Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 20 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

You are 100% right she as a massive audience and the most current YouTube ex F1 driver and world champion as only half the audience she as, I say well done Lotus for doing what the competition have been doing for years, she might not be to every ones taste but this will put Lotus back in the spotlight which can only be good for sales now and more importantly the next few years when we have the new platforms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bee said:

I know what you're saying but she's become 'the' name for first looks at hypercars and high-end supercars.

Yes, and she has 'one of them'. And with 'one of them', she can get as many of those as she likes.

• Like 1

I hope it works out well for them but where possible I prefer to see Lotus leading the way rather than following the herd.

The videos do make the car look tiny inside, similar to Exige proportions. If a 5ft blonde has trouble getting her knees under the steering wheel then a well fed captain of industry is going to struggle I’d have thought? Might just be she has the seating position all wrong but I can only go on what’s presented. Very low-rent for a hypercar first drive video but great to see it moving. Obviously hope the car is a huge success and I’m sure there will be many more videos and promotional stunts to come.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

From an interview on this topic, I heard them say that the car can jack up the front end for speed bumps etc. Can it also lower for photos like this for example?

The reason I ask is that with the tyres so close to the panels, if you were in any sort of corner and you hit a decent bump etc., isn't there a good chance that the tyre will impact the panel?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Did anyone else manage to get the special edition Road Rat magazine edition 3 that went on sale tonight at 8pm - only 130 copies were printed and they’ve been signed by Russell Carr - see below. I got lucky......anyone else?

9439565C-82CA-4BB5-8FD4-9CC91A1CE873.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

i have that issue but with the very cool f1 gordon murray cover... its a brilliant book/mag, with a great different  insight into lotus and the  evija..

l

• Gold FFM

Just a question. It has probably already been asked and answered or maybe it hasn't?

When is the first one being finished and who is it going to?

Does anyone know?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Lucky blighter. (insert 'not envious' icon)

• Gold FFM

Does anyone know when we're going to get a proper, written up, road test of the car?  I've been scouring the internet and set up all the appropriate "google alerts", but not seen anything yet...

On 19/09/2019 at 15:19, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Let’s hope they pick up a fair few deposits. I wonder how many firm orders have been booked so far?

I heard they picked up 15 at a single US event.  Pretty impressive to be honest.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I just saved it as well. The sheer size of the vent that goes through to become the taillight centre is just awesome. I had also never noticed until just now how abruptly the rear quarter panel ends after the wheel so that you see the rear shape from the side. More awesomeness!

Is it going to be in RHD as well and is there going to be ANY that make it to Australia? I though I had read that it was only going to be in LHD? I might have been dreaming about that though. 😴

It is on the Australian website, but I don't know if that means that any are going to get here.

It really is a seriously gorgeous car. :wub:

(now I just need to have a seriously decent win on lotto)