Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Formula One - Page 72 - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Formula One

KAS-118

2 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

Mercedes fined £22k for Hamilton wearing a small nose stud - That sets a pretty high bar for any penalty for Red Bull budget cap breach.

What about the one in his "Jap's Eye"? I wouldn't fancy the scrote ineers chances 🤣🤣

Very well judged drive by Perez. Should be driver of the day.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Apart from the initial decision not to start the race straight after the rain stopped, there were some odd race control decisions yesterday. Not saying that they had any outcome on the result, but a couple of safety car decisions. Car stops at dangerous point on circuit: yellow flags only for a while, then VSC and car gets cleared, then full safety car! Second one: car crashes and loses front wing, VSC and then green light whilst marshalls are still on the track extricating the wing from the barrier.

40 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Apart from the initial decision not to start the race straight after the rain stopped, there were some odd race control decisions yesterday. Not saying that they had any outcome on the result, but a couple of safety car decisions. Car stops at dangerous point on circuit: yellow flags only for a while, then VSC and car gets cleared, then full safety car! Second one: car crashes and loses front wing, VSC and then green light whilst marshalls are still on the track extricating the wing from the barrier.

Bring back Masi. All is forgiven.

Well, not quite !!

44 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

green light whilst marshalls are still on the track extricating the wing from the barrier

At one point I think there was a release from the FIA/stewards saying that they had not done that, that the clip played was a 'repeat' of something that had already happened???

Good race for McLaren, they took the right decision not to pit when they could have, so flattered their result. 

Perez having his 5 sec penalty, somehow the Ferrari could not keep up with the RB in the last few laps so could not inherit the win. And it took quite a while for them to decide/announce. Masi would just have given the race win to the other RB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stop watching it then and have an afternoon nap. Probably more productive for you anyway ;)

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Noticed today that Lance Stroll’s Aston Martin F1 team are investing big time in new facilities. There’s a colossal new building going up which dwarfs their original Silverstone HQ next door (on the left, behind the stack of Portakabins). Budget cap? What budget cap?

2D3nfgN.jpg

Yeah, right pi$$ed off about that. It used to be Litchlake campsite where I camped for the last 10 years when I went down to the Silverstone Classics 😕

Edited by Rambo

Budget cap announcements from FIA tomorrow?  From the DM online....

EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Hamilton will NOT be handed last year's world title after Red Bull were found to have only committed a minor breach of £114m spending cap and not the £10m speculated... with Christian Horner set to be vindicated

Sportsmail understands that accusations privately made by a number of teams that Red Bull were some £10million over the £114m ceiling will not be borne out when the adjudication is made public. The amount in question is at the lower end of the scale

I suppose the accountants have been busy...

Fudging the figures no doubt. So it’s bad but not bad enough to penalise enough eg point deduction etc. 🧐

Q. When is a breach of the cap not a breach?

A. When it’s only a small breach

Well, that’s logical then 🤔

Meanwhile Mercedes are handed a $25,000 fine because Hammy wore a small nose stud. Where is the logic in that v a small budget cap breach? Aren’t they both small 🤔

Victimisation anyone?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Budget cap announcements from FIA tomorrow?  From the DM online....

EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Hamilton will NOT be handed last year's world title after Red Bull were found to have only committed a minor breach of £114m spending cap and not the £10m speculated... with Christian Horner set to be vindicated

Sportsmail understands that accusations privately made by a number of teams that Red Bull were some £10million over the £114m ceiling will not be borne out when the adjudication is made public. The amount in question is at the lower end of the scale

I suppose the accountants have been busy...

That's ludicrous. Surely £114 million means £114 million and not £116, £117 or however many million over. That's like scoring a goal if the ball goes the wrong side of the goalposts 😲

F1 has got so farcical these days with its rules, penalties, drivers with overblown egos etc.. I'm surprised it's not owned by Disneyland rather than Liberty Media Corporation

• Like 1

You don't throw someone out of a club for breaking the rules first time out. 

The budget cap is new and it will take time to find the correct balance for policing was is a very complex structure.

The budget cap has transformed the future of F1, almost instantly. It is a success already. To ensure it remains so, FIA will need to find the balance between ensuring it is adhered to and not being so officious that you either scare off entrants or make a mockery of the sport. Or both.

Not easy but they'd made a decent start.

Justin 

Lol. But seriously, why waste time watching something you usually find boring?  Time, the one thing you can only ever lose. It doesn't matter how rich you are, you can't buy time back.

• Like 1

The small print.

So Max is champ again, another bit of a mess from the FIA, more rules obviously needed over the winter, still Max has been best this year and does deserve it . Bit lucky to avoid a penalty from qualifying?

Race needs to move to a better time of year??

• Like 2