Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 35 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

@C8RKH Yep you was right, stewards and FIA don’t have a backbone.

So, if I read things correctly:-

1. It is now ok to continue to race off the track of you are being overtaken on the outside of a corner provided that there is no contact

2. If the cars do touch it will always be the car that was attempting an overtaking manoeuvre that will be at fault.

3. This part of the FIA rules no longer applies. “Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are strictly prohibited."

Hence we now have F1 as being that ‘demolition derby’ that Verstappen used to think it was.

I read last night that Verstappen said in an interview with BBC 5Live yesterday that in his view everything was ok because no contact was made.

It would also appear that Horner Spice will continue his campaign to prove that the Mercedes rear wing is illegal, so the saga is to be continued

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I can near guarantee you that someone else will try the same trick and get a penalty for it now.

Consistently, since Max joined, he has been doing things that other drivers consider outside of the laws and dangerous and not been punished. Max and his fans consider this to be what makes him a great driver, by that token, the San Marino football team can adopt Vinnie Jones and some extremely sharp studs and win the world cup (OK that might be stretching reality a little but you get the point).

• Like 2

Exactly - and he had that feud with Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul, which I never quite understood but ended with Renault poaching Riccardo, and Horner was fuming with that, I am sure of it.

I see in the news LeClerc has already said he'll be changing his driving; in fact, something he's already had to do when up against Verstappen - was it Austria 2019 when they clashed without punishment for Max? I distinctly remember that being a sad for Charles when he realised driving fair didn't come out on top - you could see it in his eyes during an interview.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Techyd said:

If we compare this to the Silverstone incident, the situation is reversed here, only Lewis avoided the accident in Brazil and Max did not in Silverstone.  I'm pretty sure Horner was a nasty piece of work in his comments about Lewis that day.

Seems to me like the real competition is between two people: Christian Horner and Toto Wolff - and I think Toto may only just have realised that himself, being a far more decent bloke, he and Mercedes I think are currently on the back foot to Horner, who is playing the behind the scenes game - there has to be something to explain why Verstappen is not being picked up on his driving etiquette.

My hope is that this isn't distracting the team from focusing on bring an update or spot-on setup /plan to Qatar.  I would love to see Lewis take an eighth championship

Spot on about Horner. 

Well it is sometimes called the F1 circus and now it is turning into Billy Smart’s best!

Just wondering who will end up playing Coco the clown🤔

Lets see what the stewards do with this..

After qualifying, Verstappen was issued with a summons by the stewards for allegedly not respecting double-waved yellow flags at the end of the final session, when Gasly was slowing with a punctured front tyre.

The hearing will be at 13:00 local time (10:00 GMT), so there will be no decision on Saturday.

You would think that they would have to penalize Max for going faster when double yellows were present even if for a brief period. But as has been said, "This is the F1 circus!"

Later,
Eldon

• Like 2

Yippee... Max get 5 place grid penalty - that puts him more in the mix with some other drivers at the start.  I bet Horner is seething.

• Like 1

Yep, Horner is having his usual whinging session.

According to Horner, “Max didn’t see it and the track is wide enough anyway so why a penalty. Also it could have been a rogue Marshall who stuck his flag out before being instructed to”

Meanwhile Bottas is quoted as saying “I didn’t see it but it was a yellow so I’ll just take the penalty”

Hence, according to Horner’s analogy, he would tell the court when challenging a speeding conviction that it’s ok then to drive on a dual carriageway at 70mph when the speed limit is 50mph because the road is wide enough and you didn’t see the 50mph sign.

So, Bottas 6th, Mad Max 7th on the grid. You know what to do Bottas when Max tries to overtake you on the approach to a corner, but make sure you keep him behind you after the start!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

So, Bottas 6th, Mad Max 7th on the grid. You know what to do Bottas when Max tries to overtake you on the approach to a corner, but make sure you keep him behind you after the start!

and for the whole race... not likely though. Treat max like max treats others....

• Like 1