Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Valet - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Valet

ramjet

• Gold FFM

Just thought I would ask a question. I have never been anywhere posh enough, but I am wondering if anyone has and if they are happy to pass their keys over to the valet parking guy if you ever have?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never been in that situation either, but I wouldn't feel comfortable. Think I'd ask to park myself.

In Belgium we need to handover the keys to have a 'technician' take the car through our MOT (to check brakes, dampers, etc). Always makes me cringe, they're not used to a RHD, have trouble getting in the Esprit, rev the engine, crunch the gears... I always offer to do it myself, but strictly speaking that's not allowed and usually they don't let me. 🙁

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Likewise - never been in the situation - but wouldn't be comfortable. My brother used to work close to a car storage facility at a well known airport - I can remember him telling  me that you frequently saw them racing the cars around their car park.

I remember handing the keys to my 911 Turbo to a guy at Southampton docks before boarding a cruise ship, he must have been 70.  I watched him drive the 100m to the car park.  I doubt he got over 10mph...I think he was terrified 😆

I've done it a couple of times. I know you hear the occasional horror story but I do think it is an exception especially at reasonably upmarket hotels. They will treat the car with respect.

Would not do it for airport parking.

• Gold FFM

The hotel I stay in when up at Head Office has little parking, so I've learnt to let them park for me.  

The outcome of this is that they always park my car in "My" spot.  If there's another car already there they will move it for me so that the Evora is always looked after 👍20171030_224608.thumb.jpg.1ab28d494bd491ad4b314c83c66a40f9.jpg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

BL (before Lotus) As an ordinary couple of petrolheads from a ordinary background, Sharon and I saved our pennies hard, we embarked on a European road trip taking in the Spanish F1 gp followed by a week in the south of France, the finale being the Monaco Classic and one night at the Port Palace hotel (I can assure you one night is all we could afford). 

The hotel staff could see we were just living the dream, but made us feel like royalty, even though our ride was a BMW it was my pride and joy, I took some persuading to part with the keys, but valet parking was as it said on the tin, and the rather dusty 2000 mile roadtriped BMW was returned the following evening shining like a new pin.

FB_IMG_1536449681532.jpg.8176debd7527b60b5440fae5bdbc9d28.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Haha, just looking at the photo I posted yesterday, there appears to be a naked bloke in the window of the room opposite, never noticed that before.😇😵

• Haha 1