Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 12 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

• Gold FFM

just love this, what a stunning design, id have the rear red led off but the blue hyperspace tunnels lit with the blue hue..    

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 21.56.28.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 21.55.51.png

• Like 1

Lovely Design, good proportion and that interior is also very smart. A beauty. That promise much for the next coming Elise, Exige and Esprit. Bravo!

• Like 2

I agree with all of the above, not much more to add. Love the attention to detail, the aero concept, you don't even notice the lack of tail pipes sticking out the back and looking at stats, dare I say the Valkyrie has just been top trumped. I was sceptical about all electric cars, but if they're like this, then bring it on. How long now before all the big boys, launch full electric hyper cars.

I like it more than I thought I would, given the few things I had heard or read about it. It is very cohesive and pulls the ball forward quite some miles in termes of design.  The rear is indeed unique, I will need to see it more to adopt it completely, but as a statement of intentions it’s a very loud one. I think it makes all our cars look old (and that is a compliment). As a design exercise I think it passes with flying colours. I am also looking forward to the next generation of Lotus for the average Joe (and cross my fingers that they will still be affordable).

did I hear correct....10 mins to a full charge? if that is reality then the goalposts have surely been moved massively 

construction and property consultants : My company

4 minutes ago, Beady said:

did I hear correct....10 mins to a full charge? if that is reality then the goalposts have surely been moved massively 

Sort of ish. 18 mins with a 350kWh charger. 9 mins with an 800kW charger which doesn't exist but anyone paying this money can install a bespoke charger. Even 18 mins is impressive.

There is a whole realness in the design with lots of LOTUS design DNA love it, advanced without being wacky.

To me the  weight at 1600kgs is a benchmark. That’s the same as most “light” GTs

The range is acceptable at 240 Miles and 18 minutes ? Charge.

I can also see the next Esprit in there. But this time with the Williams hybrid Powertrain from the C-X75. 

• Like 1

They hit the styling and spec's out of the ballpark.

They hit the styling and spec's out of the park ... Congratulations!

47 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Ok just  got back home after a day spent in a black zone  with only 10' spent in a zone with enough coverage to have a looks at 3 pics and the official clip... after watching the carfection clip all I can say is What a car!!!  those seats, those pedals, this interior, those details inside and outside, seriously hope they will all trickle down lower down the range.... This is a very cohesive package and that black badge, I love this black badge... I also like the fact that the lotus brand is back on the brake calipers... details I know but so exquisite here.

The logic to rebranding the brakes, headlights etc. is because of the Chinese market, they don't own  "Lotus" as a standalone mark.

11 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

I'll bet you 50p that they will own them soon....

Wish it worked that way, but the only expedient way to gain use of the word 'Lotus' rather than 'Lotus NYO' is to purchase the mark owning company or offer them a licensing fee that they cannot refuse.  Its been a year now to try and get it back, but in teh mean time Lotus is branding their 2020 edition cars with the extra 3 letters.

Edited by Julian73

7 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Sort of ish. 18 mins with a 350kWh charger. 9 mins with an 800kW charger which doesn't exist but anyone paying this money can install a bespoke charger. Even 18 mins is impressive.

My domestic electricity supply has a 100 amp fuse, so the highest power available would be 24kW. Charging at home is going to be much slower. I suppose that you'd also have to have an industrial grade electricity supply installed to use one of these fast chargers.

• Gold FFM

Yes. 7kW is the typical sized home charger. 

Looking at just how much time HyperCars spend sat tucked in a climate controlled garage - charge times probably aren’t an issue

Only here once

At 350V (like Tesla uses), 350kW requires a charging current of 1000A! That's a mighty big cable... Also, a 10% loss in the charger means 35kW needs to be dissipated. That's enough to heat a moderate house in winter! It's calculations like that that keep me from believing in full EV. But totally irrelevant for the Evija. Nobody will use it for the daily commute, so charging time is irrelevant, as long as it's ready to go in the weekend (edited, Barry just beat me to it). The fast charger might be useful on trackdays and such. Easily switchable batteries would be even better, as they also avoid the problem of having to start with a hot battery after recharging. But those are all general remarks.

I can only add to all the other comments, Lotus has done a great show and the Evija should have noticeable impact on how the public sees the brand.

Filip

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, NedaSay said:

Ok just  got back home after a day spent in a black zone  with only 10' spent in a zone with enough coverage to have a looks at 3 pics and the official clip... after watching the carfection clip all I can say is What a car!!!  those seats, those pedals, this interior, those details inside and outside, seriously hope they will all trickle down lower down the range.... This is a very cohesive package and that black badge, I love this black badge... I also like the fact that the lotus brand is back on the brake calipers... details I know but so exquisite here.

I love Paul from  Supercar of London Youtube channel genuine kid like emotion. 

thanks for posting that, ive not seen that guy before.. i really liked his style enthusiasm,  plus, moving the camera around a-lot really shows how wonderful this car is..

looking at this car this morning it just looks just  as if not more epic this morning....   its a good time to own a lotus and be on this bandwagon!