Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 99 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Whoop whoop! :animier:

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Update as promised on blue Komotec Evora 400...

Said it was immobiliser that was the issue which has now been sorted but now say that the ECU upgrade has been nullified so need to take it back to Lotus Silverstone as they did the upgrade!!!? News to me as thought Dave at Hangar111 did it. Now it is "off the market" until sorted. Wonder what the true reason is!!?

2 hours ago, Silverback said:

Indeed it has ☺️

Nice one, nice colour ... enjoy it 😃

M.

7 minutes ago, MadMick said:

Said it was immobiliser that was the issue which has now been sorted but now say that the ECU upgrade has been nullified so need to take it back to Lotus Silverstone as they did the upgrade!!!? News to me as thought Dave at Hangar111 did it. Now it is "off the market" until sorted. Wonder what the true reason is!!?

M.

As a serial upgrader with aftermarket stuff and a history of adding s/c and smaller pulleys with ecu cracks or replacements I can say that running a modified car is a hobby. If you just want something reliable to drive on the road, stick with OEM.

Nothing against Komotec or any other tuner, but you need to return to the tuning company whenever there is a problem and be prepared to be a bit of a test bed for their products as new things are discovered or developed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadMick said:

M.

So they probably re-flashed the ECU software by mistake or through ignorance and the custom KT map will have been lost. I do believe that KT supply the map on a "dongle" which if they do, the previous owner should have kept and handed over with the car.

As @Bruss says you need to be prepared - however the issue may be that "independents" really do know nothing about these cars (including even the basic spec. information) and that may be your issue.  I'm sure if it was still at Christopher Neils/Oakmere then it would all be tickety boo as they say.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@Bruss @C8RKH  ..... seems I always do things the hard way. perhaps I should resort to my pushbike ☹️ . Have always liked Lotus and had all the early models from 7 < Esprit. and would like to bring back those driving memories. Time will tell where/what I end up with.

M.

3 hours ago, MadMick said:

@Bruss @C8RKH  ..... seems I always do things the hard way. perhaps I should resort to my pushbike ☹️ . Have always liked Lotus and had all the early models from 7 < Esprit. and would like to bring back those driving memories. Time will tell where/what I end up with.

M.

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/171290-£8000-lotus-sport-110-sale-ebay

The small print.

14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Think I may have trouble cornering (no steering) and also very uncomfortable (no seat) although acceleration could well be good.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣  😆

• Like 1

Is there any particular reason why starlight black Evora S cars seem to be significantly cheaper than any other at the moment.  Is this just coincidence?  

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

I spoke to Will about that car and yes sold almost immediately.  He keeps a database of potential buyers so I suspect he had a buyer before he even advertised it...

• Like 1

i like black but never owned one..  every time ive gone to view one, its just too easy to see all the general wear and tear, scratches etc.. plus they never seemed cleaned properly...  

there is at least two previous cars (not lotus mind) that i was set to buy, only they poorly presented which put me off.. 

i think if detailed and presented properly i would have had them..   

Popped into Paul Mattys re some bits for my Elan and noted how good the Evora looks in black, they have for sale. 

That said I do like orange ;)

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

The red sr komotec car is still up for sale. I don't know the car but if I was looking It's got a great spec and a good price.

If that is the Scottish KT430 then that was Saj's car and he spent lavishly on its upkeep.

The small print.

my favourite evora  version  of all time,  the  black gp edition..   would give my left and right nut to own one.. 

black gold stripes and red calipers just superb 

https://www.motor1.com/news/141649/lotus-evora-sport-410-gp/

• Like 1

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/2016-lotus-evora-400-ips-blue-andamp-orange-edition-summer-sale--save-2000/9831558

Sub £55k ips  400 if you can live with the gulf colours although you maybe able to remove the stripes. This one has dropped a good few thousand over the last few months. 

Edited by marcfair

On 11/09/2019 at 18:25, andyj007 said:

i like black but never owned one..  every time ive gone to view one, its just too easy to see all the general wear and tear, scratches etc.. plus they never seemed cleaned properly...  

there is at least two previous cars (not lotus mind) that i was set to buy, only they poorly presented which put me off.. 

i think if detailed and presented properly i would have had them..   

I had a Subaru WRX in black years ago and said never again, however I picked up my Exige in black...I had it detailed and only had it washed by the same detailing guy...probably cost me £600 initially and then £50 thereafter every month or two but it looked amazing!

Would have looked even better had I sealed my garage when we first moved in rather than the dust magnet place it is now!

The Evora I am getting is a dark colour again (Audi Merlin Purple) so will probably need the same care and attention as the Exige did.

Each to their own, but just sad to see dark colours with poor paintwork from bad washes, swirls etc...