Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brexit - Page 31 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brexit

Barrykearley

As pure entertainment I laughed at parts, But the underlying message is the same distasteful crap.. We seriously need to stop all this as the repeated sanctioning of such is putting out the wrong message... 

If anyone wanted proof of the unbridled power of the EU and to what lengths it will go to ...  The condemnation of a democratic vote along with all the interference and subliminal messages,  Reporting on things like racist attacks after the vote, which i believe never actually happened anymore than normal, until it was suggested it was happening in the press..   the power of suggestion , never underestimate this  in a profiled society programmed to believe it ... Well only 48%  thank God..  

• Like 2

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Well the pish on the mainstream bbc continues.

at 5am on bbc1 this morning there was real positive reports about the markets and an interview with an Asian trader correspondent type guy who was excited about the new state of affairs.

come breakfast time - I'm not seeing much at all about that - oh but lots about the spike in hate crimes etc etc etc.

am I cynical - oh yes sure am

Only here once

Reading the Guardian and the Mail this morning its almost as if they are talking about two entirely different worlds. The Mail wins out, they are reporting facts which the Graun seems determined not to, as their policy is to continually talk down Brexit. Its significant that the Graun is appealing for people to donate to their coverage by becoming a monthly contributor or making a one-off payment. They are obviously on their last legs financially and have dug their own grave by appealing only to a tiny number of London-based media types.

Like an episode of Dad`s Army, Boris is the Corporal Jones tossing the armed grenade of Article 50 to his fellow platoon members shouting "Don`t Panic". Not unreasonable to venture the opinion that they could have envisaged and thought about this before having a referendum  ?   

The Boris aspect reminds me of a child in the run-up to Christmas/birthday etc. 

Want, want, want, want. Got it. Don't want to play with it now. 

Prior to the final weeks I thought that having BoJo on the other side to the leader, meant that there was an obvious choice if "Leave" won, but it does now seem that both sides campaigns were rather toxic, so better he isn't running.

This means Theresa May is the next PM. This was likely always the plan and I have won a bet on this with a friend!

Expect May to be confirmed in the next few days, there will be no contest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, andydclements said:

The Boris aspect reminds me of a child in the run-up to Christmas/birthday etc. 

Want, want, want, want. Got it. Don't want to play with it now. 

Prior to the final weeks I thought that having BoJo on the other side to the leader, meant that there was an obvious choice if "Leave" won, but it does now seem that both sides campaigns were rather toxic, so better he isn't running.

I disagree mate. I think Boris is liked by many and the vote Stayers have gone off him. But I think a couple of years of the most boring politics in existence will see people forget all this and Boris will be rolled out in a couple of years everyone having forgotten this misdemeanor.

I think anyone who gets the PM-ship now will purely be a sacrifical pawn. No one will ever vote for them again, the Stayers because they hate them for having overseen the leaving of the EU and the Leavers because they are never going to get what they want as total extraction from the EU just isn't on the cards.

Then in 2 years time Boris will look awesome, promising a better future nd him making sure it happens.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Infoservice/Presse/Meldungen/2016/160624-BM-AM-FRA

Sobering reading But I doubt that the BBC will mention it.

Currently watching BBC World News and some drone "interviewing" Ségolène Royal, desperately trying to goad her into making some anti-UK statement about how the UK Needs to be made an example of for daring to leave. It was cringeingly emabarrasing but she ran rings round him and never once rose to the bait.
What has happened to the BBC I can't ever remember them being so negative and anti UK they seem to want the UK economy to go tits up just to be able to say 'told you so'

I don't think that the UK leaving the EU really has to alter the border control between RoI and NI, we were (and are) not part of the area with reduced/no border control, so it was a border with a foreign country and will be a border with a foreign country,it just happened to be that both of us were in the EU, one of us will cease to be. If that reduced check on movement had been formed as part of Schengen then it may be different.

As you say, significant new border controls (a wall!) would be completely untenable.    Hopefully the answer lies in making the draw for any illegal border crossing (either direection!) less attractive?

It was a different world then, but I remember my dad getting 'bollocked' for simply crossing from North to South on an 'unapproved' road on a caravan holiday - i.e. a route that simply bypassed the border controls!   That would have been around 1967.       

I have just listened to the news at 6pm on Radio 4.

Why are they giving a platform to Heseltine to spout his bile. This time about Boris. I was going to quite what he said, but that will give his views more publicity. Although I liked the line "He's knocked billions off the value of the nations savings", this is when the FTSE is 200 points higher than a week ago,

He is a non-entity, a sick and bitter has-been, who just does not understand the British people.

He should not be given any further airtime

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

image.png

heres a snapshot of the bbc. Am I missing the positives ? Stock market back up, EU stagnating, countries queuing up to sign trade deals, interest rates maybe cut, pound down meaning exports cheaper......

I'm seeing more upsides to this presently - all being missed by our wonderful bbc - who are more worried about our holiday spending money and the affect on our pensions which are 20 odd years away and will be plundered by a future government anyway !!

Only here once

• Gold FFM

And central bbc are spouting examples of hate crime..........

yes it's disgusting - but it happens to all creeds - and works both ways - and I very much doubt incidents are that much different from this time last month.

Only here once