Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 69 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, pete said:

This is not a political football. Easy to be wise after the event. It's not over yet.

Perhaps I should have said this shouldn't be a political football

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

I thought the wording of the second amendment was to 'keep and bear arms'?

Not to 'be able to buy, keep and bear arms'.

Ah. What do I know? I'm an Aussie.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I like that Canada ended the AR-15 bullshit  (like Australia previous did). You don't need an AR-15 to hunt deer. I fear sanity will never happen here with people who want their toys (mine is bigger than yours). Meanwhile senseless massacres will keep on happening.  How will it be interpreted next,  the right to bear bazookas and tanks?

Edited by comem47
  • Like 1

Banksy's picture (in Bibbo's post above) was presented to Southampton General Hospital which is where my daughter spent some time while they nailed/bolted/screwed/glued her right foot back together. The staff there are great. 

• Like 2

Wow. Really powerful but I feel that both Willie Walsh and Alex Cruz had their hearts replaced with cold granite chambers some time ago so it won't even register with them. If they continue down this route the BA of tomorrow will be nothing like the BA of the past. I do feel for the crew. All of the crew, during these times.

Edited by Bibs

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I have to agree.  Walsh has leveraged the pandemic to achieve everything he ever wanted in the business.  Interesting that IAG fully intends to go ahead with the purchase of another airline at this time.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

So Boris said:-

People in England would also be able to drive to other destinations

How do people on here read that

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I think it's ok to be driving your car.

As long as those fishing rods on the roof are just for show😂

Hard to catch cv19 when driving, and a&E has reopened for "business"👍

Edited by Bibs

I think he was referring to the exercise rules. Before we were banned from taking the car to another location to exercise. Then it was revised to only driving if the time for travel was significantly less than the exercise itself. From Wednesday onwards, it will be OK for members of your household to drive to another location to exercise as long as you respect social distancing. Also encouraged to drive, walk or cycle to work now, if working from home isn’t possible. Forget public transport.

So, in summary, not a massive change from what we’ve been used to recently.

1 hour ago, tom kilner said:

I think it's ok to be driving your car.

As long as those fishing rods on the roof are just for show😂

Hard to catch cv19 when driving, and a&E has reopened for "business"👍

Maybe. But when out running on country roads I have been passed much closer than 2m drivers with their Windows wound down not considering that they may feel isolated but there's no isolation when the window is open.

This proposed incoming aviation passengers 14 days quarantine restriction is an odd one. Apparently it won’t include passengers from Ireland or France. Why? Are they immune to contracting and spreading CV-19, whereas people coming from other countries are not? Conversely are all UK passengers immune to spreading the virus in those two countries? Weird.

Apparently, the self-isolation thing for those coming into the U.K. will require the person giving a valid address, and random checks will be made to make sure they’re there. Which will probably have the same measure of success as Operation King Canute does in preventing inflatable boats reaching the U.K.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.