Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 8 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just what is Jackie Stewarts "beef" with Hamilton? He constantly belittles his track record, success and achievement.  I doubt Jackie Stewart would make it in to anyone's "top three", most peoples "top 5" and personally he has always come across to me as an arrogant wee so and so.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/57716/hamilton-not-in-stewart-s-top-three-all-time-f1-drivers/

Maybe I'm out of kilter with the majority view, or maybe Mr. Stewart is just jealous. Who knows I guess.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Fangio. Let alone his exploits pre-war in South America. The F1 champ. 

Schumacher was brilliant, such speed and craft - but he cheated, often. Even Ross Brawn can't defend some of his actions.

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Maybe I'm out of kilter

I didn't realise you wore one. 

Justin 

Only when the winds blowing as I like to roam free!

4 hours ago, Neal H said:

Sir Jackie, he’s perfectly entitled to his opinion

I agree. But he does like the sound of his own voice and likes to be "important". He was probably the "special one" before Jose was even born

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

So, Haas are going to change both drivers, probably taking on two rookies who can bring (lots of) money with them. I’m not particularly a fan of Grosjean or Magnussen, but both are experienced and quick.

I can see Haas going in the same downward spiral that Williams did when they were forced to go the same route, replacing Bottas with Stroll and then Massa with Sirotkin. Perez would seem perfect for them, but I guess even his millions isn’t enough anymore.

Haas should probably have taken the opportunity to gracefully withdraw now rather than suffer the same embarrassment as Williams. There’s no room for privateer teams in F1 anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Wow. The old guy still has it!

The small print.

Well, I have to admit that win today was all Hamilton's. He made the win.  Pity for Bottas but don't think he can have any complaints.

As for Verstappen, I've said it before, and will continue to say it, I think he is just too damned hard on his car which is why he seems to get so many issues with it.

• Like 1

The small print.

23 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Well, I have to admit that win today was all Hamilton's. He made the win.  Pity for Bottas but don't think he can have any complaints.

As for Verstappen, I've said it before, and will continue to say it, I think he is just too damned hard on his car which is why he seems to get so many issues with it.

Can not disagree with anything you say especially Verstappen. Hamilton the Goat🏆🏆🏆

• Like 1

Yeah but they can change them, wash them and dry them faster than anyone else.

• Like 1

The small print.

Bottas got an undeserved second place with Verstappen’s puncture. As long as Bottas is in the other Mercedes, Hamilton should have it all his own way. Hamilton beat him by 25 seconds last week and was nearly 30 seconds ahead yesterday before the safety car came out. OK Bottas was carrying Ferrari debris this time, but even after the safety car on similar new tyres Hamilton put nearly 6 seconds on him in a handful of laps. It’s all well and good doing one good lap on Saturdays, but it’s more important to keep that up for all of Sunday afternoons. I would like to see a young gun in the second Mercedes, but I guess Hamilton is happiest with Bottas.

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Shame about the virtual safety car and Max’s puncture. Might have been a different outcome, but there you go.

No way Max would have won so no real difference in the outcome, a Lewis win.

@LotusLeftLotusRight - Bottas still had the damage/debris after the new tyres at the end.

Bottas is quick, he just doesn't have the racers edge to win races

Max is quick, but he is a blunt instrument and often wears out/damages his car - he suffers more breakdowns than his team mates in the same car

Lewis is very quick, has the racers edge, and is relatively light on his equipment

But, as far as most are concerned Lewis is not a great driver, her just has the best car.  As if 90%+ of the greatest drivers never had the best car.

• Like 1

The small print.

You can’t say no way Max would have won. No, not given the circumstances, but if Hamster had a puncture instead of Max then what would have happened? And if Bottas hadn’t had the damage?

And if me Auntie had balls, she’d have been me uncle. It’s all ifs and buts, and sheer luck!

Margate Exotics.

Agreed- If Max had not abused his car. If Lewis had punctured. Then Max MIGHT have won.

But I'm happy to stand behind that if Max had not abused his car and Lewis had not punctured then Bottas would have been 3rd tops, and Max first loser. Lewis would have still won. He has just been at a different level this year.

It's funny, everyone seems to comment about Lewis complaining on the radio, haven't heard a race yet this year when Max hasn't been whinging on the radio but it never gets a message.

It's also funny that I never really was a Lewis fan. Just did not take to the guy. But I have been won around to his ability to drive a car and win race races.  Max on the other hand, I just thought he was like an entitled spoilt brat, and my view hasn't really changed to be honest.  

And as this is 2020 and anything goes these days your Auntie could now well have balls and she'd still be your Auntie!

The small print.

I don’t believe Max ‘abuses’ his car more than other drivers. Pretty sure the pit wall guys would be telling him if that was the case. And in any case, if he does abuse his car, it might just be the reason why he’s unlikely to be looking for a job next year, unlike Albon*.

*Pure speculation on my part 🙄

Margate Exotics.

Wasn’t Max’s puncture the result of running over debris? The same as Bottas floor damage.

I think Hamilton’s win this time was a combination of luck, brilliance and sheer speed. The damage to Bottas car held both him and Verstappen up which allowed Hamilton to stretch the lead enough to make a stop and still come out ahead. The timing of the safety car was then perfect for Hamilton.

I think people under estimate Bottas. He’s very quick, his qualifying laps prove that. Granted, Hamilton has the beating of him over a race distance, but Hamilton would have that over any team mate currently. I think Bottas would probably be a double world champion about now if he had an Ocon or Russell as a team mate. He must be praying that Hamilton decides to retire at the end of the season!

Seemed to me the outcome was inevitable as soon as Verstappen & Bottas pitted early to put on hard tyres that were significantly slower than Hamilton's mediums, who then stayed out for another 10, or so, laps before the virtual safety car, with still no obvious degredation to his mediums.  Even without the safety car, he would have still got out first on much fresher tyres.