Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 50 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

A year old Evora 400  at low to mid 60's is a bargain in my eyes.  2 years warranty left and does it look that out of place with cars worth 3 - 6 times more ?

IMG_1592.thumb.JPG.5abc47332731ea25422f61f38c7a0cf6.JPG

Comments from owners of these other cars included 

" sounds immense, what exhaust is on it " ,..multiple times...shocked to hear it's standard

"surprised how fast that car is" from a Ferrari 458 driver finding a Lotus up his chuff ;) 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I am off to see a used 400 in metallic orange tomorrow... I have never seen that colour in the flesh, and from the photos I am not a huge fan. Looks great next to a lambo though!

7 minutes ago, nigelh said:

Yep - went in for a service, and took the used black 400 out for a test drive.  My will power failed spectacularly :D

Looking forward to a ride in that around Ledenon :thumbsup:

Mines due in for service next week, wonder what I'll come away with ;)

• Like 1

I wouldn't, the colour change from Yellow to Black is enough to put me off.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

And by way of options it looks light; no Premium Pack, no Tech Pack and I can't tell about the Sports Pack.

I'd also want to know about the 'rebuild' vs 'light damage'. Is it CAT registered?

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

I does have Sport Pack I think.  Discs and calipers suggest so.

Colour change isn't putting me off.  But I think it would be a big big issue with others if I wanted to sell on in the future.

I think it's too expensive all things considered? £22k closer to the mark?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Just popped up on AutoTrader....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707107237457?make=LOTUS%26model=EVORA%26utm_source=Email_a_Friend%26utm_medium=Email%26utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_car

In my humble opinion, a nice colour combination. Open to suggestion about the spec / price.

Dr Rick

2009 Evora NA in Quartz Silver, black interior, Tech Pack, Sport Pack, 2Bular 3rd cat bypass, Kenwood head unit, black anodised ali bargeboards, GRP Halo rear lights

looks nice to me......

and at the right price........altho Id still be wanting to try to get £1k off........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

At 31.5k I'd be running with my wallet open. That's a stunning car. Just do it quick or it will be gone.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Beggars and choosers comes to mind.  One of the nicest early Evora's to have come up in a while, great colour combo and looks in superb condition in the middle of summer, the key time for buying. Seems like a fair price to me to be honest for what looks like a great car. I really do not think it will hang around for long.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Even has 4 seats....nice family car

That's it. Defo NOT buying you a beer, cider or Baileys at this years TLF xmas party.

No. No. You're dead to me. Go rest with the chickens...

• Like 1

The small print.

Ah go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,

:)

Dr Rick

And you can just "cluck" off too!        :scared:

chicken shoot.jpg

PS: Rick, my Evora is in CMC's in Edinburgh for a service, picking it up Friday afternoon if you still need a drive in an NA.

• Like 1

The small print.

37 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

And you can just "cluck" off too!        :scared:

chicken shoot.jpg

PS: Rick, my Evora is in CMC's in Edinburgh for a service, picking it up Friday afternoon if you still need a drive in an NA.

@C8RKH, thanks for the offer, but I'm sorted...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/garage/vehicle/1205-lotus-evora/

(and less than £30k / 29k miles) B-)

Dr Rick

Ok. Nice looking car that. Your thoughts on the NA? I still love mine and how it smoothly delivers the power and builds speed on the move very quickly.  I had a rare motorway blast on Tuesday. 60 miles at speed limit ish on cruise control. No road noise at all, just wind noise, and that was with the CR box. Bloody good cars these and it still feels tight and smells like new. Still in love.

The small print.

My typical commute is east to west, so the long box brings me 30mpg+ which is a darn sight better than the ISF. However, I seem to be finding myself heading for the back roads to taste the handling prowess. Much more dynamic and much more fun than the ISF.

Now the door catch is fixed (again), I can get on with some updates. And, more importantly, enjoy the driving experience.

• Like 1

Dr Rick

Lol - hence my comment re rare motorway trip - i always seem to be on the back roads and never find the NA wanting - glad you are enjoying Rick.  I know more power is available in the S and 400 but on the road, not sure how much more, if any, I really need.

As for MPG - it's a bit like enjoying a fine meal and a nice bottle of wine and worrying about the bill. Who cares when you're having this much fun. Petrol is on average £1.12 a gallon versus a previous recent high of £1.55. So happy days....  Isle of Man in a week with the firm intention of using at least two tanks of fuel a day if i can :)

The small print.