Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 97 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

So compare 1 virus against 2 other illnesses? How did CV-19 fare against car crash and cancer victims combined?

I’m quite sure we can find some other illness or death rates to add together to beat CV-19.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

So not got involved in this debate before, but I think the gov have done a decent job of it considering! But I was reading The Sunday Times, oddly on Sunday and ( I don’t know if this is true) but one article said that a total of 37 people under 40 have died without other issues. Where my office is 23 companies have moved out, it is practically empty. 

• Gold FFM

What is the furlough scheme? Is that similar to our jobkeeper scheme?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, pete said:

Which is why the furlough scheme needs to end

I hope not, I was looking forward to another self employment support scheme payment, I've named my new Range Rover Borris...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ramjet said:

What is the furlough scheme? Is that similar to our jobkeeper scheme?

Same idea. It's up to 80% of the person's salary (employer can make up the rest, and employee can go and ear elsewhere if they wish) up to £2500 per month. Only applies to employed (including employed by own company) not self-employed.

@Steve V8 I've heard so many stories about the abuse of the various furlough and support schemes from business owners that that just ain't funny. I hope the people abusing schemes get caught and lose everything they have including their liberty,  shirts, family home and assets etc 

As always, there will be responsible, decent human beings abiding by the law and doing their upmost to support their businesses and staff. Then there will be the much smaller number of selfish, arrogant, entitled, c###s and t###s who will scam everything they can.  I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Being a ltd co Director I've not seen a penny in assistance but to be fair, I'd not have claimed if I was entitled as I've been very busy while I was locked down - I think I've done another 10 websites although have not had much drone work which has been a shame as I enjoy it!

I did see in the news yesterday that on average, people have managed to reduce their debt by £2,000 over the furlough period so I'm glad the tax pounds have been well needed and used. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I can’t help but think that many people have just exploited the scheme as a 6 month all expenses paid holiday. Take a young couple with no kids sharing a flat for example. They could be trousering £5000 per month of our tax revenue for not working all spring and summer. Bibs’ statistic above doesn’t surprise me. They’ve never had it so good...

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

Being a Partner in a our farm we have also received nothing from the government - our market has pretty much dried up as we produce niche high quality beef so at the moment we let our beef go for dog food just so we get something back - which is just criminal but needs must. It's nice to see the likes of McDonalds being helped out so much when we get stuff all. This year is going to cost us thousands (to be fair the weather has not helped).

If anyone wants incredibly nice beef we have a small batch that will be ready soon 😀. We do Dexter by the quarter and Dexter cross South Devon by the Eighth (I can get the rough weights and costs if anyone is interested). Dexter gives a stronger flavour (many of our customers will only eat Dexter) and the crosses give a mellower flavour but is real melt in the mouth beef (this has rapidly become my favourite). Hope no-one minds the shameless plug. Please do not confuse this with the rubbish you get from supermarkets.

• Love 2

Just been checking the Worldometer CV data and noticed an interesting point. After a slow start, the UK has now logged more tests (277,774) per million population than any other medium/large country. Armed with this data we should be all over the virus with our world beating track and trace system.

47 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I can’t help but think that many people have just exploited the scheme as a 6 month all expenses paid holiday. Take a young couple with no kids sharing a flat for example. They could be trousering £5000 per month of our tax revenue for not working all spring and summer. Bibs’ statistic above doesn’t surprise me. They’ve never had it so good...

Especially the many lazy militant teachers who have had a 5 month holiday on FULL pay and insist on it continuing.

I accept that not all teachers fall into this category but I’ve seen the contrast between schools in 2 different areas. One of my grandsons has been given work to do on a regular basis and that work has been quickly  marked and commented on. On the other hand I know someone who has a child of similar age (13) who hasn’t heard from any of his teachers since March.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, march said:

If anyone wants incredibly nice beef we have a small batch that will be ready soon 😀. We do Dexter by the quarter and Dexter cross South Devon by the Eighth (I can get the rough weights and costs if anyone is interested). Dexter gives a stronger flavour (many of our customers will only eat Dexter) and the crosses give a mellower flavour but is real melt in the mouth beef (this has rapidly become my favourite)

what weight is a ‘quarter’ and ‘eighth’?

prices would be great too 

Hi, There has been some interest in our meat (thank you all), I think it is probably easiest if I share the farms Facebook page which explains pack sizes and prices. The next batch of beef will be available early to mid September and will be Native breed crosses of Dexter and South Devon.

https://www.facebook.com/Springwater-Farm-Organic-Pedigree-Dexters-and-South-Devons-103274064382159/

I don't usually get excited about beef (probably over did it when we started) but this stuff is seriously good.

@SFO - A quarter is a quarter of a cow and an eighth is an eighth of a cow

Pinched this from Carina's Facebook page as she does all the sales:

Organic beef will be available in early to mid September from our small farm. Local delivery is possible. Our animals are purely grass fed and live out all year in family groups and at our inspection by the Soil Association, their condition is rated between Excellent and Outstanding.
We sell our animals by the quarter - these should be around 33 kg ish a quarter. The beef is butchered, vac packed and frozen by the butcher. The cost is £11 per kg (so 33kg wo
uld cost £363)
A quarter consists of joints, steaks (fillet, sirloin and rump), stewing beef and mince. I do not withhold any of the cuts!
The feedback from customers has been excellent:
"We just wanted you to know how much we are enjoying the beef you supplied us with. Absolutely delicious, tender, and flavoursome".

https://www.facebook.com/Springwater-Farm-Organic-Pedigree-Dexters-and-South-Devons-103274064382159/

I am happy to start another thread on this as it is a bit off topic if anyone is interested.

• Love 1

Looks like Australia is having their first real wave of CV deaths.

y4mZumSEoS8jB_UGoFzGrNQNxQTAPnjcjZsctucu

Looks like where the UK was in early March. Some tough times ahead.

@march get the topic setup. Beef sounds delish. Enough people will always pay for quality!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Some comparison graphs - source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus

Cases top half, deaths bottom. All show an increase in cases, but not the corresponding increase in deaths.

Spain:

y4m0h3AJo0kPNqumpDN5jZ5WKDRAdVrqLveA_ztY

UK:

y4moNlSMuwti5xLlMlgGQl9LVzJ9YiGtA3uw72aw

Sweden:

y4mduCgAG-yDH4Crvnp-MgErtKX_pNV6j6Gn4nVs

More people testing positive does not mean more people dying.

• Like 2

The relentless noise on number of new cases with nothing or little on hospital admissions and death is only flaming the hysteria; there is no debate on the wider impacts on the less well off in society, those whose treatments have been delayed etc ..

it makes no sense to accord so much priority and resource to this one health problem. 

4 hours ago, march said:

@SFO - A quarter is a quarter of a cow and an eighth is an eighth of a cow

I don’t have a freezer that big and 33kg would last me a year ...

• Like 1