Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 105 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

I think the brake balance valve they've taken off the car was brought to the FIAs attention by Merc and McLaren....a really good bit of engineering I have to say!!

I think they've had it a long while and I think it explains some of the performance delta between him and Perez; I guess it has suited his driving style more - guessing now though.

6 minutes ago, Techyd said:

I think the brake balance valve they've taken off the car was brought to the FIAs attention by Merc and McLaren

I'm honestly not sure about that as I do not believe they'd have known about it as it is a tiny valve buried deep inside the car.

It definitely was there to suit Max's driving style, and it definitely did not suit Perez's. Perez is not a crap driver and his ability did not just disappear, I bet he was thinking WTF when he was driving the car as he may not even have know about it.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

For the record I fancy Piastri for World Champ before long. Fast, tough and calm as the day is long. Would be a most welcome shift from all the drama queen antics of this era.

Cheers

• Love 1

I would add focused, and ruthless. The last bit he showed in spades with that Monza overtake of Norris.

I am going to say that of the younger crop. Piastri is currently the best prospect - Norris may have a WDC or two in him, but in equal cars, he may struggle to get more than one.

I am going to predict that LeClerc, Russell, Sainz never get to be WDC's, but of that three, Sainz is the cleverest driver.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I was really impressed with Piastri. He made a monkey out of Lando, and I love the way he’s so laid back on the radio, like he’s out for a Sunday afternoon drive in an Austin Seven. Definitely a future WDC in my view.

But then we have Antonelli and Colapinto coming along, both of which are unknown quantities in F1, so that’ll be interesting.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

It really was a good weekend for Ferrari! Love this picture. When people who know what they are doing take pictures, they can be magical.

For the first time in history, Ferrari won two world championship races on the same day, writing a new page in the story of the company founded in Maranello in 1947. The victory at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in the United States came just hours after Scuderia Ferrari’s triumph at the Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix at Monza on 1 September with Charles Leclerc.

image.png.ebb963b8dbd412e508412f4f095e6acd.png

• Like 1

The small print.

That's what Ferrari said. They know better than me.

The small print.

13 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Wonder what little Jack’ next moan is going to be about 🤔

Egg on his & Marko’s face again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/articles/c3w6y694406o

Funny that Horner and Marko were happy to put on an illegal brake balance device for what was it, 2 seasons, without any complaints.

Sometimes, I just think the F1 team leaders behave like kids in the bloody playground. They all "squeeze" the rules to the absolute maximum, but this name calling, finger pointing etc in public just makes them look like spoilt children having a meltdown in the supermarket aisle because mummy said no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

It’s a championship after all: they can’t all win. Just because Verstappen now says his car is undriveable, doesn’t mean it really is shit. I am fairly certain his fastest lap time on Sunday was still quicker than that of 2023. He didn’t say that car was undriveable.

• Like 2

Looking at this video Helmut and Little Jack should maybe keep quiet?

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/kdTfU1egVHM3EVW7/

The small print.

hmmmm.... Looking at the video I don't think it was the RedBull wing that was flexing. Maybe it was the camera mount flexing, either that or the video was "photoshopped".

Good day at the office for both McLaren cars, Lando did better than I expected.

I hope RB don't get their act together to win this year.