Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is it the end - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is it the end

Dan E

• Gold FFM

So now Islington are banning all petrol, diesel, motorbikes  and also hybrids from theirs streets ( ok only nine streets during rush hour)  is this the beginning of the end? I spend my life driving around London and I didn’t know anything about it until yesterday. £130 fine Btw 

• Gold FFM

Ambulances and Fire Engines as well.

I must be missing something.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

8 hours ago, Advantage said:

They aren't banning anything. They are levying a financial charge.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone 

That's exactly what it is, and clear proof it has little to do with the environment. As long as you pay up, it doesn't matter if you pollute. 😒

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Escape said:

That's exactly what it is, and clear proof it has little to do with the environment. As long as you pay up, it doesn't matter if you pollute. 😒

No I am afraid it is not, this is a ban on everything apart from the very latest hybrids, full electric and hydrogen ( it does include banning most Prius’s and all motorbikes unless electric  btw) this is not a levy unless you call £130 a levy 

Most vehicles including cars and vans will need to meet new, tighter exhaust emission standards (ULEZ standards) or pay a daily charge to travel within the area of the ULEZ.

That makes it a levy in my book, and a hefty one at that. It's the same in Antwerp and Brussels for older cars. My Esprit will be banned from next year on, unless I pay €1200/year.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Sorry mate, but this is not a levy it is a ban as per this link. You get fined not a congestion charge 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/londons-first-ultralow-emissions-streets-everything-you-need-to-know-as-petrol-and-diesel-cars-are-a3923856.html

I think the wording on TFL is more accurate, but either way the discussion is theoretical. Much like a rose, a tax by any other name will still hurt. 😉

Filip

• Like 1

I hope all the car drivers get together and boycott local businesses until its reversed. If it hits the council in the pocket then they will relook at it. It's the only way and I know the businesses aren't to blame but how else can you make the council see sense? How about standing for councillor as a "pro-transport" independant.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

In winter time In Italy, from many years, in the city center you can  use only euro 3 petrol and euro4 diesel during the day. In bigger cities like Milan or Rome and Turin etc. only euro 5 and there are some streets where you have to pay but anyway the euro 0, 1,2 and 3 can not run all the year.

There are no tariffs, you can not travel with old vehicles, you can only run during the night or at the weekend in small cities.However the owners of old cars pay the  tax, and can not use it in some cities. Absurd ,I pay € 900 tax per year on the esprit and I can only use it on the weekend.

obviously those who lose are always those who do not have the money to change the car often🙁

Edited by RS blu

Here's a map

If those are the signs being shown, I "think" they might not conform to the regulations - see http://tsrgd.co.uk/pdf/tsrgd/tsrgd2016.pdf - page 71 for the prohibition sign, and 77 onwards for the  "Except" wording - ULEV doesn't appear in the permitted wording :)

shoreditch-2.jpg

shoreditch.jpg

Pleased I live near Old Street in Islington about 5 mins from this stupid ULEV area...not!

Where I am below street signs up everywhere. Good luck if you can understand it. I'll help, in their infinite wisdom Islington have decided no yellow line parking 24 hours a day Mon - Sunday except for 6 hours midnight to 6am Sun/Mon night/morn. Lucky us!

You have to pay all times and use meters etc. nearly 24/7 No wonder I pay for underground parking spaces nearby!

IMG_2228.jpg