Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 78 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

the sill seems to be a post 2012 spec.

maybe is a car between the two specs (It happened, I found in Italy one with old steering wheel, old sills and new seats, stereo, etc), very basic with the front seats optional.

Steering wheel, metal trim pieces, door pulls etc all point to post MY12. Simply looks like it is a "poverty spec" car. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, LazyDonkey said:

I thought you could get an s with 18/19...albeit not many were specced. 

No. I believe the 19/20 was the standard fitment for the S from introduction as they were wider at the rear too. You could "upgrade" to the forged wheels which were 18/19 though to add lightness :)

4 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Steering wheel, metal trim pieces, door pulls etc all point to post MY12. Simply looks like it is a "poverty spec" car. 

Metal trim was standard prior to the MY 12 refresh when it went to a nasty blackish painted plastic thingy. I'd hardly call polished aluminium poverty spec to be honest and in my eyes it was much nicer than the cheaper post MY12 dash and HVAC panel.

As I said that is a pre-MY12 manufactured car that for some reason was not registered until 2014. However, as I also said, the dealer is not advertising it as anything other than what it is so not sure what the issue is here other than a forum member incorrectly thinking it was an SR car.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Metal trim was standard prior to the MY 12 refresh when it went to a nasty blackish painted plastic thingy. I'd hardly call polished aluminium poverty spec to be honest and in my eyes it was much nicer than the cheaper post MY12 dash and HVAC panel.

The trim is the MY12 black stuff that you dislike, not the Pre MY12 Aluminium. Reference to poverty spec is simply that there are Zero options on it. No Tech Pack, No premium Pack, which means it was base model.

• Like 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

The trim is the MY12 black stuff that you dislike, not the Pre MY12 Aluminium. Reference to poverty spec is simply that there are Zero options on it. No Tech Pack, No premium Pack, which means it was base model.

Lotus Evora Sad Edition

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Lotus Evora Sad Edition

No such thing. Even missing Sport pack they are each a thing of fun and beauty. :thumbup:

For the record, I prefer the black post MY12 trim pieces, but personal taste means that others prefer the aluminium. Pays yer money, makes yer choice.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

No. I believe the 19/20 was the standard fitment for the S from introduction as they were wider at the rear too. You could "upgrade" to the forged wheels which were 18/19 though to add lightness :)

As I said that is a pre-MY12 manufactured car that for some reason was not registered until 2014. However, as I also said, the dealer is not advertising it as anything other than what it is so not sure what the issue is here other than a forum member incorrectly thinking it was an SR car.

In which case, a previous owner has flogged those allows at some point, as I've got 18/19, don't think they are the forged options - but not sure how I would know actually!

Agree the dealer isn't misquoting it, it looks like a nice example, however, given its lower spec, I do think its overpriced though, but a good few thousand in my opinion - something in the region of 38-40k seems fairer to me

EDIT: This WIKI page from S E L O C suggests I'm running the stealth grey cast alloys

https://wiki.the playground.org/a/Wheels_and_tyres_-_Evora#Evora.2FEvora_S

Happy at any rate - I didn't want the larger alloys, keeps the tyre costs down 😀

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I did not say it was a SR, what I did say after looking at the pictures and advert I realised it was not a SR.

I'm on a roll today...... :)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That is an interesting car. It has a few more MY12 bits such as the new style sill covers with the dark 'union flag' inlays. Although there were a few MY 11 cars registered late this doesn't look like one. It does look like a very basic MY12/13 maybe a special order. 

27 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

That is an interesting car. It has a few more MY12 bits such as the new style sill covers with the dark 'union flag' inlays. Although there were a few MY 11 cars registered late this doesn't look like one. It does look like a very basic MY12/13 maybe a special order. 

Or made from rhe bits they had in stock.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

👨🍳

Ta-da! :lol:

That looks like anything but a chef! 

Anyway @tim_marra I was thinking more Subway cheese and steak melt on footlong italian with extra chipotle sauce. :) However, we better get back to topic or we'll be modded off to a "fast food" thread haha....

I think it is about £7k over priced and should be nearer £35k. Registered in 2014 yes, but not a MY12+ car. Nothing wrong with the spec really (£300 for cruise fitted - it has the reversing camera, DD headunit etc) and Bob's your uncle. it's a nice looking car to be honest. But £42k+ is too rich in my very humblest of opinions, that would get you in a MY14 SR S car and that would be sublime.

• Like 1

The small print.

22 hours ago, scotty435 said:

This 2014 Evora must be a one off or one of very few, was looking at the advert thinking that a great price for a sports racer with that mileage then looking at the pictures realised it’s not a sport racer because it’s as the bog standard interior, never seen that in a late series one before.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/2014-lotus-evora-122-v6-s-2-2/9365372

I have no idea what all the confusion is but that is a MY13+ Evora S without Premium or Tech Pack that someone has added the black roof, an aftermarket gearknob and Headunit to. It has 19"/20" wheels which it would have either left the factory with or painted later on when the black roof was added. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JAWS said:

I have no idea what all the confusion is but that is a MY13+ Evora S without Premium or Tech Pack that someone has added the black roof, an aftermarket gearknob and Headunit to. It has 19"/20" wheels which it would have either left the factory with or painted later on when the black roof was added. 

Thanks for clearing that up, like I said there could have not many cars to come out the factory at that time with such a standard spec, what with the SR being offered with all the packs at a discounted price.

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I think it is about £7k over priced and should be nearer £35k. Registered in 2014 yes, but not a MY12+ car. Nothing wrong with the spec really (£300 for cruise fitted - it has the reversing camera, DD headunit etc) and Bob's your uncle. it's a nice looking car to be honest. But £42k+ is too rich in my very humblest of opinions, that would get you in a MY14 SR S car and that would be sublime.

I'm not sure it is hugely overpriced for the miles and age. Yes it is a bit lacking in the internal spec department but the exterior looks good. You will not find a 2014 SR S for £42k unless it has a significantly higher mileage than that car or is a private sale. It is definitely a MY12+ car not one of the 2011 cars registered late.

There were so few built at that time there are few to compare unlike the 2009/10 cars or the 400's. 

• Like 1

I think for the £42k the vast majority will want the premium interior. Don't get me wrong, my first Evora was a 2010 NA with sports pack (no tech pack or premium pack) and I loved it.  I added the reversing camera, sat nav and cruise and it had all I ever needed at that point for not a lot of extra cash. I loved that car to bits and still miss it.

I did then add in the Premium Sport interior but that was just because I'm a chav at heart :)

The small print.