Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 20 - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

1 hour ago, auRouge said:

I watched the auction till the end whilst making dinner.. peaked at £67k + fee and as @jep says didn’t meet reserve.. So that would have been circa £73k..

Good. 410s are rare, incredibly quick made from very expensive components.

Wow, you can pick up low mileage Lotus Approved 410s for £70k now and prices are dropping. Plus, with the Final Editions slowly coming up on the used market, that reserve seems very aspirational. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jcx said:

Wow. That’s not good to read. I think they present very well. It’s a good-looking, well-presented platform. But at the end of the day it’s an auction and with that comes all of the issues of buying from an auction. I don’t think I could buy that way. 

Yes they do along with a few high end Supercar Dealers who behind the Facade are like Billy Bloggs Fish Shop or worse 

My motto is always look at the Owner and you then know more about their business practices which are often shoddy 

anyone know what's going on with this 420... its been on for a long time (having I think been for sale and then taken off a while back too). priced aggressively for a 420 relative to where 410s were when advertised. just been sat there... 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310293452332?sort=price-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Exige&postcode=hp92nw&radius=1500&fromsra

Being a private sale my guess is that it would be harder to finance despite the lower asking price. It should be under Lotus warranty so subject to an inspection it could be a bargain. 

• 1 month later...

I saw a laser blue, 15k miles one, go up on Facebook v6 exige group a few days ago. Looked pretty good. Was advertised at 44k

At £44k it was somewhat overpriced too, but at least the seller has realised and dropped to £41k. It’s got a little lower to go before I’m interested. 

Jon Seal sold a 2016 CR with 24k miles for £41k, with all those dealer assurances and a recent clutch. Unfortunately I didn’t get there quick enough, procrastinated a little 🤣

• 1 month later...

The Bond Exige at Lotus Exeter has been sold and was picked up today. Spotted  a LF1 outside.

• Like 1

I forget what V6 you had before. Do you want Cup chassis? Quite firm on Surrey roads.

I would think any newish Exige will still deprecate, albeit glacial but one's over 5 years old are pretty much deprecation free, unless high mileage added.

Justin 

Thanks @jep  I had a superb Sport 350 which was one of the best in the UK (in my biased opinion!). 

just felt like maybe the 430 is the halo exige, so potentially thinking of selling my 340R to make space for one!

I'd try the CUP first before buying. I had LF1 which has standard suspension as your 350. Perfect for Surrey, I found CUP too harsh and frankly therefore slower in the real world. If road use is your bag. 

340R is soft damping too. 

Financially, stick with 340R or buy older V6. If you're not worried about £s, it doesn't matter but try before you buy.

Justin 

PS. 340R is the halo Elise. What are you thinking? 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yep, V6 Exige with standard suspension is perhaps the greatest Lotus road car ever. S1 Elise 118bhp may pip it, as may 340R, as may Elan 26.....

Justin 

On 30/03/2024 at 15:03, GoldenGun said:

Did anyone see the 430 Cup FE that was up for £90k ?

I’m thinking of getting another V6 Exige, but just trying to figure out if the 430 FE is worth the premium. 

I’d get a 410 over a 430 and save 25/30K.

AFAIK the chassis and suspension and geo is identical on the 410 and 430. When set up right it is not too hard or too track-focused for the roads. It’s blinking brilliant. A £90k exige 430 with micro-mileage is a bargain. If you like them and you can afford it I say grab it. I’ll never sell my 410 it’s a golden keeper. It’s done approx. 24k miles and many abroad. Geo setup needs to be precise. 

• Thanks 1

This is correct and regardless, even for road use it is 100% worth getting the geo done.

The £90k 430s are looking more enticing than they previously were, but £20k for a mechanically identical car is a little challenging! A different case for the special editions (Type 25s and 49s for example) but otherwise...

45 minutes ago, jmcvaughn said:

A different case for the special editions (Type 25s and 49s for example) but otherwise...

The special editions are just paint and stickers aren't they? Really worth the extra?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I don't think it's unrealistic to presume that the special editions are probably going to have stronger residuals if the market gets tough, regardless of the validity of the reasons. I wouldn't pay a premium for a special edition car but given the choice I'd probably go that way. None of this is rational but I'd imagine it is almost universal!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I've spotted a 410 Anniversary for sale at Junction 17, registration number MX70 GPK. I was just wondering if anyone could offer me some information or advice about the history of the car or the dealer.

Going by the ad, it was registered in October 20 and has only had 2 services.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202404158652228

Many thanks.

Colin

On 20/04/2024 at 02:54, Colso said:

Hi Folks

I've spotted a 410 Anniversary for sale at Junction 17, registration number MX70 GPK. I was just wondering if anyone could offer me some information or advice about the history of the car or the dealer.

Going by the ad, it was registered in October 20 and has only had 2 services.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202404158652228

Many thanks.

Colin

Very beautiful car / colour combo. Be aware that it seems to be on Michelin Pilot Sport 5 tyres (265 rear), instead of the stock Pilot Sport Cup 2 (stock 285 rear). 

• Love 1