Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 28 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

So I can't see him winning any more races now, I would say his career is on the wane..  If Russell is confirmed it will be interesting to see Lewis and him compete especially in a second year, as I imagine he will be told what to do for the first year.

Interesting to see what that dynamic is.   We know Russel is fast  - he only lacks Lewis' experience running near the front.  If he starts banging in better runs then Lewis will not like it and it could get smelly.

The latest round of kids are battering the drivers previously thought of as excellent.

Norris > Ricciardo

Leclerc > Sainz

Max > Perez

Ocon = Alonso   (very close)

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

And what a surprise,,, at last announced.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58474646

George Russell: Mercedes sign British F1 driver to partner Lewis Hamilton from 2022

Will be interesting to see how he gets on v Lewis.  Perhaps a future WDC in 2023 or 2024.

Great to see Albon being signed up to Williams for next year 🙂  

On 07/09/2021 at 09:52, Evotion said:

Ocon = Alonso   (very close)

Yes, in his first stint in F1, Ocon didn't win many fans, including me, but I have to say I've been impressed with his return.  He's calmer, more mature and has a focus and determination to improve his speed / performance.

Still think Alonso has the edge though, his race craft and ability to get everything out of the car is second to none I would say.  With the expected closer racing of cars next year, I think he'll be one of the drivers that excels, as would Riccardo I think; if he can learn how to drive that McLaren in time!

I think the difference between Alonso and Ocon was nicely summed up at Zandvoort. Early in the race Ocon’s behind Alonso and complaining on the radio that Alonso isn’t going fast enough (ie, tell him to move out of the way). End of the race Alonso finishes well ahead of Ocon. Turns out he was conserving his tyres to ensure the best result.

You can’t beat experience. I think George will be sensible enough to learn from Lewis in year one and then go for it in year two.

Good to see McLaren getting a good result they looked good all weekend, and as for the crash, if the 2 drivers, after the 2 poor pit stops as well,  had continued may be only 1 McLaren would have been on the podium.

1 hour ago, pete said:

So Max gets a 3place grid penalty next race for what looked like a racing incident. 

As you would say, the Stewards disagree and stated Max was predominantly to blame. Surprised you're going there after your Silverstone comments. Are you sure your name really is Pete and not Christian?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yup. But you were particularly prickly, and a stickler, re Silverstone. So a bit of consistency in your opinions would help.

Stewards opinion is the one that matters (sure you said something like that) and they said Max at fault. Penalty awarded and TWO licence points.

Just throwing it back at ya...🤣😂🤣😂👍

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes we are entitled to our opinions, but come on this is Max and he will never change. If it was not for the halow sadly we could have a different outcome on this incident. The saddest part he climb out of his car and never looked back to see if Lewis was ok after just driving over his head. Will be interested to the view of Chillidoggey on this one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scotty435 said:

The saddest part he climb out of his car and never looked back to see if Lewis was ok after just driving over his head.

I noticed that as well, if Max had thought it was Lewis's fault I thought he might have had a go at him, given him (another) whack on the helmet. As Max is now in the lead in the title race, he could take Lewis out at each race from now and win.

• Like 1

Red Bull team culture is toxic and Max reflects that. Shocking he never (appeared) to check that Lewis was unharmed. And I noticed the near side rear wheel was turning at speed after the cars were stationary, suggesting (perhaps) Max was still inputting power but luckily the other rear wheel (on Lewis's head) was decoupled from the driveshaft. 

Having said that, it makes for a wonderful spectacle. And McLaren were 1-2, which is almost as good as having Williams 1-2.

Justin