuel type Petrol

Colour Blue

MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date 5 September 2014
  • Expiry date 4 September 2015
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 19,250 miles
  • MOT test number 8795 7824 4259
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
    Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
  • Test date 5 September 2014
  • Test Result Fail
  • Odometer reading 19,250 miles
  • MOT test number 3583 6874 4284
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Front Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)
    Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (3.5.1i)

Launch edition.......Last UK mot 16 months ago........

I think the MoT guys were a bit keen.......

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 2 weeks later...

That was my thought too. Feels like the "specialness" might get you up to say £32,500 for someone who really likes it, but as far as I could tell it's effectively a commission rather than an official edition which suggests there's no real inherent value versus respraying any LE in the same colour. (Which I suppose might have the side effect of devaluing this one slightly).

15 hours ago, JAWS said:

From memory that's not much less than what Silverstone had it up/sold it for 5-6years ago. Cheap motoring. :D

Apparently it's been owned by the same person since Lotus sold it - it's lived on Jersey so no MOT record. 

Advertised at £45k in early 2011 so £1,700 depreciation each year - not bad going.