Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 51 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

2 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

It's heart-warming to see all those Daily Express readers putting us straight.

Perhaps the Daily Mail ones could also oblige.

90b1615e-68a7-11ec-a603-02d2fb1aa1d7-1.j

AMSTERDAM - According to former Formula 1 driver and analyst David Coulthard (see picture), Max Verstappen's driving style helped him win the mental battle with Lewis Hamilton, and ultimately the world title.

From the start of the season, there were intense duels between Hamilton and Verstappen on the track. Verstappen did not shy away from the risk and Hamilton even stopped a few times to avoid a collision or crash.

Gradually, Verstappen got into Hamilton's head, Coulthard claims. "Verstappen is not afraid of anyone, that is not part of his psyche," the Scot told Channel 4.

He continues: „That is what I find most impressive about him, if there is a gap, he goes for it. There's no doubt about that. That's also how Verstappen mentally beat Hamilton, he got into Lewis' head."

Edited by rudolphwolven

Verstappen predictably brought a greater measure of desperation to the exercise, but Lewis was never short of courage to strike when opportunity presented. I like and respect DC but such comments are rather dilettante, as one might expect from one in his position, and not very insightful. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Still having strong ties to Red Bull i did not expect for him to say anything different. What Ruud did miss out probably on purpose that Coulthard did say that Verstappen would would have not won the championship in a clean manner in the way the Lewis as won his previous 7 championship’s and he won in the manner that Senna and Schumacher won there titles and in a true enthusiast that involved a lot of cheating. Sadly for Lewis it was not only his main competitor that cheated the FIA got involved in the same tactics. 

• Like 2

Nice little earner.....

Hamilton makes big profit on Pagani Zonda – report

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-hamilton-sells-pagani-zonda/?fbclid=IwAR1TjGg9SgSXTn2SblsM_Vx2gLvuLvxMZRo_7e4A8Vxzb8QlITA-Upof09w

According to a report, Lewis Hamilton has made a multi-million pound financial gain after selling his Pagani Zonda.

Italian car magazine Quattroruote are reporting that seven-time World Champion Hamilton has passed on the Pagani Zonda 760LH to a new home, a car designed specifically for him with a manual gearbox, thus explaining his ‘LH’ initials at the end of the model name.

Powered by a V12 engine, Hamilton bought the 760-horsepower supercar for a reported €1.4million, ordered personally from Horacio Pagani and decked out in the purple iconic to Hamilton’s Formula 1 branding, but the sell-on value it turned out was far higher.

Hamilton has now sold the Zonda for €10million as per the report, earning himself a very tidy profit of €8.6million, converting to around £7.2million.

Labour peer slams ‘rigged’ Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

https://www.planetf1.com/news/labour-peer-rigged-abu-dhabi-grand-prix/?fbclid=IwAR1odaSd9MFomlp_6dlfqgkrfsk0n9uVOu029bmhrnF-TGYYghwb1gR20Rs

Bit late to stump up a comment.

Lord Peter Hain, vice-chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Formula 1 in the UK, voiced his distaste about the way Max Verstappen was able to win his first World Championship

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Labour peer slams ‘rigged’ Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

https://www.planetf1.com/news/labour-peer-rigged-abu-dhabi-grand-prix/?fbclid=IwAR1odaSd9MFomlp_6dlfqgkrfsk0n9uVOu029bmhrnF-TGYYghwb1gR20Rs

Bit late to stump up a comment.

Lord Peter Hain, vice-chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Formula 1 in the UK, voiced his distaste about the way Max Verstappen was able to win his first World Championship

A bit late to stump up? He actuality went public and voiced opinion the day after the Abu Dhabi GP and what he did say it more like watching WWE than a professional sport. He is really a true motorsport enthusiast. But there you go lets just shoot him down him flames for being a Labour Peer. Grow up Keith.

It's said that Hamilton won't make a decision on his future until the FIA announce the result of their enquiry and today the FIA have said they won't be doing that until 18th march,the weekend of the first GP. Not sure where that leaves Lewis

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Also read - while growing up - 

Sebastian Vettel tipped to replace Lewis Hamilton as George Russell's Mercedes team-mate

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1549999/Sebastian-Vettel-tipped-replace-Lewis-Hamilton-George-Russell-Mercedes-teammate

I suppose if Lewis may up then Merc will have to plan for that, and look at options

Seems likely Lewis will be back though....

Mercedes are using the threat of 'no Lewis' to ensure they get listened to. A minimum I am sure is no Masi. 

Liberty Media cannot afford to lose Hamilton and his worldwide social media reach, esp in USA. He is the Heineken driver - reaches the parts others cannot reach. 

Justin

Hamilton has the talent to get into double figures while he is in a car that is capable, Mercedes need to keep on top of the changing regulations and their competition. The competition from his new team mate will probably be more intense than previously.

Also, if a boxer is fighting his opponent and the referee, it becomes very difficult to win.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Is he isn't he...

Hamilton shared a picture of himself at the Grand Canyon in the United States of America.

And along with it he added the caption: "I’ve been gone. Now I’m back!"

1561524_1.webp?r=1644131577214

Possibly his own range of clothes shortly to be available worldwide in your local store.

I doubt he will do them in 4xl, so thank god they will not fit me!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

RBR Launch today.

red-bull-racing-rb18-1.webp

The new car is proudly harbouring the #1... Livery is just as forgetable as last year, very on brand.

The car looked very much like the FOM prototype and the Haas f1 car except for the front wing, and I think the side air intake are stretched... so longer wheel base maybe. Still it's going to be a pretty dull affair if they all look the same. The cars will change a lot before race 1 hopefully and the racing should be better...

The show is very RBR scripted... they have signed their new whale of a sponsor with Oracle footing, on paper, $100m per year over the next five years, on a cost capped budget of a 145$, I think.

Honda is no longer a partner but the HRC logo now appears at the back of the engine cover, so Honda is still pretty much involved and RBR is probably pushing like mad to keep them involved until Porsche steps in.

Edited by NedaSay