Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 28 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

Aesthetically I still think the Evija is the better looking car (from what I can see anyways). This is still awesome though. Gordon Murray was on the Lotus podcast and it was one of their better episodes IMO.

Edited by Likuid

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

• 2 weeks later...

@bibs fill your boots 🙂

• Like 1

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Accepting the Evija's appearance on its own terms and without comment, seeing those photos makes me wonder about the status of that particular car.

As presumably it was intended for viewing fairly generally - Lotus Silverstone's guests? Some club? Invited by Lotus?. Potential purchasers? - I imagine that it was intended as a show car, and the bright yellow finish was an intentional aspect of displaying it.

Given that the Evija's very heavily sculptured form is evident whatever the colour, wouldn't something quieter - the traditional metallic silvery grey for instance - have better represented a £2m plus car?  

The photos of the car park show "obviously real" cars in quieter colours. (The Plus 2 is lovely.)  The Evija's yellow on any car makes the sort of attention-grabbing statement that some would prefer to avoid - I know that I am not the only one. On the Evija, it accentuates the intensity of the sculpturing to a degree that it made me wonder about film props, or an advert for some forthcoming Pixar cartoon.

Really, I'm not commenting on the Evija's appearance in itself - the sculpturing is functional and fundamental to the aero design. That colour however, for me, does seem to highlight it "beyond reality". The  photos showing the interior through the open door give me no such issues!

Perhaps it's my age (although my Lotus is Vivid Green!)

34 minutes ago, mdavies said:

Lotus Silverstone's guests?

Yup, customers past and present of both their car sales and service plus a few other invited guests. 

34 minutes ago, mdavies said:

the traditional metallic silvery grey for instance

I was there today, the Solaris Yellow is otherworldly in the flesh, stunning. 

More pics tomorrow...

20200808_191346.jpg

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

To be honest it was a lot nicer colour than my Evora with the metallic flex the Evija looked stunning. But like you say similar. Love my Evora and would not swap it for anything, I tell a lie Bell and Colvills Liquid Yellow 430 could force me to put my hands in my pocket again lol.

• Like 1

Bibs , thanks for the link to the launch video.  Indeed that grey for me - I'd drive about quite inconspicuously then.......

I note your description of the yellow one as "other worldly"- rather supports my questioning of the colour.  Lotus are asking for £2m plus of this world's cash!  

18 minutes ago, PAR said:

I think it would be just far to slow. 0-200mph In over 10sec. Who would buy that!!

haha beats making two burnouts and then rushing off to the charger....🤪

Well  just looked at the spec of the car on the website, the weight went up to 1750kg from a target of 1690kg but Popham now mentions way more power possibly exceeding 2000bhp so there's that.