Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 28 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

On our News here yesterday,

up at Bondi Beach in Sydney, thousands of people rocked up to the beach. Kids, adults. You name it.

The beach has now been closed, but as far as I am concerned, they should all be fined.

The irresponsibility of people is just astonishing.

I have just been told today that I am now working from home. Laptop etc so that I can get logged on. Been told that this could be for months.

The only thing that Liz and I will do from now on is only to go to the shops unless we have to self isolate for some reason.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
49 minutes ago, march said:

Sorry @Chillidoggy but we seem to be beating this bug so no tractor in the post. :harhar:

I must admit having watched Carina I can quite easily see how it can become a very serious condition for the elderly and infirm. I have been astonished and appalled by the general public ignoring the government mandates - Dartmoor and the Devon beaches looked more like a Bank Holiday weekend than a country under lock down - and what with all the 2nd home and mobile home owners decamping from London - just moronic. There are definitely going to be a lot of candidates for the Darwin awards this year.

I would have said that a lot of elderly will unnecessarily suffer because of the stupidity of other but a lot of the people flagrantly disregarding the government seem to be the older generations.

Fortunately our area has been very quiet so we seem to have a very sensible and helpful community.

Anyway guys - stay safe and keep the humour coming.

Pleased to hear you guys are recovering!

But miffed about not having a tractor to shift idiot hoarders out of the way in Tesco’s!

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

I have a routine annual check booked in for my Vaillant boiler on Wednesday. At the time of organising this, I never gave a second thought to CV. But now I’m having second thoughts. There are 4 of us at home now (2 parents + 2 kids). I am wary of a stranger coming in to the house and bumbling around for an hour. Each week he must be doing dozens of these house calls all over the area, so you never know if he has picked up the virus on his travels. I am sure the chances of infection are remote, but not as remote as they used to be! I’m inclined to cancel, as it’s only a check and I haven’t had any problems with the boiler. What do you lot think? Am I being paranoid, or sensibly cautious? The service company website says they have recommended engineers to wear masks and use hand sanitizer, before, during and after the visit, but they are only subcontracting the work out to smaller local companies, who might not comply.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Mightymetro said:

Well, no piano teaching for me for a bit.  No support seems to be forthcoming at this time for the self employed that will make a difference.  Have told them I have a V8 esprit so hoping they take pity 

Stupid question probably - but could you try teaching using FaceTime/Skype?

I know its not exactly the same - but might be worth a go?

I had to put my foot down and tell social service we will not be doing face to face contact with family today  for either of the teenage  girls we foster.   There does seem to be a lack of desire  from people in charge to make and take  firm decisive decisions and  be prepared to be accountable for them.      They will get phone contact instead.

• Gold FFM

I’ve just made the decision to stop work. Health before Wealth and all that. I have no idea how long we can financially survive. I’m guessing about 6-8 weeks. Worst case scenario is I will have a car to sell

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Brave decision. Hope you last and hope you keep hold of the Evora. Good luck and best of health.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It would have been braver (Or stupider) to keep going. I sit in an enclosed car shoulder to shoulder with all the pupils I teach to drive. 5-6 per day usually. Many have cancelled of their own accord but still doing a fair few hours. They are obviously touching the steering wheel, gearstick. Handbrake, all switches and knobs, door handles, setting mirrors and after a week of sanitizing in between each and every lesson I’m all out of sanitizer and can’t get more at the moment. I’ll be back but after 17 years I’ll put it on hold for a while. 😕
pupils won’t go anywhere as nearly all Instructors feeling the same way.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

5 minutes ago, mayevora said:

all the pupils I teach to drive. 5-6 per day usually

You Sir must have the patience of a saint. Most teenagers I meet these days I want to introduce to a meat grinder, feet first!           (obviously only joking before someone reports me for teenager bashing!)

Just now, Advantage said:

With both McD's and Nandos shutting from this evening it seems that sh*t just got real.

But where will all the teenagers "hang out" now then?

I personally can't stand Nando's. All that faffing about having to go and order and pay at the till, and bloody expensive for what is essentially cheap chicken pushed into a fast oven!

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

But where will all the teenagers "hang out" now then?

Hopefully on their Xboxes in their bedrooms 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KAS-118 said:

Stupid question probably - but could you try teaching using FaceTime/Skype?

I know its not exactly the same - but might be worth a go?

I’ve just given a first FaceTime lesson. It’s not too bad as it is a long term pupil and we have a great rapport but might be difficult with the younger ones.  Let’s see how it goes 🙈

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mightymetro said:

I’ve just given a first FaceTime lesson. It’s not too bad as it is a long term pupil and we have a great rapport but might be difficult with the younger ones.  Let’s see how it goes 🙈

Well good luck  🙂👍

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

With both McD's and Nandos shutting from this evening it seems that sh*t just got real.

Walked the dog earlier and car queue for McDonald's must have been nearly a mile long. Went out onto the main road causing chaos.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Good luck Ian.  A lot of us are in the same boat, it's not fun.

2 hours ago, mayevora said:

It would have been braver (Or stupider) to keep going. I sit in an enclosed car shoulder to shoulder with all the pupils I teach to drive. 5-6 per day usually. Many have cancelled of their own accord but still doing a fair few hours. They are obviously touching the steering wheel, gearstick. Handbrake, all switches and knobs, door handles, setting mirrors and after a week of sanitizing in between each and every lesson I’m all out of sanitizer and can’t get more at the moment. I’ll be back but after 17 years I’ll put it on hold for a while. 😕
pupils won’t go anywhere as nearly all Instructors feeling the same way.

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

Fingers crossed there will be some news for the self employed this afternoon. 5m of us in the UK, that's a lot of people!

I'm going to be there soon, though still haven't been made redundant yet.  No idea what's going on in their heads, 6 meetings spread over a month but no official letter.  Maybe they're waiting on the government bail out.

2 hours ago, Mightymetro said:

My daughter, Daisy aged 12 (how old was your student?), had her first maths tutor session via WhatsApp today and it went well (so I am told), tomorrow she is having her first remote drum lesson too.