Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Drones spotted at Gatwick... - Page 3 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Drones spotted at Gatwick...

Bibs

It's the same thing that drives me crackers about people smoking in pub toilets. They bring a law in but there's no feasible way to police it due to lack of staff numbers.. Alright it's a lot easier to spot a drone than find a bloke smoking whilst he's having a piss. Point being even if they brought a law in to limit the distance drones can go you'll still get an idiot with a soldering iron who'll find a way around it.

Cut a hand off. Then if its done again they lose the other one. Once we have a museum of hands people might think twice. If they learn to fly with their feet and still do it. Hang them. They arent a shits worth of use to the world. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

It was a bloke in a hi-viz on his bike spotted recovering 2 drones from a field 4 miles away from the airport! Spotted by a passer by! :huh:

A question for Bibs - How can you prove that the drones were the ones that flew around Gatwick - assuming they were not stupid enough to film all their activity. Do the drones record their track automatically? 

Depends on the drone but DJI ones (which are 90% of the commercial market) track & record every single aspect of the flight, even down to control inputs. 

This is stored locally until you sync with the DJI cloud server and while I'm not sure of the process, I'd imagine someone somewhere would know how to disable this or delete the records.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hmmm something doesn’t add up IMHO but anyway...

Clicky

It has not been explained how domestic drone users could have the capability to allegedly cause disruption on this scale and police inquiries are continuing.”

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

The effective range of a shotgun isn’t that great. You’d be lucky to disable a drone with normal cartridges over about 150 feet. The kinetic energy of the shot tails off very fast. Of course if you use larger gauge shot, but there’s less of them in the shell, so unless you’re very good, or very lucky, then the drone could fly through the sparse pattern.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

BBC:  "The airport said it aimed to run "a full schedule" of 757 flights on Saturday"  - that's Icelandair sorted then.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

But if the passengers get no compensation, the airlines use no fuel......how does it cost them?

I understand all the panes are in the wrong place, but they have plenty dont they? 

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Absolutely not.  It's a very tight schedule with maintenance downtime, flight/cabin/ground crews, and massive service partner costs. Establishing aircraft back to where they should be is incredibly complex and often involves repositioning (empty) at huge cost.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Blimey - I see. So, has anyone estimated the cost so far? (Obviously cant count the cost of ruined plans etc)

If so, the £50k can be put into some perspective - eg 1% of the total cost or far less??

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

It's a pity they don't have flying machine at Gatwik that could follow the drone ... 😕

(Seriously, they don't have a drone or even a real helicopter?!)

I haven't followed all the story from here but that looks strange indeed, especially when I read here that the drone showed up more than 50 times?!