Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 130 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

2 hours ago, march said:

There is always the Turkish part of Cyprus - it's great for money laundering (so I hear).

Trust a farmer to know where to take his cash!  :sofa:

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Will the Spanish still like us to buy/rent homes and go on holidays within their borders, and spend our money after 1/1/20? or will they just carry on siphoning Russian Oligarchy stolen funds in our place?

And the fact he wil need to become a French citizen if he wishes to stay more than 45days in any 90

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, thebartman said:

Will the Spanish still like us to buy/rent homes and go on holidays within their borders, and spend our money after 1/1/20?

They never did like us and don't now. They just like our cash and to exploit us.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If you look at the things Boris is holding firm on I totally understand why we are heading towards a no deal. The BBC always quotes the Fishing Rights, but thats just a minor part of it and they quote it because it makes the whole refusal thing sound rediculous, which suits their anti Brexit agenda. But many of the items we are not getting, non EU countries get already! Like Canada free trade and the Japanese Bi-Lateral trade deal!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Still trying to extend the negotiations I see. What can they resolve in the next couple of days that they haven’t managed in the past 4 1/2 years?

Also if no deal by 31.12.20, then we can probably kiss goodbye to any hope of a free trade deal for at least a generation. Why would the EU consider re-opening negotiations when we’re fully out, having failed to achieve a deal during the past 4 1/2 years? I am sure there will be no appetite to start again.

Labour being as constructive as they normally are and calling for Boris to secure a deal.

Well Starmer and your army of frontbencher thicko’s, are you prepared to accept what is currently on offer? Why don’t our useless media ask them the question rather than merely reporting their demands 😠

• Like 1

We’ve heard all the media reports about how all life as we know it will end in the U.K. come 1st January, but nothing much about the likely effects on the other EU member states.

I did see a piece today about French fisherman moaning that post-Brexit, the Dutch are likely to be taking all ‘their’ fish, though.

Oh, and one from ‘The Independent’ (rampant left-wingers, and anything but independent) about how Brits would effectively be banned from holidaying in the EU. After reading it, it turned out to be the usual load of Independent bollocks, however it made me wonder whether the leisure industry the EU member states that benefit from British tourism would be supportive of such a move. Especially the likes of Spain, and France, who would be on course to lose a packet.

Margate Exotics.

^^^ Spot on @pete

The small print.

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Why ? Because some smaller EU countries will put pressure on them.

Which Macron will ignore because he's up for reelection soon & nothing matters more to him than retaining power & if the likes of Ireland is screwed? So what 😃

As for Starmer, he'll sit on the fence until the dust settles then pick over the bones & wait for his chance to give everything away & open the floodgates to immigrants & refugees.

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

Yes macron is trying to impress the French electorate and has until 2022 to succeeed However he is vastly unpopular in France particularly in the south where they call him a Rothschild puppet.

Latest opinion pols there have nearly 65% not approving of him. He has just announced that the EU should increase the pressure on UK as we are close to giving in.( must be listening to Starker)

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

5 minutes ago, pete said:

( must be listening to Starker)

Is that Starker Starmer? 😁

Cheers,

John W

1 hour ago, jonwat said:

As for Starmer, he'll sit on the fence until the dust settles then pick over the bones & wait for his chance to give everything away & open the floodgates to immigrants & refugees.

The fact that many Labour MPs supported the cancellation of deportation flights for non-UK citizens who are rapists and murderers, and the fact Starmer didnt say a word is genuinely scary. 

• Like 1

Starmer (Labour's Brexit strategist) put the referendum loosers (no slight intended) in this position by positioning Labour to repeatedly reject May's much much softer deal, in an attempt to undermine Brexit.   Hopefully his supporters will hold him to account for this strategy failure.

3 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Oh, and one from ‘The Independent’ (rampant left-wingers, and anything but independent) about how Brits would effectively be banned from holidaying in the EU. After reading it, it turned out to be the usual load of Independent bollocks, however it made me wonder whether the leisure industry the EU member states that benefit from British tourism would be supportive of such a move. Especially the likes of Spain, and France, who would be on course to lose a packet.

definitely a serious and continuing breach of the Trade Descriptions Act

• Gold FFM

Shhh..... don’t tell anyone. It’s more important we create fear and an environment where folks judge their neighbours and grass them up for minor issues. It’s all a bit late 1930s Germanic for my liking

• Like 2

Only here once

This really shows just how deluded French politicians are at times. Totally not necessary and not going to help anything in the slightest. Makes me just wanna respond with "yeah, right, whatever, foxtrot oscar off and we'll speak about in 6 months when your car, cheese, wine and financial services are jumping off a cliff into the abyss".  

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/12/14/britain-will-big-loser-brexit-france-will-barely-feel-scratch/

• Haha 1

The small print.

I am absolutely sick and tired of French Politicians, their bullshit, their strutting, and the fact they steal oxygen from every other useful living thing.

No issue with the French people, just their f@@king politicans that lick the arses of the old aristocracy...

• Like 1

The small print.