Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 81 - Motorsport - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Whole thing a bit of a mess, sure LH not happy, a few comments from him and response from Toto, to keep him going. Perhaps he feels a bit isolated with out his  physio Angela.

FIA need to get their game better in keeping up with penalties/judgements. As others have said though, the drivers will always try to take a short cut if there is little danger in getting the car or themselves 'damaged'. At least we have the Silverstone race this coming week.

Good to see McLaren improvement, but only got parts for the one car. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Just caught up on the weekend's action and its a mixed feelings from me.   While there seem to be lots of action in both the sprint and the full race and kept me engaged the track limits were a joke, especially these extra penalties post race.

The system does not work, they need to rethink it.  Put gravel traps, barriers and walls back in place.  I don't want to see drivers getting hurt but I do want to see them handling risk and I do want to see them penalised (by the track not the stewards) when they get it wrong.

I think that is part of the reason some folk look back at previous years and think that current racing is lacking a little something compared to years gone by.  In the "old days" (and you don't have to go back too far), there was a lot more jeopardy and a higher probability that a car would not finish, whether that was from a mechanical issue or crashing due to pushing the limits too far.  Feels like that's all been sanitised a little bit in the track design and rules and regulations.

I think now they have the cost cap in place, they should remove the restrictions on number of engines and gearboxes used per year.  Let the teams decided for them selfs what the correct balance is in terms of money spent and performance gained and replacement parts.

• Like 1

British GP, good for McLaren, better for Merc than expected and what a rare event Max wins.

What the hell was that Damian Lewis rendition of the anthem?  Absolutely disgraceful/awful.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Another fast procession of cars. Only the safety car livens it up fo a couple of laps. I wish the rain had come on, at least for 15 mins or so.

Coolturd has become very boring, banging on about tyre degradation and I can't stand thst Welsh guy with the overtight jeans.

It's the 1st race of the season that I've watched and I think it will be the last 😕

Looking forward to our invite to MTC tomorrow it’s going to be buzzing with Lando’s second place today. Checked into Foxhills Hotel this morning and parked next to Lando’s car, reception not happy it’s been there a few days waiting for McLaren to collect it. Sorry to say Lotus need to up there game,  even buying used McLaren’s gets you these benefits free of charge.

IMG_6957.jpeg.b4dc947a5f4904f4f9a4edb7f413f5df.jpegIMG_6962.jpeg.c89d8ae831bb1cf6d244a79031dd5785.jpegIMG_6963.jpeg.8715d7c61e385b13914a39db26d901cf.jpegIMG_6968.jpeg.f80f8ff8b275e21fe9a5e04185f3060e.jpeg

I have to say Max’s winning streak is even more impressive, considering how undriveable he claims his car is during every race. Yesterday he complained on the radio that his final set of tyres was no good, yet somehow managed to pull a second a lap on everyone else and even set fastest lap at the same time. Incredible! Just imagine how quick he would be if Red Bull gave him a half-decent car and tyres!

• Haha 1

So Riccardo is to replace de vries at alpha tauri. Not sure he will be better than tsunoda. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 09/07/2023 at 23:38, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I have to say Max’s winning streak is even more impressive, considering how undriveable he claims his car is during every race. Yesterday he complained on the radio that his final set of tyres was no good, yet somehow managed to pull a second a lap on everyone else and even set fastest lap at the same time. Incredible! Just imagine how quick he would be if Red Bull gave him a half-decent car and tyres!

Pissy bit of misdirection in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Mercedes’ Toto Wolff reckons the pace of 2023 Hungarian Grand Prix winner Max Verstappen makes the rest of the Formula 1 grid look like “a field of Formula 2 cars”

Very true 🤣

Well one more Max race next week, and at least then we can have a summer break from him.

Isn't it funny how F1 has gone from a "must watch" sport to a "can't be arsed watching" sport in a few seasons?

I get more enjoyment watching motorsport at Silverstone Classics on a wet and windy summers day 🤔

• Like 2

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

My big question is who stole the turbo from the Aston cars. Their form has dropped faster than a stone in water.

Think I saw some mention of the latest tyres not suiting the Aston, and will need some tweaks with the car. Was some mention of the tyres also having a (very small...) impact on the RB.

Yes @exeterjeep, you could see Max was really struggling with his tyres as he only finished about 25 seconds before everyone else.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Arguably, the crappiest circuit on the calendar, I had high hopes of a Merc resurgence, but despite Hamster’s supreme effort in qualifying, sadly it was not to be. At least the TV director chose not to show Max cruising around on his own, instead concentrating on the rest of the field. As for Perez having a good race, he could have had a P2 if he hadn’t cocked up royally in qualifying. I remain unconvinced that DR is better than his team mate, instead I prefer to wait and see how he performs in the next few races.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I'm wondering if we should have a sweepstake on when Ferrari finally have a full melt down.

• Haha 1

The small print.

24 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm wondering if we should have a sweepstake on when Ferrari finally have a full melt down.

Leclerc or Ferrari 

• Like 1

I suspect the air in the Ferrari debrief was a tad blue, Leclerc’s safety valve was clearly already chattering on its seat. Every race I sit and watch in amazement at them cocking it all up with their unfathomable strategy calls. The cars might not be the fastest right now, but they could be further up in the points if only they got it right. They’re better than this, and they should be at least snapping at Max’s heels, and giving us a better spectacle.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Looks like Spa this weekend is going to be wet, just what they didn't want after recent problems there in the wet