Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How many Evora 'Sport 410's were made? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

How many Evora 'Sport 410's were made?

pete757

As per the thread title really!

I know the 'Sport 410' was introduced about 12 months after the 400 arrived, and has now been 'superseded' by the GT410.

In that context against the GT410, I think the 'Sport 410' looks superb value at £15-20k less, for what seems to be basically the same car underneath...? 

I have not seen many for sale and never seen one 'in the wild'. But they do look V nice :>)

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, pete757 said:

In that context against the GT410, I think the 'Sport 410' looks superb value at £15-20k less, for what seems to be basically the same car underneath...? 

That is exactly right. The only difference I am aware of between the 410 Sport and GT410 is the front and rear bumpers.  My car was £17k cheaper than a similar spec GT410 when you add in the amazing PX price for my NA. Very happy with my car and the deal.

Maybe we need to start a 410 Sport Register. I hope that these cars will be like the Esprit 300 Sport cars, the sweet spot of the range!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I hope that these cars will be like the Esprit 300 Sport cars, the sweet spot of the range!

I think the marmite seats will prevent that I’m afraid. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I would prefer to see the 410 seats viewed as the 'discerning' choice for an Evora owner!

It's actually hysterical that the exact same seats are seen as such a 'bonus' in an Exige as well! Get the mounting angles sorted and all is very good... assuming you have the hips etc to fit! 

Having said that... the Recaro's in the S1 are THE best :>)

• Gold FFM

Seats are easily changed. As the prices of used 410s and 400s fall, they may be a great way of tempting a few more Exige owners across to the larger car.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

5 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m not sure if all 25 made it to the market. 

howmanyleft puts it at 22 manuals & one auto. 

:(:( Doesn’t look good for my possible future quest of getting an auto 410.

Looks as though my choice may be pretty limited

I know of a 410 that’s not been registered yet, but will be very shortly, so that would account for 24.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

5 hours ago, Colin P said:

I think the marmite seats will prevent that I’m afraid. 

It's only "big boned" people who usually don't like them. And after that bloody cruise you'll be very big boned!

I've decided to take advice from Colin and am on day 1 of Stoptober, stopping the alcohol consumption. That's the 9th day one of this month though :scared::sofa:

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

For the 410 auto, at one point there were 2 for sale in a London! (A grey and a white one) so there should be a tiny bit few more

8 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Seats are easily changed. As the prices of used 410s and 400s fall, they may be a great way of tempting a few more Exige owners across to the larger car.

I don't think falling prices would make much difference to Exige owners who's car's re-sale values have been rising!

As an ex Exige owner, the 'Sport 410' does feel like it has a lot of 'Exige' in it ... all that carbon and obvious 'brief' to make it 'lightweight' has a bit of 'Cup' feel about it... they maybe should have/could have done that alongside the '430 GT'... Sure it's bigger, but so am I, twenty years after getting my first Elise and a lot bigger than I was when I slid inside my Exige S1 as well!

Yes, seats are easy to change but the carbon 'race' seats look the absolute business in the 410 Sport I think... I did not realise the rear side windows were actually real carbon... the weave is only visible from the inside.

Pretty unique car really, I wonder why the felt the need to change 'the name' and a few other minor bits to make it a GT410.   

• Like 1

I agree the carbon seats suit the 410 incredibly well. I’d feel it’s cheating not to have them! They’re what I’d want when pressing on or for track but limit it greatly as a GT. In an ideal world you’d have two sets and stick the comfy ones in for long journeys. Access to the stowage area behind the seats is a nightmare with the fixed buckets. 

(I also feel a little cheated having blank buttons where the heated seat controls are 😄)

17 hours ago, internets said:

I know of a 410 that’s not been registered yet, but will be very shortly, so that would account for 24.

HR Owen had an unregistered 410 Sport auto in their Cheltenham showroom for ages, don’t know if that’s the same car as above

No its the grey 410 @ B&C. Its been sold but just waiting on registration apparently. 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Anf I think I know who bought it... They'll be along when they are ready.

The small print.

150 was the global figure not the UK figure @JayEmm but nobody believed that Lotus would sell 150 of them a year. Or did they?  🤣

My car (the only RHD Fire Red and 1 of only 2 Fire Red's - switch to Clarkson voice - "in the world!") being one of 25 in the UK makes it probably rarer than a GT430 as apparently loads of them have been sold and almost as rare as a GTE.  Woo hoo...  :sofa:

The small print.