Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Evora Sport 410 Club - Page 5 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Evora Sport 410 Club

C8RKH

Yes I had pondered that + figured that it would be good on the basis that it evens up any historic wear too + allows me to still drive the car if the seat goes away for longer when it gets fixed..A small amount of black fabric tape will be a temp tidy until then..

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congratulations on the Sport 410 Evora. I loved mine, shared with a pal. Weekend car is best, as seats are tricky if your waist is over 34". I was fine, so was my pal but most passengers didn't approve. They are a bargain car, £40k cheaper than 430 and rarer. 430 is special but Sport 410 should not be £40k less.

Seat: we made a removable suede 'sock' to protect the bolster. Perhaps ask a trimmer to make similar with some fixings, do both seats so they match. It will cover the damage already done and protect from further wear.

My Esprit S300 had bolster seat protectors from new by the original owner. Great job.

Justin 

@jep my waist is considerably more than 34" and the seats are fine. The issue is the size of your pelvic bone/hips I think and mine are not too bad so i find the carbon seats really comfortable even though I weigh the same as the car! :)

I also agree that the Sport 410's are an absolute steel at the price they are right now. The 430 is a superb car, but not worth £40k more than, however, the market sets the price.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes looking forward to it..

I seemed to fit in the seat ok but will have to see how comfortable I find them on longer runs. I'm reasonably slim hipped, ( as the beer just seems to make my stomach grow?! ), and tbh thought the seats could do with being a bit more hugging Around the ribs..

Will see..

Edited by Edmundo2

Another quick question...Does anyone know the wheel centre cap badge size for a Sport 410 and know where the best place to buy replacement gel/dome type adhesive replacements from at sensible money?

Cheers 

Seats: hips are the issue. A blast is fine but long trips 100,200+ miles for touring is not comfortable for some.

I loved them but I actually didn't do more than 230 miles in a day with mine. Sometimes I do 500+ with the NA. So comfy.

Off topic. Let's stick to market watch now.

Justin 

Hi. As some of you may have read I've paid a deposit on a Sport 410 that I'm collecting next week so will no doubt have a few questions to ask on here..

So,

Does anyone know the wheel centre cap badge size for a Sport 410 and know where the best place to buy replacement gel/dome type adhesive replacements from at sensible money?

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

@Edmundo2 With regard to your damaged seat in another thread. I have a friend with a Z3 who had his seats recovered by Sheffield Trimming Co. I have no connection to them but can confirm they did a good job at a good price. It's a bit nearer to your location in Leeds than some other suggested options. When you decide to get it sorted you could give them a call for nothing.

• Like 1

@Edmundo2 Are the wheel centre caps different to other Evora models? They used to be prone to falling out under certain circumstances or discolouring, so many will have been replaced over the years. In fact I keep a spare one in the boot of my Evora. Lotus Silverstone always had them in stock when I needed them.

Hi. I'm not sure tbh hence the question. I've booked the wheels in for refurb, ( keen I know but there was a lead time ), so figured I'd replace the badges whilst at it as they are originals and faded. I didn't want to order the wrong size if there's a difference between sizes etc..

Cheers 

No way my arse would makie it through the gap in that garage. It makes a Kardashians ass look ultra thin.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, Edmundo2 said:

- Noticed some transmission noise after a few hours when taking up drive at crawling speeds..Not sure if it was there all along and only noticed it as I became more acclimatised. Dissapears when you come off throttle or build speed. Sounds a bit like the diff meshing or straight cut gears? Don't think it's anything to worry about and have heard similar noises in other cars i think?

Yes, I think this is pretty normal from what I've read. Even my early LE does it...it's only on take up of the clutch , and then for a second or so in first gear. 👍

• 2 months later...

New Sport 410 Automatic owner over here🙏. Been watching this car for over 2 years. 2017, odometer is at 3500 miles. I prefer manual for sure but Lotus Turkey bought all their cars Automatic🤐🤐. Tracked my sport 350 in Istanbul and shocked by its performance. Stock to stock, my lap times were faster than 991.2 carrera S and same with the 458 italia's. So I bought this one too. How would be the performance difference? Our track has a layout with high speed braking and one triple chicane with 95 mph speed overall. IMG-20230623-WA0018.jpeg.783375b2bf01dfc46c6cfc605a867012.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice.  The 410 Sport is quicker around Hethel than an Exige 350.  I find that I can usually out brake Exiges on track. Cornering speed is about the same (unless they have coil overs). They seem to pull a little quicker out of the corners but the 410 vs 350 means you catch them on the straight.  Overall the 410 is about the same as an Exige 360 cup but (unsurprisingly) slower than the Exige 410.  I also find the Evora a more composed ride on track due to the wider track and hydraulic steering.  It’s not as manic as driving and Exige

• Like 1