Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 61 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

Good 2nd attempt by CL to get pole after an error on first run, together with a RB issue, may be a good day for the red cars tomorrow.

Also Merc look better but would seem to be a way from getting to a race winning car for either British driver.

Russell out-gunning Hamilton again. Glad to hear they may have found a way of reducing the porpoising.

Some on car footage of leClerc and what might have been porpoising in the bends, I found disconcerting. Must be horrible for the drivers.

Outside of Quali, the main story of the weekend seems to be 'Hissy Crissy' Horner and Helmet Darko protesting to the FIA that Aston Martin have copied RB's aero/bodywork.  Well, judging by the results, it obviously paid off for AM, not.

I'm sure that this was purely a move made to add spice to next year's 'Drive to Survive' on Netflix.  

So Red Bull complaining like Hell about Russell, yet when Verstappen was doing much worse, it was "exciting racing".

I so have lost ALL RESPECT for Red Bull as a sporting team, Horner is just unbelievable to be honest.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hamilton should be driver of the day, but he won't be lol...

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Good recovery drive by Hamster, but once again he was shown up by his upstart team mate. Encouraging to see the Mercs have made progress though, it’ll be exciting to have them back in the mix at the front. I felt for Leclerc, he’s driving superbly, and didn’t deserve to retire. I don’t like the circuit, but it’s better than the fakery of Miami.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Just caught up on the weekend's action! 

Oh wowza, what a great race for the neutrals (or Williams F1 supporters like me)!  Lots of plot twists during the race.

Felt sorry for Charles, did everything he needed that weekend put the car on pole and stayed out in front and looked like he was in control. 

Great to see Merc have the proposing issue sorted and the drivers have a car they drive with confidence.  George put in a really good performance especially defending against Max that was some great racing.  I think Hamilton had a great recovery drive, he only finished ~20sec behind George even though new got a puncture only a few corners into the race.  I think the C4 coverage did not do him justice at all; he was right at back one moment and then by magic without any air time 30 laps later he is 6th and making his way up to 4th! 

• Like 2

Was the same on the live coverage, thought he must have stopped less than the rest of them but I think he also stopped 3 times

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I had the live timing on my laptop, could see that he made progress as the laps counted down. After his puncture stop after the start he was miles behind the Williams in front of him. He said he enjoyed the race - so was probably glad he did not retire at the beginning!!

• Like 1

I reckon that drive will get his mojo back for him for this season, he's seemed pretty down this season so far.  I hope we get to see Merc get competitive for the rest of the season and create a three way fight.

From what I've read, the Ferrari is a difficult car to drive this year, despite its speed and Sainz is struggling with that so I hope they can try and make that easier as Sainz is a great driver and great sportsman.

The weather made things a bit more interesting for the race today, still Ferrari manage to lose to RB, and a close finish for the top 4 and a poor race for LH, but better than expected for Lando an GR.

I think it's time for Alonso to leave quietly out of the cat flap. If his idea of "racing" at the pinnacle level which is what F1 is, is to just back- up and hold up another racer then to be honest, it's time to go, especially as it then cost his team mate a position due to his penalty too. Alonso reminds me of a 1980's pop singer who still thinks he cool because all the old people remember him at 80's "rewind" concerts.

Super happy for Perez. A great weekends performance and cements his position in F1 history as the greatest ever Mexican driver.

As for Ferrari, Christ, they need to sack some of the Italians as they're so flappable and bring in some others to provide leadership. After having worked for Italians, they seem to think that Leadership = "shout louder and do what I say", with little "strategy" involved.

• Like 2

The small print.

There are some people calling for the Monaco race to be dropped from the calendar, read somewhere that they are out of contract now. But I cannot see the them dropping it, due to the social media hype, money etc. But the racing is often poor and it seems that this years cars are wider so must make overtaking even more difficult.  

Some of my best, fondest and most exciting memories are of the over takes (some successful, some not, some disastrous) of my youth coming out of the tunnel - some of the best F1 action ever, and ever, and ever....

The small print.

But in recent years there has been very little overtaking there, was saying just that earlier to her indoors. Did not notice any attempt, is this down to modern / better braking systems? 

A rather more exciting race than usual! Perez and Red Bull played a blinder, but Ferrari dropped the ball big time, Leclerc must be seething. I had it marked as a Ferrari 1 - 2 though, so it was never gonna happen!

Hamster behind his team mate yet again, must be the weight of all his jewellery slowing him down.

Margate Exotics.

58 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Hamster behind his team mate yet again, must be the weight of all his jewellery slowing him down.

You probably need to put that on the “What made you happy today” thread 😛😛😉

• Love 2

• Gold FFM
On 21/05/2022 at 01:14, Bibs said:

This gets a WTF from me!! 

image.jpeg

Maybe he does this so that no-one recognises him?

Most people probably think that most F1 drivers probably dress decently and don't look like a homeless person?

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)