Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 17 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

pete

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Various factors at work that knock the desirability/price of the silver V6 Auto....

Obviously it's an auto - not well regarded on an Exige, knock off around £5K from coupe prices straight away

It's a roadster - typically another few £K cheaper than a coupe

The interior and exterior colours are not the most sought after

The paintwork is showing some damage on the air intake on one side

The 430 kit will put some people off, it makes insurance more difficult/expensive and people generally prefer a car to be 'standard'

Finally, the car was originally listed (many moons ago) at a frankly ridiculous £50K and has dropped bit by bit over time to where it sits now - not a great sign to buyers. If they pull another £2K off it then it will be priced about right and it will likely sell quickly, or maybe someone will come along at £40K when the weather picks up? They've waited this long, I guess they may as well sweat it out 😄

I notice that another (similarly deluded) trader has listed a similar (but coupe) IPS for £50K - good luck with that one guys, you'd better hope that an uninformed punter who doesn't know the market wanders into your place with cash burning a hole in his/her pocket. 😆

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, duncx said:

The 430 kit will put some people off, it makes insurance more difficult/expensive and people generally prefer a car to be 'standard'

Oh I know the car now I've looked at the advert properly.  If only they could spell Hangar correctly... 😕

Did Hangar do  the gearbox/LSD/driveshaft work mentioned in the advert? Not part of the usual 430 kit I believe so what's the story? Despite my earlier post I actually quite like the car, I've previously owned a K430 IPS Exige and it was ok, just not as much fun as a manual. Mine was a coupe in a great colour and I paid a lot less than they are asking for this one!

• Gold FFM

I can't remember the exact sequence, but we did the 430 kit and the gearbox stuff. The brakes were already done by someone else when we first saw the car.  I'd have to look back in our documentation to double-check exactly.

Did we do the 430 kit on the Exige you had?  I think the only other IPS Exige we have done was yellow.

I do remember that the silver one was a press car.

Yes, the K430 kit was fitted by Hangar, done by a previous owner, and it was indeed a solar yellow coupe!

I really liked that car and wanted to keep it, but my garage was full and I couldn't bear to leave it outside over winter so I sold it :(

I know it went through Jon at some point but I bought it privately. Most of the black wrap had already been removed and I took off the remaining sections - around the back lights and under the spoiler. I also got rid of the smoked back lights (absolute pain in the arse job that was!) and the window tints.

I sort of wish I hadn't sold it :(

Auto on Exige is a very limited market. Exige is all about the driving experience and I doubt many think the torque converter auto adds to that joy. 

A tough sell.

Justin 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 19:37, DH2 said:

Did we do the 430 kit on the Exige you had?  I think the only other IPS Exige we have done was yellow.

Turns out that this very car is for sale on Autotrader, it's the stupidly priced IPS V6S at £50K 😆

I sold that car last October (not to these clowns though) for £38K, which was about the right price IMHO  :)

On 06/12/2022 at 19:43, Jcx said:

With the correct geometry settings dialled in my 410 has that mercurial lotus magic carpet ride.  It floats over all. It the worst roads.  I’ve done 16k miles in 3 years from new. I’ve done a handful of 1k - 2k road trips and spent many a day in the car for 8-10 hours and it’s always been fabulous.  That said it too is predominantly a solo-ride for me. Very motorbike. But that’s fine… it’s not a family taxi. 

@Jcx have you had a bespoke Geo done?

This stunner wasn’t for sale but got my juices flowing for another Lotus. 

4FA6FFFE-14A8-4A53-BCE7-2E3291D59F11.jpeg

@Troyboy a stunning thing ehh.. I’d hope and imagine a worthy person. I had good close look at the white car and it’s what sowed the idea. The finish was amazing, best I’ve ever seen on an Exige and any Lotus for that matter. It oozed quality. Perfect paint, panel gaps and fit both inside and out. Finally what anyone would hope for. It embarrassingly made the McLaren’s around it at more than double the price look clumsy and kit car like with their finish. Am sure they’re great cars to drive but my goodness they’re a long way off - Ferrari has nothing to worry about imho. 
After seeing the white car I got motivated to get back into a Lotus. Everything honed in, nicely finished with clear passion and attention to detail. I then watched this review and had to buy one.

Where else can you find such a fast car with beautiful exposed mechanical ⚙️ art? 

639115d4-2ff2-4f22-b769-4641fff3412a.jpeg

ee07ebe5-fc65-4984-80eb-8445fc65d003.jpeg

Hi auRouge, I never got to see the car in the flesh but the pictures with the white Esprit were stunning. Not many 430 Cup cars float my boat but a few look really fantastic. They are very desirable in that imo they are the very pinnacle of what Lotus did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2023 at 10:07, Troyboy said:

I made a casual enquiry about that white 430 Cup. Truly stunning car. I wonder where it went. 

I saw this car at the B&C service centre in Guildford en route to the buyer who lives in Japan.

• Like 1