Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 7 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe the back markers had learned their lesson from last time?

Knob of the day, Sainz. Complaining that the corner he crashed into should not be there! Maybe he could switch to drag racing. No unnecessary corners there.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I thought his attitude and response was brilliant. He knew it was his fault, accepted it, apologised to the team and then that quote. Great attitude and a great guy. Always smiling.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Lucky for Mercedes that they’ve got comfortably the fastest Car/driver combo. You’d think that with hundreds of employees they’d have someone who understands the rules. That’s two of the last three races they’ve cocked up.

9 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

F1 race. Long start straight where cars can slipstream. Lewis went early at the safety car re-start and there was no pile up by the back markers.

just saying.

And, he managed to keep the lead.

You are not just saying ,you are heavily hinting Bottas was at fault in the last race when it was discussed in a mercedes briefing and if the roles had been reversed Hamilton would have done exactly the same

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

There is no way Bottas was to blame in that race @mg4lotus - it was the muppets at the back trying to be clever.

• Like 1

The small print.

Yes, they were on full throttle coming off the corner and so busy racing each other they failed to notice everyone else hadn't gone yet!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just watched the quali and race highlights.   That was a hard weekend for Hamilton, not a very smooth quail and then the penalty also put a downer on his weekend.  Also Bottas' comment when he won the race was funny!  I think he was feeling the pressure to get better results.

The pundits on Channel 4 were saying according to their interpretations of the rules it was a bit of a grey area and Hamilton didn't do anything wrong.  Based on that I think the penalty was harsh.  I think the stewards could have found a middle ground which would have been more deserving.

Anyway I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for Lewis to take Shui's record?

• Like 2

According to the stewards, the drivers and teams are informed of the areas designated for practice starts at the start of the weekend. These areas vary from track to track depending on layout. Hamilton did two practice starts outside of the designated areas. He got penalised for breaking the rules. I’m sure Merc will pay more attention to the race notes in future.

Nobody else tried practice starts outside of the designated areas, if they had, they would also have been penalised.

Noooooooo! I thought they finally got their engine in the ball park for performance and reliability this year!  Wonder which engine Red Bull will move too?  I'm guessing only Renault would sell them an engine.  Are there any new comers in the pipeline?

I think the rules are that the manufacturer with the fewest customers has to supply, so Renault. I doubt Mercedes and Ferrari would want the direct competition that Red Bull would represent. Could VW/Porsche be tempted I wonder? Given how long it took Honda to get up to speed it doesn’t look good for a new manufacturer.

Real shame about Honda, they seemed to have made huge strides in the last few years.

This is a bit funny timing. The first few Red Bull whines about the Honda Power Unit were starting to seep out of the pit lane recently and, hey presto, Honda tells them to shove it! I can’t see Renault welcoming them back with open arms, after the way Horner & Co bitched about them last time. Maybe time to put their money where their mouth is and develop their own engine? No-one else to blame then.

• Like 1

Can it always be the engine providers problem? I was wondering about Verstappen and his engine issues. Is it that he is harder on the engine and the car and therefore get's more issues?

• Like 1

The small print.

It seems the Japanese struggle with F1, in terms of long-term commitment. Honda have been popping in and out like an errant uncle since the 60s. This news is no surprise.

Red Bull: my heart bleeds...such a nasty lot. All smiles winning, all sulks losing.

Justin 

• Like 2

Interesting that Honda have just signed a new long term agreement to remain an engine supplier in Indy Car, so there must be more to their F1 exit than just “carbon neutrality”. They probably decided that the cost of doing F1 is simply too high.

Good luck to Mick.

I am no fan of his Dad, who I considered a cheat but the family have been through a torrid event (on-going) and they have handled it with great dignity.

I really do admire sons who succeed in F1 following a champion father. It cannot be easy; some get a decent leg-up (Nico, Mick) but others do it the hard way (Damon). Either way, it has pressures beyond the norm and I take my hat off to them.

Damon's achievement is not fully appreciated. 

Justin 

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Rumours Mick Schumacher going to Alfa Romeo next year.

And Callum illott to Haas

hindsight: the science that is never wrong