Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New car suggestions please - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New car suggestions please

On the electric theme, we bought a BMW i3 for Fran last summer and have had great fun with it.  She loves driving it.  It does 100 to 120miles on a charge (160 for the new one just introduced) which is further than we want to go in it and if its of any sort of factor for you "fuel" costs are (literally) about a tenth of what they are in my Rangie!  Like all electrics its very nippy, comfy enough, a few toys....worth a look?   (No memory seats tho...)

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

7 hours ago, Sparky said:

We have memory seats in our Meriva.  We each remember our respective driving positions and adjust manually..  Absolutely essential.  With the rest of the cash we travel the world.

I always make a point of getting one with a see-through windscreen, and revolving wheels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
23 hours ago, Sparky said:

We have memory seats in our Meriva.  We each remember our respective driving positions and adjust manually..  Absolutely essential.  With the rest of the cash we travel the world.

@Sparky as you know we have a lot of lurve for you down here but you need to understand it is 2019 and we embrace technology in the Souff London overspill. We would also travel the world but it’s that non indexed linked pension and heavily discounted ex BA staff flights prevents us 😜

@Chillidoggy talking of wheels how many you got on the Esprit at the moment? I just checked the van and I have four which are all round and just got me back from Stockport (a little quicker than @Barrykearley would as his van is a little slow) 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

So ended up with a 335i Gran Coupe, in carbon black which is a beautiful colour looks like a nightmare to keep clean though. Pick it up next Sat it does have HUD though which is actually excellent and a lot of toys and on the insistence of @Sparky memory seats.

Took a week of negotiating car dealers are no fun these days but we finally got there and I said the deal breaker is I want a full tank of fuel that unbelievably took 10 hours to agree as I don’t think he believed me when I said I will walk without it. 

So we are finally, bar the van, a petrol household again and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Khan for his ULEZ introduction as it has proved a very cheap fix for this house hold.......not. 

Oh and anyone thinking why didn’t he buy a 440i well I would have done until I read the new road tax laws which sneaked in, in 2017 for any car costing over 40k new that is a proper piss take. 

• Gold FFM

She will, if cut up properly.  I know.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 10/03/2019 at 23:36, Sparky said:

We have memory seats in our Meriva.  We each remember our respective driving positions and adjust manually.. 

The Meriva is such a great car that someone didn’t remember to pick it up at my golf club parking. Just abandoned it there and walked away to never come back.

• Gold FFM

And here we have the solution Carbon Black is the blue of carbon paper and also having spent many years in diesels it is lovely to have petrol again, 304bhp it goes like feck. Head up display takes some getting used to but it is actually brilliant.   Still can’t work our the self parking so now have a van and a car that have self parking but can’t work either 😂C84F1FC8-7BBD-46F3-9BFD-8C2399F3CDE8.thumb.jpeg.7c331f346006b849c6171e2918ef40a1.jpeg