Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 36 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Despite what people say it's not just about the car.

So you think Bottas has the same engine as Hamilton?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Hamilton was using an "old" engine, not the new one he had last week, so yes, I believe they had the same engine, Bottas' engine may have been 1 race older, possibly 2, but no more.

What do you think Pete?

Also, the engine is one part of the car and each driver will have their own preference re setup. Maybe Lewis just sets the car up better?  A bit like Max and Perez? Both have the same car. Struggling with your point to be honest.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It was a pointed question. But whatever.

The sarcastic answer would have been no. As two cars, at the same time, cannot share an engine, so of course they are different. 🤣

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You're welcome.

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

Not a great race to watch while hangry, I was shouting at Bottas through the TV to stop being so slow and overtake more cars.  Both in his first session when it wasn't clear he was on a 1 stop strategy and possibly looking after the tyres a bit and after the puncture where he didn't appear to make much progress through the field.

Good day for Lewis but I think Toto would have wanted more points for Merc and will be disappointed in Bottas' performance even considering the puncture.  Unfortunately also a great day for RB and their damage limitation for the drivers competition and catching up for the constructors champ.  I was really hoping Merc would be able to extend the lead a little bit this race.

I'd like someone who knows their F1 Apples to do a analysis into Bottas' drive.  Was he actually doing a pretty good job balancing tyre life and speed for a decent final position and just got scuppered by the puncture.  Or even considering his 1 stop strategy was he a bit slow?  Because thats how I interpreted his race.  

I think its honourable of Merc to keep Bottas in place till the end of the season but you have to wonder how much larger the lead in the constructors champ would be if they had put George in for these last few races.  Can't they fake a positive COVID test for Bottas so he has to isolate next two races and get George in the car.  It'll be a win win for everyone, well apart from Red Bull!

I started this season being a neutral supporter (well life long Williams supporter but then these days they're not really doing much so I'm essentially a neutral), but as the season comes to and end I'm becoming more and more of an anti-Red Bull supporter aka a Merc supporter! 

• Like 1

Yes amen to how amazing Williams racing were under Frank's stewardship.  Racing was in his blood, he lived and breathed racing.

Good point re Ricciardo, in the Red Bull days he seemed very fast and was on par with Max.  In his Renault days it looked like the car was holding him back and then when he joined Maclaren it looked like he just needed some time to get used to the car and he would be up and running but I don't think that has happened.  He's got a couple lucky results and good performances but in general he's not been anywhere near the pace of Norris.  I'm sure Norris is a very good driver indeed and will hopefully become very successful in years to come but Ricciardo should be able to be in the same ball park.

He seems like a good guy and has showed some amazing talent, it would be good for him and the sport if he can find some form back and start challenging people higher up the order a bit more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, electro_boy said:

He seems like a good guy and has showed some amazing talent, it would be good for him and the sport if he can find some form back and start challenging people higher up the order a bit more.

Totally agree. I would say when he was in RB (before Max) he was even more impressive than Max as he raced hard and CLEAN and some of his late braking overtake moves were mesmerizing.   Right now it is all about Max and Lewis, but I think from next year it could be about Max, Lewis, George, Llando, Charles...  A lot of young talent and the new format could really open things up a bit.

• Like 1

The small print.

Without Max Verstappen this would be one of the most boring seasons ever. Big fan of LH since 2007 but he takes the prize for the dirtiest and most dangerous piece of driving this season hands down.

If Max was as ruthless as Prost, Senna and Schumacher he would be taking Hamilton out while he still has a lead in the WDC. Right now it looks like only way Red Bull can win the titles.

Edited by jimichanga

1 hour ago, jimichanga said:

So this isn’t a discussion about F1 then just an anti Max Verstappen hate group? That’s way more sad than anything going on in F1. 

Well I suppose this about F1, but this year there is such a concentration of interest between the 2. Maybe next year there will be loads of views about GR when he starts at Merc, and very little messages about VB and his performance at Alfa.

Hope there is a tribute for Kimi coming up to his last race.

I don't think Alonso has ever got over being beaten by a young Hamilton as he can't stop squealing like a pig about him. I do wish this has been would just retire quietly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/fernando-alonso-lewis-hamilton-engine-usage-b1966721.html

• Like 1

The small print.