Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Farage was on LBC last night saying that he thought the media had done a stirling job and hadn't stirred the pot with this. 

I guess them saying that they'll be bringing ex-NHS staff back to work in the hospitals which will run out of beds and that there are plans for a mass mortuary in Hyde Park are really helping people stay calm. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Funnily enough, those poor beggars who are suffering in Hospital with Corona Virus right now might well be the luckiest. They are getting the best attention and medical treatment and will emerge with a degree of immunity. By the time the rest of us catch it, the Hospitals will be overrun with the afflicted and you’ll just be left to fend for yourself.

”Bring out your dead...”

18 hours ago, Colin P said:

July. So could be at the height. Lose under a grand now or risk several times that by leaving it. 

You may (or may not) find this of help https://www.latimes.com/travel/story/2020-03-05/before-canceling-your-trip-because-of-coronavirus-ask-yourself-these-questions

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Funnily enough, those poor beggars who are suffering in Hospital with Corona Virus right now might well be the luckiest. They are getting the best attention and medical treatment and will emerge with a degree of immunity. By the time the rest of us catch it, the Hospitals will be overrun with the afflicted and you’ll just be left to fend for yourself.

”Bring out your dead...”

Coincidentally I was thinking the same today.  I'm high risk, and as such might do better to contract it as soon as possible! Seeing my GP tomorrow (unrelated) and will be asking for some pre-emptive drugs as I'm sure they'll be in short supply if and when I need them later.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

What do we think the political fall-out of this crisis will be in the coming months?

I guess the UK is in a relatively stable position, since we have a newly elected Government with a strong mandate, so they would have to really screw things up big style to get into trouble. It may even quieten down the SNP and their referendum calls for a while too.

But what about Brexit? If the two negotiating teams don’t even have a decent chance of doing what we’re paying them for, how will they come to any agreement before 30.12.20? 

Next up is America. They have an election this autumn. What would probably have been a nailed on Trump victory, may even go the other way if the American public think he is doing a bad job of managing the situation. He’s never been one to announce bad news. Things have never been better in his world. He can’t even blame Obama for this situation!

Interesting times ahead.

WTF

EFE65F10-0800-438F-B66B-8323A8BD9DEB.jpeg

• Haha 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

Visited my GP earlier.  As of today, they're out of sanitizer and can't get more.  He's livid with the media for causing this panic.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Yes but mines only 25% left and it’s actually got a bid on it. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Don’t panic, but according to BBC News, if you’re 50+ and smoke, it seems like you’re not long for this world. (Exaggeration possible). The young will inherit the earth and save the human race from extinction (and Brexit?).

Ironically, China might be one of the safest places to live now. It seems that their draconian measures are paying dividends and reports of new cases seem to be falling, so that could be good news for everyone.

• Like 1

Panic buying

As we all know the Chinese invented writing paper therefore all paper must come from China. We went to the Asda yesterday and ironically all the toilet paper was gone but you could still get writing paper.

We went down the pasta aisle. Pasta is Italian. All the pasta was gone. Ironically we wanted egg noodles which are Chinese and we were able to get them.

Edited by mg4lotus
typos

A few weeks ago I made a mistake on the online shop, I wasn't ready to place the accurate order but knew that if I didn't secure a delivery slot the desired time I'd not get that time. I placed a dummy order of a few things I did need but the bulk of value made up of several large packs of toilet rolls. I managed to forget to alter the order in time, and so have a few months supply of toilet rolls.

• Haha 1

Same here. We actually needed some bog roll and luckily my local shop managed to have some in but Waitrose, Morrisons and Tescos had all sold out of Loo roll, kitchen roll, tissues, hand gel, soap and most other cleaning products.

Strangely enough we had all of the above way before Corona because Wendy is a nurse and daughters a doctor and both insist we are maintaining high standards of health due to cross infection.

So we bought 9 rolls of loo paper which will last the 4 of us a week or so. I could have bought more but....why would I?

On Thursday we are off to the Surrey Art Fair and have a stand there. It hasn't been cancelled and there are no plans to cancel it unless the 0.000026% chance of even being within 100 meters of someone with it scares the organisers enough. 

As for the news channels. Brexit has happened and no mass crash or end of the world. People had had enough of their Global warming excess of news, so I suppose they needed something else to try and scare the public on.

Just remember, on the worst day 2700 people were diagnosed of having Corona virus of which 0.9% will die. 49,000 people die every day from cardiovascular diseases, 26,000 people die every day of Cancer, 4400 of complications with Diabetes, 2000 from suicide and 1400 a day from Mosquito bites, 1270 from Homicides and 378 from snake bites. These figures are all confirmed via fullfact.org

Whilst I understand peoples worry. Please don't stop doing your daily thing for something that you are more likely not encounter at all, yet alone die from.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

2 hours ago, Spinney said:

I sometimes wonder if we could actually do with a biblical flood, plague or pestilence to wipe out the terminally thick so we can start over and raise the lower limit bar of intelligence. 
I never cease to be surprised at the ability of the human race to plumb the depths of stupidity - and then manage to find even greater depths after that. 

I annoy my wife constantly by saying we need to cull the stoopid people. Ironically, many of the said stoopid people I am referring to have degrees, but no fooking common sense nor attachment to what the rest of us regard as "reality". They seem to think that "reality" is love island; TOWIE, etc.  Argh!!!

I want shopping Saturday morning to give the wife a break. Tesco's aisle for paracetomal was demolished. However, I got my 16 rolls of Andrex's best on special offer £6 (they had loads of bog roll) and at the front of the store they had those little cadbury's mini egg easter eggs. Reduced from £1.50 to 75p so I bought about ten thinking well at least I won't go hungry for a while!

This was me watching the Rugby in the afternoon

image.jpeg.bcb948446e4583d00c55173ea9d41a97.jpeg

Don't fear though if you're running out of bog roll. Helpful advice below. HTH!

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's just nuts. The world has gone soft. 90% of countries have no cases. More people still dying every day from car crashes than lagervirus!  Bloody get a grip eh....

Oh arrived at Dundee for my train to Peterborough and these on sale in the coffee shop for £1.99. That's Dundee for ya, life just goes on....

IMG_20200309_152447387.jpg

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

..So we bought 9 rolls of loo paper which will last the 4 of us a week or so. I could have bought more but....why would I?

My accident was 3x16 packs so 58 rolls, when we already had enough for a couple of weeks (still not emptied the pack that I had that was opened), in a house with 2 adults.

• Haha 1