Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Stratton Evora GTs - Page 5 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Stratton Evora GTs

C8RKH

On 16/12/2020 at 22:30, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

So 4 months on since the last post on here and getting on for 2 years since their rebuilds were completed, the remaining 4 of the 5 GTs made are still listed for sale at Stratton. Still POA. Nigh on 10 years since they were originally built and still no buyers. What a waste.

Mate has had his GT430 for sale for well over a year.... Had silly offers but noting near where he wants (same price as the GTE's).

There is not a massive market for Evora regardless of which model. 

@TheKevlarKid - has he got his GT430 for sale in the classifieds on here?  Would have thought most likely GT430 buyers would be on here.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Haha, they couldn’t shift them at £84k two years ago, so they put the price up by a grand. Where do I sign?

Don’t forget that we are now in difficult economic times and a No Deal Brexit seems just round the corner, so they’re hoped-for LHD market will diminish further when tariffs/duties are applied to any potential EU sales.

Its my understanding that most of the LHD GTE's were SVA'd, therefore would be dificult to register in europe, is this the same for the Stratton GT's?

These cars needed to be in the £65k bracket (which is where I believe the original GTE's were priced). They also should have put a longer warranty on them to convince people that being built by a small company meant they would stand by the product rather than try to copy Lotus etc with a short warranty. The fact they told me they had to maintain the car to keep the warranty will rule out loads - I wasn't going to travel 6 hours round trip every time something potentially went wrong - they may have changed this but it was the case when I enquired. For £75-£90k you can buy an original that has had the teething problems taken out by the previous owner so they HAD to undercut that to make it a worthwhile calculated risk. Plus imagine selling these down the line, oh so these are the GTE's, well yes and no, its all the original parts put together by a dealership so they aren't officially a lotus......hello.....hello............

Shame really as these had massive potential.

3 hours ago, 21gg said:

Its my understanding that most of the LHD GTE's were SVA'd, therefore would be dificult to register in europe, is this the same for the Stratton GT's?

That doesn’t appear to be true for my LHD GTE. On the V5C it’s got Type approval number E4*2001/116*0142*10.

I know some (the pre reg ones i think) like mine and yours were registered as evoras, but the unregistered cars that got 15 plates were sva'd. I know Thomas had to have a pre reg one for this reason. 

On 21/12/2020 at 13:32, BatMobile said:

These cars needed to be in the £65k bracket (which is where I believe the original GTE's were priced). They also should have put a longer warranty on them to convince people that being built by a small company meant they would stand by the product rather than try to copy Lotus etc with a short warranty. The fact they told me they had to maintain the car to keep the warranty will rule out loads - I wasn't going to travel 6 hours round trip every time something potentially went wrong - they may have changed this but it was the case when I enquired. For £75-£90k you can buy an original that has had the teething problems taken out by the previous owner so they HAD to undercut that to make it a worthwhile calculated risk. Plus imagine selling these down the line, oh so these are the GTE's, well yes and no, its all the original parts put together by a dealership so they aren't officially a lotus......hello.....hello............

Shame really as these had massive potential.

Nope, the 20 cars done by the factory were 85k each. Standard evora engines (345hp), standard interiors except for the carbon car which kept its carbon interior.

The Stratton GT's still have the original Swindon tuned engine in them (400+ hp) and carbon trim.

All of these cars (factory and Stratton) were the original GTE's, there are less than 30 cars in existence, they're all special in their own rights.

• Like 2

@TheKevlarKid I hadn't realised, even so the point still stands, you'd be a very brave man to buy one of these over an original when they are the same price.

Completely agree, very special cars and arguably one of the best looking Lotus'. So much presence and the rear end is just 🙌

I very nearly bought the white one at Hofmann's over my 430, a scratch I hope to itch at some point.....very jealous of yours, a beautiful example. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I’ve noticed that there’s a Stratton Evora for sale on Collecting cars, would be interesting to see what price it gets to, and/or if it sells. There’s no mention of which number it is but it’s in Matt white, and is located in Wetherby.

What’s people’s thoughts on the price it’ll reach ? My guess is £70/73k, (of course there’s the 6% UK/5% non uk buyers fee to be added.

Phill

The text says it’s #5 of 5, but that doesn’t mean a lot. It’s the first one Stratton sold in August 2020. It seems to have covered 4000+ miles in the past year, which is pretty good going by GTE standards. :sofa:

I see that Strattons still have 3 others advertised. The grey one is marked as SOLD and both the green one and the Swizzy one are still up for £84,000 just as they have been for the past 33 months…

• Gold FFM

Looks like it went for £50k in the end. Which considering the figures some of the Sports Racers are being advertised at seems like a bargain! 

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2017-lotus-evora-stratton-gt 😮

• Like 1

Totally agree the Five Stratton cars are probably closer to the original concept than the 20 the factory produced cars and yes a bargain compared to the silly prices some dealers are asking for SRs at the moment.

The problem with the Stratton cars is they don't sell at a retail price. I assume this is why one has been put to auction. 

I personally wouldn't want to own one, even at £50k. I'd rather have a 400,410 or 430 at more money. I won't be the only one with this view, which means less demand and therefore weaker value.

They may or may not be brilliant cars but most buyers want a Lotus factory product and wouldn't even consider a Stratton. This may change over time but that is some way off.

Hopefully we see the auctioned car on the road with a happy owner.

Justin

• Like 1

I make that £53,000 inc. buyer’s fee of 6%. Of course it might end up back for sale at a dealer for £10k more… Either way it really puts the £84k Stratton themselves have been asking for the other cars over the past 3 years into perspective.

6 hours ago, jep said:

The problem with the Stratton cars is they don't sell at a retail price. I assume this is why one has been put to auction. 

I personally wouldn't want to own one, even at £50k. I'd rather have a 400,410 or 430 at more money. I won't be the only one with this view, which means less demand and therefore weaker value.

They may or may not be brilliant cars but most buyers want a Lotus factory product and wouldn't even consider a Stratton. This may change over time but that is some way off.

Hopefully we see the auctioned car on the road with a happy owner.

Justin

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2016-lotus-evora-400

The above may be an older car, and a lot less money but still a very good buy at that price plus the 6% fee.…in January of this year.